• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

This guy isn't Chip is he?

Can't remember what he changed his name to....Princess Peach?

Who are you saying that you think is Chip ?

You. You smell like him, but I've been corrected.

I bet that happens a lot in your life if this is how you behave Mickey. And this from the chap who is currently majoring on personal attacks in the moderator action thread! I'm not sure you'd know how to be nice if you tried. I wont be finding out however, as I've added you to the "awful, awful people" who I now ignore list and will have a little chuckle to myself as your temperature rises, as it inevitably will......

I bet that happens a lot in your life if this is how you behave Mickey. And this from the chap who is currently majoring on personal attacks in the moderator action thread! I'm not sure you'd know how to be nice if you tried. I wont be finding out however, as I've added you to the "awful, awful people" who I now ignore list and will have a little chuckle to myself as your temperature rises, as it inevitably will......

Zg3dxwE.gif

Why didn't you get a strike for your shill account?

It's been a while but Kaholo had one of my cherished original collection books and hadn't sent it back to me yet. It's an ASM 300 in CGC 9.4 with Stan Lee, Bob McLeod, David Michelinie, Tom DeFalco and Todd MacFarlane signed on it. He sent me a picture of the book, which is shown below, right before the "you know what" hit the fan with him. It was completed and graded, but never returned to me.  Please let me know if someone can reunite me with my book.

IMG_2749.JPG

Edited by bagofleas

Opinions on this exchange?   Did the seller renege on a deal?  Or is there not a deal until you have an invoice/send payment?  

I offered to buy:

Keep the books in Ohio!  I'm in Columbus.

I mentioned $25 for the Marvel 3-pack in your thread.  If you're selling, I'm buying.

"Seller" accepted my offer

I have  a local customer who claimed to be interested but he hasn't been back yet. I'd be willing to sell them if you want them.

I repeated that I'd buy the multipack and asked for the postage quote:

Yes, I'll take it!  Let's work out the details.  I can send PP tomorrow night as soon as we figure the shipping cost and have a total price on the deal.

For estimation, my addy is

[redacted]

Priority or first class or whatever, speed is not all that important, I would just want the books packed up safely to avoid much risk of damage.

"Seller" backing out because you want to take the "easier" option of doing just one deal

Just accepted an offer for all 3 lots at 75. Much easier for me than one at a time. If he fails to send payment I'll sell you the one set that you want.

Me

Please reconsider ... we should complete our deal.  I made an offer, you said you'd sell to me, and I accepted.    No problem if you sell the other buyer the two packs that weren't under discussion, that's not an issue.  But I really hope you will honor the deal that we had arranged for the Marvel 3-pack.

"Seller"

I told you that I'd sell to you. At the same time I told another potential buyer that I'd sell to him. I'd sell to anyone.

He only wants the Whitmans if he gets the Marvel pack.  So of the two possible deals that is the best option or I'm going to be stuck with the Whitmans. I'm not playing you guys against each other as he is paying the same price. I just want them gone and he is willing to take them all if he gets the Marvel pack. If you had an invoice and paid then yes I'd honor that deal but it's not a deal till then. 

Me

I posted asking the other buyer to scale back that deal.

You could do the same by letting the buyer know you already had a deal to sell the Marvel pack.

"Seller"

This is getting way too complicated and that is the opposite of what I seek in everything I do.

You both had interest. You only wanted one set. He wanted them all. In the end I agreed to his deal because that is the easiest way to go. You and I spoke about it but we didn't have a deal. I didn't give you a final price,send you an invoice or take your money. 

IMHO there was a deal when I offered a price and the "Seller" accepted.  

7 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Opinions on this exchange?   Did the seller renege on a deal?  Or is there not a deal until you have an invoice/send payment?  

I offered to buy:

"Seller" accepted my offer

I repeated that I'd buy the multipack and asked for the postage quote:

"Seller" backing out because you want to take the "easier" option of doing just one deal

Me

"Seller"

Me

"Seller"

IMHO there was a deal when I offered a price and the "Seller" accepted.  

Deal made that he's reneging on because he got a better for him deal

8 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

assuming this 

I have  a local customer who claimed to be interested but he hasn't been back yet. I'd be willing to sell them if you want them.

means 1 multipac and not all three

You are being extremely generous to venture that assumption... that was the response to my offer --  " I mentioned $25 for the Marvel 3-pack in your thread.  If you're selling, I'm buying. "   Seller was clear that he knew I was buying only one multipack, as he stated that he bailed on our deal because he nailed down a deal for all three packs.

