• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Valiant Universe movies announced by Sony... Bloodshot first in 2017

202 posts in this topic

Man, I just don't know about this stuff. Looks pretty low budget to me at this point. I hope it comes together.

Now they around going to ruin movies,

Translation need please I.

HA! :signfunny: You crack me up...

Whoever came up with the idea for Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe is not approaching this correctly. Trying to cram a ton of stuff and characters with low budget looking results. Would have been better off doing a movie focused on one character or negotiating with Netflix to get something done. A bad intro to non-Valiant fans is more likely to send momentum in the wrong direction. Do it right or don't do it at all.

do they still expect a movie to come out this year?

oh man do I love me a good write down. Nothing gets my blood going like impairment of goodwill. I still remember the first time I read about Time Warner's impairment following the wild overvaluation of AOL. Goosebumps.

So what I'm reading is that I don't have to finish my X-0 Manowar cosplay for a few years.

oh man do I love me a good write down. Nothing gets my blood going like impairment of goodwill. I still remember the first time I read about Time Warner's impairment following the wild overvaluation of AOL. Goosebumps.

So what I'm reading is that I don't have to finish my X-0 Manowar cosplay for a few years.

Sony's CFO cosplay would be scarier

Interesting three-page article summarizing the history and direction of Valiant Comics.

FORBES.COM: Valiant Is Building The Next Cross-Media Superhero Universe, One Story At A Time

AAA-1.jpg?width=960

Like just about every comic publisher of the 21st century, Valiant is parading its licensable IP to suitors ranging from game makers to fashion designers to purveyors of glassware, and pursuing avenues to bring its content to screens of every size and shape. Valiant is approaching movies with the same strategic deliberation as their publishing efforts. Four feature film projects have been announced:

• Bloodshot, based on the company’s creepy techno-enhanced mercenary, directed by Dave Wilson from a -script by Eric Heisserer and Jeff Wadlow, currently in pre-production with casting announcements forthcoming soon.
  • Harbinger, a team of psionically enhanced teens, directed by Justin Tipping from a -script by Heisserer. The plan is for this to follow and tie-in with Bloodshot, eventually leading to a “Harbinger Wars” crossover event and a Faith solo film.
  • Archer and Armstrong, a fantasy action-adventure buddy-team, directed by Ruben Fleischer from a -script by Terry Rossio; a joint production of Valiant and the Sean Daniel Company.
  • Shadowman, supernatural New Orelans-based horror/suspense, directed by Reginald Hudlin, -script by Adam Simon and J. Michael Straczynski; a joint production of Valiant and the Sean Daniel company.

Valiant is also developing a TV show based on Quantum and Woody, executive produced in collaboration with the Russo Brothers, with a pilot from the Ant-Man team of Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari. A Faith solo film is in early development at Sony. Other projects featuring X-O Manowar, Eternal Warrior, Secret Weapons and Dr. Mirage are in early stages, according to the company.

That’s a lot of activity, but Gavin Cuneo insists that Valiant is taking it one step at a time, focusing on making each movie a successful standalone project. “It’s all about making good films. If we make good films, people will come.”

I will be happily surprised if any of these hit the big screen via Sony. As a fan I would love to see X-O or Bloodshot on TV or a feature film, but there is still a long way to making that a reality.

11 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

What happened to Ninjak?  I thought that was going to be one of the first movies.  I think I saw the trailer???(shrug)

You're thinking of the Super Powers Beat Down series, which is still in the works.

:foryou:

Also, I'd have more faith in these projects if more Valiant books were able to crack the list of top comics sold each month.

For January-May, Valiant has had precisely two issues rank in the top 150 comics sold each month. In January-February, zero issues reached even the top 200.

If we stuck to the top 100 list that Diamond used to print in the back of Previews, there's exactly one book that would have made the list in the last five months combined.

On 7/15/2017 at 8:59 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Also, I'd have more faith in these projects if more Valiant books were able to crack the list of top comics sold each month.

For January-May, Valiant has had precisely two issues rank in the top 150 comics sold each month. In January-February, zero issues reached even the top 200.

If we stuck to the top 100 list that Diamond used to print in the back of Previews, there's exactly one book that would have made the list in the last five months combined.

I don't expect the Ninjak wesbseries to bring many non-comic readers to Valiant, but I think it will raise awareness amongst comic readers that aren't currently reading Valiant. They're putting out a lot of quality reads. Sooner or later people looking for that will take notice. Considering the low numbers, Valiant is ripe for speculation. There's risk, sure, but the numbers suggest a high potential payoff.