• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Its hard to describe, but essentially higher grades copies of Monstress 1 will be tough finds. I have had about 15 copies all together and had 2 NM+ copies. The paper quality was just odd to say the least. Because its a larger book I am sure that had an effect as well.

I had a hand-picked easy 9.6/9.8 sent in for slabbing. Came back 9.4 with a bc cb crease that wasn't there when I sent it in. Yeah, cover paper quality is like crepe paper. Very delicate.

I'm not saying it was probably damaged during grading, but it was probably damaged during grading.

:roflmao:

Well as long as it wasn't damaged during grading.

I know it's always been a strong seller but I think maybe Gotham Girls has hopped on the GCS bandwagon and is heating up a bit.

GothamGirls

For the record, I believe GCS #1 should be the first appearance. And I have all the books in question so I hope everybody's right!

I know it's always been a strong seller but I think maybe Gotham Girls has hopped on the GCS bandwagon and is heating up a bit.

GothamGirls

For the record, I believe GCS #1 should be the first appearance. And I have all the books in question so I hope everybody's right!

My brother use to own that statue and he always regrets selling it, seems like it'll be out of his range for awhile.

GothamGirls

GG wasn't in my buying days, but what's not to like? Luv those covers! :cloud9:

:hi:

This was CGC's Stance on the GCS first appearance

This is CGC response:

"Gotham City Sirens" is the name of the series they are in, but it is not a team name like "The Avengers". So we make no special notation for it.

Sincerely,

So then the narrative for their first appearance REALLY matters.

Thanks.

This is CGC response:

"Gotham City Sirens" is the name of the series they are in, but it is not a team name like "The Avengers". So we make no special notation for it.

Sincerely,

Thanks.

Seems more like there is no "official" first appearance to me due to lack of an official team name. Free for all, I guess. (shrug)

Again, personally as an end-user/buyer/collector, my choice is GCS #1.

Edited by aerischan

This is CGC response:

Sincerely,

Thanks.

Seems more like there is no "official" first appearance to me due to lack of an official team name. Free for all, I guess. (shrug)

I think you know where I stand ;)

In this case I can't help but choose the narrative over the logo.

DCBS has given up on ordering a lot of variants. They are not offering the Star Wars 40th anniversary variants for example. There are plenty of copies out there, just not from DCBS.

They haven't given up ordering them, they've merely given up offering them for sale. I see them for sale on Ebay through their account later.

This is CGC response:

Sincerely,

Thanks.

Says the Minister of Disinformation . . . lol

This is CGC response:

Sincerely,

Thanks.

Says the Minister of Disinformation . . . lol

Ah name calling....the last bastion of a man without an argument :baiting:

Divad I thought you of all people actually read the comics?

It's an outlier, but holy that's a lot for Zatanna 16.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zatanna-16-Hughes-Cover-/142248906737?hash=item211eb20ff1:g:f2EAAOSw5cNYfiaK

Patrick

It's the new Catwoman #70.

:frustrated:

Cherry picked a copy off of the stands, along with several other "final" pre-52 relaunch issues. Held onto it for a while, sold it for practically nothing. Now I'm rebuilding my AH collection, so of course it's exploding.

I'm fine not seeing it again, I think it looks awful.

DCBS has given up on ordering a lot of variants. They are not offering the Star Wars 40th anniversary variants for example. There are plenty of copies out there, just not from DCBS.

They haven't given up ordering them, they've merely given up offering them for sale. I see them for sale on Ebay through their account later.

You are saying DCBS is offering the Star Wars 40th anniversary variants, action figure variants, and others for sale on eBay? hm

This is CGC response:

Sincerely,

Thanks.

I think you know where I stand ;)

In this case I can't help but choose the narrative over the logo.

Personally, GCS #1 wins me over on the narrative as well. They've worked together multiple times but GCS #1 is where they decide to officially team up.