5 hours ago, Warlord said:

Seller:  "I have  a local customer who claimed to be interested but he hasn't been back yet. I'd be willing to sell them if you want them"

The problem lies in the above statement.  Since there is no question about price negotiation his only reason for telling you about the other seller was to let you know that the other seller was buying "them" as in, "all of them" you only wanted one of them - you can't separate the statements from a single post.
If you can explain to me why this seller bothered to tell you about the other interested party other than to try and adjust the scope of your offer to have you buy them all OR to tell you that you were in line behind the first buyer then I'd probably support whatever it is you want to do but overall I'd see this as a communication breakdown.  

2 hours ago, Warlord said:

You are being extremely generous to venture that assumption... that was the response to my offer --  " I mentioned $25 for the Marvel 3-pack in your thread.  If you're selling, I'm buying. "   Seller was clear that he knew I was buying only one multipack, as he stated that he bailed on our deal because he nailed down a deal for all three packs.

Ask my wife, I'm never generous.

Of course he backed out of a deal with you, my only concern would be that it didn't happen in the market place where we have a rigid set of rules. He basically created a thread in the copper age section asking about the 3-packs, whether to open them, keep them sealed, etc. You jumped in asking to buy. I don't know if this is a regular seller on the boards, but he came off as someone who had no clue as far as the rules governing the buying / selling on the boards. He had another buyer before you, that was a little slow in getting back to him, someone was going to be unhappy.

Just a "what if", had he come back with a shipping and handling charge of $30 for his time and effort. Would you still want to be locked into that deal, or do you feel you have the right to back out?

Edited by boomtown

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, boomtown said:

Of course he backed out of a deal with you, my only concern would be that it didn't happen in the market place where we have a rigid set of rules. He basically created a thread in the copper age section asking about the 3-packs, whether to open them, keep them sealed, etc. You jumped in asking to buy. I don't know if this is a regular seller on the boards, but he came off as someone who had no clue as far as the rules governing the buying / selling on the boards. He had another buyer before you, that was a little slow in getting back to him, someone was going to be unhappy.

Just a "what if", had he come back with a shipping and handling charge of $30 for his time and effort. Would you still want to be locked into that deal, or do you feel you have the right to back out?

Your second question about shipping is a good one, my following comment is about your first point: it does not matter the venue when the issue is a deal broken or a transaction incomplete, like the sticks on the corner of the endzone, it goes round the world. Certainly some of the rules about sales posts don't apply, say, in a diner or café, but the obligation to complete transactions between Boardies is universal and without qualification.

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:52 PM, bababooey said:

The problem lies in the above statement.  Since there is no question about price negotiation his only reason for telling you about the other seller was to let you know that the other seller was buying "them" as in, "all of them" you only wanted one of them - you can't separate the statements from a single post.
If you can explain to me why this seller bothered to tell you about the other interested party other than to try and adjust the scope of your offer to have you buy them all OR to tell you that you were in line behind the first buyer then I'd probably support whatever it is you want to do but overall I'd see this as a communication breakdown.  

I agree there is an obligation on both parties to be clear and maybe there was a communication breakdown, but the seller must have known that the buyer's intention was only to have 1 rather than all of them and if the seller really meant by "I'd be willing to sell them if you want them" that he was only willing to sell at that time all of them, if that is what the seller intended to say, why did he not react to the buyer's immediate "Yes I'll take it" with a request for clarification? If the seller thought he was making it clear it was for all of them and not one of them, wouldn't he ask the buyer if his "Yes, I'll take it" meant "yes I'll take all of them"? I think it was reasonable for the buyer to understand "I'd be willing to sell them if you want them" in the context of selling them for $25 each and assuming it was understood he was asking to buy one. I would not rule out the seller simply being careless with language, and certainly that could be the case, not taking the negotiation and the importance of clarity seriously enough. Its a tough one.

Have a bit of an issue with a seller here and I am wondering how to go about  next steps. This is the first time EVER that I have felt a need to take action and warn others of poor business practices. If someone could please be so kind as to PM, I do not want to put the individual and I's business out here just yet but want to take the proper steps in order to avoid other members falling prey. Thanks in advance all. 

15 hours ago, MDR123 said:

Have a bit of an issue with a seller here and I am wondering how to go about  next steps. This is the first time EVER that I have felt a need to take action and warn others of poor business practices. If someone could please be so kind as to PM, I do not want to put the individual and I's business out here just yet but want to take the proper steps in order to avoid other members falling prey. Thanks in advance all. 

If you haven't already looked, the guidelines are listed here -  https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/221929-hall-of-shame-amp-probation-list-rules/