• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

I will say 90 000$ to 100 000$.

But it may break the 100 000$ barrier that is a very nice looking 7.5!!

Wow, that would be a strong price, but unlikely

That is just my guess don't look to much into it....the book will sell for what it sells for.

I've studied the 7.0-7.5 market; kicked the tires on the major auction houses to see what current buyers are offering and such, i can say confidently this 7.5 probably won't hit $100k. I hope i'm wrong though.

some people pay hundreds of millions of dollars for paintings without any worries so a few million for top key books in to grade why not.

Normally there are only 1 of those paintings.

They are also reasonably educated in what they want to buy and do some research.

Most people who have a lot of money don't have millions in cash laying around. The wealth is stored in things, so coming up with a Mill often means liquidating something else.

Millionaires don't go around dropping $1MIL dollar bills frivolously. Even billionaires don't.

Actually Roy many do in fact.

Hence why they become broke again.

some people pay hundreds of millions of dollars for paintings without any worries so a few million for top key books in to grade why not.

They are also reasonably educated in what they want to buy and do some research.

Most people who have a lot of money don't have millions in cash laying around. The wealth is stored in things, so coming up with a Mill often means liquidating something else.

Millionaires don't go around dropping $1MIL dollar bills frivolously. Even billionaires don't.

screen-shot-2012-10-03-at-9-42-12-am.png

This 30 for 30 episode is must see if you want to find out how easy it is to blow through a cool 100 million :insane:

Ask Mike Tyson and his $100000.00 a month pigeon budget doh!

This 30 for 30 episode is must see if you want to find out how easy it is to blow through a cool 100 million :insane:

Ask Mike Tyson and his $100000.00 a month pigeon budget doh!

I read something that suggested Tyson made upwards of 750 million over his career, but he was never certain how much of that Don King and others were able to hide from him, never to be seen.

I will say 90 000$ to 100 000$.

But it may break the 100 000$ barrier that is a very nice looking 7.5!!

Wow, that would be a strong price, but unlikely

That is just my guess don't look to much into it....the book will sell for what it sells for.

I've studied the 7.0-7.5 market; kicked the tires on the major auction houses to see what current buyers are offering and such, i can say confidently this 7.5 probably won't hit $100k. I hope i'm wrong though.

I believe the highest price sold for a 7.5 was on Pedigree for 82.5K. I think this copy should fetch around that amount at least, since it presents well.

Just curious, but are these new CGC encased high grade AF15s completely "New" graded or re-holdered? Seems like they are coming out of the woodwork these days. I'm sure those "in the know" will know the scoop.

Gee, it looks like they are just crawling out from every corner of the woodwork now......must be a spider nest around somewhere. lol

Besides the reholdered CGC 9.2 copy that CL just sold the previous week and the regraded CGC 8.5 copy that HA will come in their upcoming auction, we now have the 9.0 copy from CL, plus another CGC 9.0 copy in CC's upcoming Event Auction:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=701480

Definitely not a rare book at all as there are at least a dozen copies coming up in the major auctions just on HA, CC, and CL alone, never mind the other smaller auction sites. hm

Gee, it looks like they are just crawling out from every corner of the woodwork now......must be a spider nest around somewhere. lol

Besides the reholdered CGC 9.2 copy that CL just sold the previous week and the regraded CGC 8.5 copy that HA will come in their upcoming auction, we now have the 9.0 copy from CL, plus another CGC 9.0 copy in CC's upcoming Event Auction:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=701480

Definitely not a rare book at all as there are at least a dozen copies coming up in the major auctions just on HA, CC, and CL alone, never mind the other smaller auction sites. hm

It could be similar to the effect Carl Icahn dropping a stock has within the investment community. He drops a stock and many follow. Obviously a much different context but when there are only a total of 20 people holding blue labels of 9.0 and above, a sudden sale of a 9.2 may spook some or possibly give others confidence to go ahead and cash in.