• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is an 80's story that you'd like to see told?

25 posts in this topic

Not sure if this belongs here. However, I was rereading Miller's The Dark Knight Returns the other day. It made me want to read a 4 or 5 issue mini-series in which the fall of the Justice League and other heroes is explained. I'd like to know what happened to cause Superman to rip Oliver Queen's arm off.

Do you have any stories that you'd like to read based upon books in the Copper age of comics?

I think Miracle Man could be done as a Netflix / HBO series. Get into the back history of plain vanilla and then roll into the crazyness of modern superhero.

Camelot 3000 as a DC cartoon movie would work.

X-men Brood would be fun but would never happen.

X-men vs Teen Titans w Phoenix and Darkseid would be pretty killer. Too many characters but when did that ever stop anyone.

Spidey Vs The Sin Eater (Spec Spiday 107?-110?).

Or Spidey Vs Kraven and Vermin, as told through all 3 titles for 2 months in the 80's.

Of course with Daredevil, I am praying they do the Typhoid Mary original run, where he meets her, falls in love with her, and then she stomps on his heart. Too good not to see on TV!

Jay

Batman The Cult would've been a great movie for Nolan had he continued after DK Rises

Daredevil Born Again on Netflix if they hadn't killed off Ben Urich in Season 1.

I know it's Bronze Age, but I would have loved to see how Steve Gerber would have ended the Omega The Unknown story instead of the clusterf***k that was in Defenders

This is a great question.

I would love to see a story that actually goes back and tells the story of what happened on Cybertron before the Ark.....and not just in brief flashback style.

I'm no expert on post-Marvel Transformers comics, but hasn't this been done?

I could really get into the X-Men/Alpha Flight/New Mutants/Loki story ark.Still one of my all time favorite stories.

Thor Frog,something not too serious would be a great change of pace from Marvel.

How about Longshot?

Any Teen Titans would be really cool.

As someone mentioned, Kraven's Last Hunt is one that they should turn into a film, but as evidenced by Batman vs. Superman, dark undertones don't necessarily do well in the theater for Superhero films.

Secret Wars would allow them to unite all the characters - would be fun to see the original Contest of Champions adapted.

The Deathlok Lives storyline from Cap #286-288 could be interesting, except the incarnations of Deathlok that they've introduced in Agents of Shield isn't that interesting and might now confuse people.

Original Vision & Scarlet Witch mini-series could make for an interesting spin-off or be a sub-plot of an Avengers movie.

I may be wrong, but I think the OP's question has been misinterpreted.

He isn't asking what story would make a good movie. He is asking what story has never been told in comics that you would like to see.

Like, we know in the Dark Knight Returns that the Super Heroes are gone and Ollie's arm is off. The story of how that happened has never been told.

I mentioned I would love the story of Cybertron pre ark to be told completely (someone said that has been done post Marvel...which I wouldn't know about. Haven't read much from the past decade or so but it hadn't been done last I knew)

Another good example I would like to see is the story of some of the other places on Battleworld from the first Secret Wars....like, the Beyonder uprooted a section of Denver and transported it there. I would love to see what the heck happened there.

The Weird #1-4

The Weird is a fictional DC Comics character created by Jim Starlin and Bernie Wrightson.

A being of pure energy from an alternate dimension, The Weird was a member of a race known as the Zarolatts. For years, his people had been exploited as energy sources by a cruel race known as the Macrolatts. However, for some unknown reason, The Weird did not share the docile acceptance of the rest of his race. When the Macrolatts sought to bridge the dimensional gap and attack other realms, The Weird knew he had to act. Escaping through a portal to another world, The Weird found himself on the planet Earth.

Seeking a corporeal form to contain his energy, he possessed the body of a dead man named Walter Langley. This produced a composite form which contained both The Weird's memories and traces of Langley's.

4519603-weird+%231+final.jpg4485690-the+weird+%232.jpg

4485692-the+weird+%233.jpg4485693-the+weird+%234.jpg

GI Joe - Silent Interlude make it the solo Snake Eyes movie and combine it with elements of Issues 21, 26, 27, 96-98 of the Marvel run.

Gilgamesh II #1-4

An alien child arrives on Earth, alone, to grow up to become the most powerful being on the face of the planet...all the time believing he was unique. And then he discovers he's not alone after all. Thus begins the story of GILGAMESH II, a modern re-telling of one of the oldest and greatest stories of the heroic tradition, giving birth to a truly modern super-hero.

28912-4186-32106-1-gilgamesh-ii.jpg28925-4186-32120-1-gilgamesh-ii.jpg

28927-4186-32122-1-gilgamesh-ii.jpg28928-4186-32123-1-gilgamesh-ii.jpg

Skreemer #1-6

Six issue mini-series from British writer/artist team of Peter Milligan, Brett Ewins and Steve Dillon in their first major published work for DC Comics.

The era of Veto Skreemer will be a lot like today...only scarier. In the days after the fall of Western civilization a new order will rise, one dominated by the ruthless 'Presidents' of mob-style gangsters. Set in the devastated world of the near future, SKREEMER is the story of chaos and violence...a world where history has begun to repeat itself...a world where only the strong have any hope for survival. Veto Skreemer is such a man. He has a remarkable gift...and a terrible curse. Veto Skreemer was born on the very day that civilization died. SKREEMER is a hard-edged, fast-paced series that is at times realistic, at times over the edge of surrealism.

28103-4211-31187-1-skreemer.jpg28202-4211-31299-1-skreemer.jpg28298-4211-31408-1-skreemer.jpg28395-4211-31515-1-skreemer.jpg28487-4211-31625-1-skreemer.jpg28579-4211-31732-1-skreemer.jpg