• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Is the Venom 3 signed worth it at $175?
I think so. I know it's all relative to opinion, but I think the cover looks great personally. From a value/collectible perspective I think it's a good buy also. I tried tracking one down before it hit the 'bay with the markups to no avail.

I think so. I know it's all relative to opinion, but I think the cover looks great personally. From a value/collectible perspective I think it's a good buy also. I tried tracking one down before it hit the 'bay with the markups to no avail.

Venom #3 1:100 J Scott Campbell SIGNED WITH COA LIMITED Variant pre sale

:roflmao:

I so hope this person doesn't get one.

Venom #3 1:100 J Scott Campbell SIGNED WITH COA LIMITED Variant pre sale

:roflmao:

I so hope this person doesn't get one.

Same... and if he does, that he never sells it.

Another person_too_unaware_of_social_graces is pre-selling the signed book.

These flippers are ridiculous

It's one thing to buy and sell something at a higher price. It's another to sell something at an inflated price that isn't even available to purchase yet.

Question:

I purchased the Gamora JSC Exclusive from the JSC Store Online.

They shipped it fast, kudos to their fulfillment system!

However, the books came not damaged per se, but not in 9.8 worthy condition with obvious indentations on the spine, enough to say it's probably a 9.2 - 9.6 candidate.

I eliminate the postal delivery and packaging as the culprits since the box is nice and sturdy, a very high quality comic book mailer.

So, I'm of course assuming it was either the nature of the beast, and the print run was subject to flawed production of the books with dings, or possibly the handling on the fulfillment side where maybe it was bent in the process of the handling and packaging (which I sort of doubt since it's their business to cater to nit-picky condition queens).

My question is...

Is that just the way the cookie crumbles and how the dice rolls?

Or, is it a reasonably inquiry to the JSC store for some sort of replacement or partial refund or some compensation?

I do realize not every book is going to be a 9.8, otherwise the 9.8 wouldn't be so coveted, but I also hear so many good things about how the JSC store delivers top quality condition books, and my 1st order here came in shy of those expectations.

Question:

However, the books came not damaged per se, but not in 9.8 worthy condition with obvious indentations on the spine, enough to say it's probably a 9.2 - 9.6 candidate.

I eliminate the postal delivery and packaging as the culprits since the box is nice and sturdy, a very high quality comic book mailer.

So, I'm of course assuming it was either the nature of the beast, and the print run was subject to flawed production of the books with dings, or possibly the handling on the fulfillment side where maybe it was bent in the process of the handling and packaging (which I sort of doubt since it's their business to cater to nit-picky condition queens).

My question is...

Or, is it a reasonably inquiry to the JSC store for some sort of replacement or partial refund or some compensation?

I do realize not every book is going to be a 9.8, otherwise the 9.8 wouldn't be so coveted, but I also hear so many good things about how the JSC store delivers top quality condition books, and my 1st order here came in shy of those expectations.

were your expectations not met because of expectations the company gave you based on its advertising? or just based on word of mouth? Because if they advertised 9.8's, I think you should contact them. But if they're just advertising NM or NM+, then maybe just not buy from them anymore if you don't think they can consistently give you what you need.

sorry i didn't see the original link or ad

There's no guarantees for 9.8 or 9.6. If the book(s) arrived less then NM condition, say a fold or a tear.. then I would contact for a replacement. But spine stress, color rub, or any other defect is luck of the game. If 9.8's were so easy to come by then there wouldn't be any demand.

JSC's people are very good when it comes to taking care of their customers, but my advice would be not to contact them in this case.. 9.2 or higher is acceptable.

Best option is join a 9.8 grading club or order a few copies and hope one is 9.8 worthy.

Question:

My question is...

I've ordered many, many times and always got my books in great condition. However, I must also say that I've never graded any of my books (but I do identify when there are folds, spine indentations or other minor details with the books).

For this Gamora cover I've heard that there are some complaints in how the books are being shipped now, so maybe you can also complain directly to their site.

I still have not received my copies, but will let you know how it goes. As I'm outside the US, maybe it'll take a month or so. =/

Question:

My question is...

I've ordered many, many times and always got my books in great condition. However, I must also say that I've never graded any of my books (but I do identify when there are folds, spine indentations or other minor details with the books).

For this Gamora cover I've heard that there are some complaints in how the books are being shipped now, so maybe you can also complain directly to their site.

I still have not received my copies, but will let you know how it goes. As I'm outside the US, maybe it'll take a month or so. =/

I got my Gamora's last week with the same results. I concur, that it was not a shipping problem. The books were packaged nicely and the box was not damaged. I don't think they guarantee 9.8 . IMO, it's just the way it is. The books were similar to an LCS comic that was on the rack for a few hours. Just light handling flaws.

There's no guarantees for 9.8 or 9.6. If the book(s) arrived less then NM condition, say a fold or a tear.. then I would contact for a replacement. But spine stress, color rub, or any other defect is luck of the game. If 9.8's were so easy to come by then there wouldn't be any demand.

JSC's people are very good when it comes to taking care of their customers, but my advice would be not to contact them in this case.. 9.2 or higher is acceptable.

Best option is join a 9.8 grading club or order a few copies and hope one is 9.8 worthy.

+1

Is it just me or did JSC increase their price for the signed venom 3 from $175 (pre the delay) to $200. Maybe they want a slice of the pie from the pre-sellers?

Damn! He did increase the price to $200. But now there is an option, not for collectors obviously, described as variant with "some imperfections" for $100.

Too bad he's increasing the price to an already very expensive cover.