• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,432 posts in this topic

Hi OtherEric.

You should have a look at the Inducks website, which has masses of credit info.

Off the top of my head, there are a few later stories written but not drawn by Barks in the Gladstone Uncle Scrooge series of the 1980s and 90s. "Go slowly sands of time" is one, and "Horsing about with history" is another. Inducks will give you the issue number for both.

HTH

A quick question for the Duck experts here: One of my projects for the year is going to be working on my collection of the Barks Uncle Scrooge issues. I'm not trying to get all the Barks Scrooge appearances, just the Scrooge feature, if that makes sense. With that said, does anybody know off the top of their head where Barks worked on the Uncle Scrooge feature outside of Uncle Scrooge 1-71? I have Uncle Scrooge Goes to Disneyland and Disneyland Birthday Party, but are there any others I should be on the look out for?

Scrooge appears in some of the DD FCs. He's featured in 178 and 367 and probably at least makes cameos in others (although I guess you are passing on those). He's also in some of the Barks DD 10-pagers in WDC&S. You may want to work through the GCD listings to see whether his appearances in any of those are extensive enough to hit your criterion of being featured.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll poke around inducks; those two stories written by Barks would definitely be on my want list. In the interest of keeping my project limited, none of the Donald Duck stories would count on their own... I'm not sure I'm being clear on what I mean by Scrooge is the feature, as distinct from Scrooge being featured.

The FC 178 would definitely not count by that criteria; but since I already happen to have a copy it gets included. :-) One of the very earliest "big" comics I ever owned, and in my mind horribly underrated.

Hi again OE. I get what you mean by "Uncle Scrooge feature". I'm at home now, and I dug out my Gladstones. The stories I mentioned are in Uncle Scrooge #216 (Sands of time) and Horsing Around with History is in Uncle Scrooge Adventures #33. Both should be easy enough to find.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll poke around inducks; those two stories written by Barks would definitely be on my want list. In the interest of keeping my project limited, none of the Donald Duck stories would count on their own... I'm not sure I'm being clear on what I mean by Scrooge is the feature, as distinct from Scrooge being featured.

The FC 178 would definitely not count by that criteria; but since I already happen to have a copy it gets included. :-) One of the very earliest "big" comics I ever owned, and in my mind horribly underrated.

How about FC 189 ("The Old Castle's Secret")? Scrooge is at least a co-star in that one.

There were lots of ducks in the Heritage weekly that finished last night. here's a couple I got for pretty good (for me) prices. There were other ducks I didn't have, but the added postage and import duty cost thresholds kept me away from those. :(

Still, the tortoise continues to edge forwards...

WDCS_042_zpsij0tszey.jpg

WDCS_043_zpsszydoxyh.jpg

There were lots of ducks in the Heritage weekly that finished last night. here's a couple I got for pretty good (for me) prices. There were other ducks I didn't have, but the added postage and import duty cost thresholds kept me away from those. :(

Still, the tortoise continues to edge forwards...

WDCS_042_zpsij0tszey.jpg

WDCS_043_zpsszydoxyh.jpg

Nice Andrew, you're crossing them off the list. Sure was 'Duck season' last night on HA :D

Nice Andrew, you're crossing them off the list. Sure was 'Duck season' last night on HA :D

Be vewwy vewwy quiet. I'm hunting ducks... ;)

Cheers Corey. :hi:

I'm hoping Frank picked some up too.

What? People still collect Disney ducks? I thought ducks were dead...that's what everyone says... (shrug)

But, I never get tired of posting this... :acclaim:

16370429389_ffa06c6404_c.jpg

Ducks always sell. But even the best performers in yesterday's Heritage auction went for 75% of guide.

When you do get tired of your beautiful #95, you now know who to PM... great book! :applause:

Well, I will be sure to do that...but that is one of only two books I never plan to sell...the other is:

Superman 24

Contact 12

Eagle 2

Fantastic 5

Killers 1

Wartime Romances 17

Action 52

Detective 164

Batman 59

...oh, wait...that's more than two...oh nevermind... lol

Be vewwy vewwy quiet. I'm hunting ducks... ;)

Cheers Corey. :hi:

Great pickups Andrew. I was kind of shocked at the prices so I stayed away. I got such good deals last month that I was shocked to see bids at three times my pre-Christmas duck fest. The two you picked up are on my list and #42 was the first early WDCS book I ever owned but it was a horrible flea market brittle copy and I finally got rid of it because I couldn't stand looking at it anymore.

I had e-mailed Rich and said that someone spilled the beans on the Heritage duck fest. I should have known I couldn't pick these up at $40-60. for long!!

Great pickups Andrew. I was kind of shocked at the prices so I stayed away. I got such good deals last month that I was shocked to see bids at three times my pre-Christmas duck fest. The two you picked up are on my list and #42 was the first early WDCS book I ever owned but it was a horrible flea market brittle copy and I finally got rid of it because I couldn't stand looking at it anymore.

I had e-mailed Rich and said that someone spilled the beans on the Heritage duck fest. I should have known I couldn't pick these up at $40-60. for long!!

Hang in there Frank. None of these are rare books, and they turn up frequently enough that you get variations in both directions. The two I got the other day were both 72% of guide for the stated grade. My average over the 1-100 run is just under 50%. That's not surprising - when I had more gaps to fill I'd just lowball a number of lots and pick up the one or two that just happened to have ended lower.

Hang in there Frank. None of these are rare books, and they turn up frequently enough that you get variations in both directions. The two I got the other day were both 72% of guide for the stated grade. My average over the 1-100 run is just under 50%. That's not surprising - when I had more gaps to fill I'd just lowball a number of lots and pick up the one or two that just happened to have ended lower.

So what's not to like about duck collecting? Great books and stories at fractions of guide!