• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Nothing has been announced yet.

He recently twitted something about the Big 2 and how that is no longer the mountain top of the industry, that creators can get paid more at publishers like Image. Maybe a little insight to his thought process.

I'm hoping for a Skottie Young route for Ottley... Covers for the big 2 and doing his own passion project(s). Also hopping for a team up with Mark Millar.

Any of you cats notice how solid the colors were over the whole arc?

I held off on reading Cory's arc til it was done. Had never read new Invincible like that, waiting sucked, but, seemed like everyone was doing that anyways with the delays.

Trying to be positive going into the end of the series. I expect a lot of bloody deaths (hooray, Ottley) and for there to be not a soul left alive once it's done. That way, I won't have to spend any time ever wondering what happens after.

:sorry:

I'm still unhappy with the decision not to hand it off to some other creators with ideas to see what they could do. I haven't read an issue since the announcement, but I'll probably catch up once it's all wrapped.

I'm still not over it. I'd settle for a quarterly release...just keep it going.

I completely understand Ryan specifically wanting to flex his muscles on something else. You don't really see creative team runs of this length anymore. But... yeah, I would have rather seen it continue on too. But this is creator owned comics, it's their right to do it this way, even if I disagree.

One of my favorite titles out right now. Not sure why it never caught on with fans? Kirkman's name alone should bring thousands of fans. I was hesitant to jump on because of the art. I've grown to love it over the years.

Even though it hasn't had a really strong arc (in my opinion) for a few years now, it's still very good.

I love Ottley's art, not so much a fan of Walker.

As to why it never become a breakout hit... I honestly don't know :shrug: It isn't a book that you can easily pick up a random issue and continue on from there. It really is invested in it's continuity and that isn't something you see a whole lot of these days.

Perhaps, thanks to so many of the Image superhero titles being so god awful over the years, the natural inclination is to stay away from Image cape titles, but then again... this book has run for a long time, so you have to figure people would have taken a look by now. Maybe it just lacks that special 'something' for mass appeal.

One thing that hasn't helped matters is the supporting cast. In nearly 150 issues there are only a handful of truly memorable characters outside of the title character, and in my opinion, there are very, very few that are interesting that aren't Viltrumites... and many may dismiss those as they might consider that aspect of the book a Dragonball knockoff.