• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The X-23 Thread
2 2

321 posts in this topic

Facts don't really matter on the speculation train, because, as always... "it could be..." :shrug:

This will likely go unnoticed but welcome to the right answer. ;)

It seems there is a lot of 9.8 of nyx3 so once the movie is here I assume a couple hundred dollar price drop should happen. With Harley Quinn most books were wreck D by kids so higher grades would be harder to find. Even then, I see a butt load of 9.8 of that comic as well

It seems there is a lot of 9.8 of nyx3 so once the movie is here I assume a couple hundred dollar price drop should happen. With Harley Quinn most books were wreck D by kids so higher grades would be harder to find. Even then, I see a butt load of 9.8 of that comic as well

I'd say so. But with Harley, it might be a while before that drops off, if it ever does. Because despite the amount of 9.8s out there of BA12, let's be honest, I don't think Harley would be as big as she is now had it not been for Margot Robbie (shrug)

Twice as many NYX 9.8's. However, if they do a solo movie, boom.

My guess is they would just make a Wolverine movie. I mean... why dilute the Wolverine brand among the non-comic public?

Pure speculation all around of course.

You mean Laura Kinney Wolverine?

My guess is they would just make a Wolverine movie. I mean... why dilute the Wolverine brand among the non-comic public?

I mean this Logan Wolverine character, that my comic book illiterate mother knows.

She recognizes Professor X, Wolverine, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Spider-man.

I expect a Laura Kinney movie around the same time we get a Batgirl stand alone.

I mean this Logan Wolverine character, that my comic book illiterate mother knows.

She recognizes Professor X, Wolverine, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Spider-man.

I expect a Laura Kinney movie around the same time we get a Batgirl stand alone.

Makes sense.

But Logan is Hugh Jackman's last Wolverine movie........

That doesn't change the fact that the character is now recognizable outside of comics. Jackman is certainly the look people think of when they think of the character, but people are very familiar with different actors taking over these type of roles...

James Bond

Batman

Superman

Spider-man

... now Wolverine.

That doesn't change the fact that the character is now recognizable outside of comics. Jackman is certainly the look people think of when they think of the character, but people are very familiar with different actors taking over these type of roles...

James Bond

Batman

Superman

Spider-man

... now Wolverine.

X-23 is not Wolverine (Logan) clone yes, has her own story yes but not the same. 2c

James Bond

Batman

Superman

Spider-man

... now Wolverine.

X-23 is not Wolverine (Logan) clone yes, has her own story yes but not the same. 2c

Well, I never really said anything about that - I have my opinion on that, but it isn't relevant to what I'm trying to say.

I'm saying she is too similar in many ways, there's no reason to do it... unless they want to make a cheaper, drama type of movie that doesn't cost bank, and I'd personally be interested in seeing that... they don't all have to be giant action blockbusters.

But to make a big budget superhero movie... I don't see it for the reasons stated. It makes no real sense. Far less risky to carefully replace Jackman and debut the new guy in some team movie so that he doesn't have to carry the load. Or maybe, assuming Deadpool 2 does well, he'll show up in Deadpool 3 so they can make a joke about the continuity / timeline of characters again.

No reason to take a film risk on a (sorry) niche character that can't even sustain her own comic book.

Because Hugh Jackman is done playing the character. The only option for Wolverine going forward is to re-cast the Logan/Wolverine character, or move onto the Laura Kinney Wolverine

No reason to take a film risk on a (sorry) niche character that can't even sustain her own comic book.

Out of all the "replacement" characters (or as Marvel is trying to convince us, "legacy" characters), she's the only one whose book is really holding its own & not basically propped up by corporate mandate & the Marvel diversity police. And it's one of the VERY few that's accepted by new and old readers alike.

Out of all the "replacement" characters (or as Marvel is trying to convince us, "legacy" characters), she's the only one whose book is really holding its own & not basically propped up by corporate mandate & the Marvel diversity police. And it's one of the VERY few that's accepted by new and old readers alike.

Time will tell, I wouldn't be upset to be wrong. I'd be very surprised though - people can say what they like about the character and her uniqueness, but she's literally a clone of Wolverine. Literally.