• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misc BA/SA: HG minor keys; FF lot; signed UXM 141 -- CLOSING TODAY, 1/29
1 1

35 posts in this topic

Uncanny X-Men #141: Signed on the splash page in the early 1980s by Chris Claremont, John Byrne, and Terry Austin (see pic below). There are two VERY tiny pencil marks in the price diamond on the front cover ("N M" -- an authentic, optimistic late '70s grade!).

I have NO doubt whatsoever that all three of these signatures are authentic, and were acquired at the same time by the original owner -- please PM me if you would like more information on their provenance.

VF++

(NOTE: this is somewhat aggressively priced, I'm sure, but I'm not really in a huge hurry to sell it. Trade offers are welcome…)

$130 + shipping.

SQtl4uA.jpg

mX3fWdE.jpg

8L3RuyO.jpg

Great book! I've got the #140 from the same collection out of Dallas, with the same grade notation in the number box and similar autos on the splash. I bought mine from the OO's father, and got some backstory on the collection. The autos are definitely legit.

Uncanny X-Men #141: Signed on the splash page in the early 1980s by Chris Claremont, John Byrne, and Terry Austin (see pic below). There are two VERY tiny pencil marks in the price diamond on the front cover ("N M" -- an authentic, optimistic late '70s grade!).

I have NO doubt whatsoever that all three of these signatures are authentic, and were acquired at the same time by the original owner -- please PM me if you would like more information on their provenance.

VF++

(NOTE: this is somewhat aggressively priced, I'm sure, but I'm not really in a huge hurry to sell it. Trade offers are welcome…)

$130 + shipping.

Great book! I've got the #140 from the same collection out of Dallas, with the same grade notation in the number box and similar autos on the splash. I bought mine from the OO's father, and got some backstory on the collection. The autos are definitely legit.

(worship)(thumbs u Thanks!

These really are great books -- a snapshot of a bygone age in fandom which I'm afraid is very much gone for good...

Bronze Age DC Reading Lot: Includes 26 comics in a wide variety of genres. Complete list is below.

Most of these are in the VG range -- some nicer, some less so. All 100% complete and readable!

GI Combat 206, 207, 208 (all DC Dollar Comics)

Girls' Love Stories 157

Secrets of Haunted House 9 (Ditko)

Secrets of Sinister House 18

Secrets of the Legion of Super-Heroes 1

The Shadow 5, 6 (Kaluta)

Star Spangled War Stories 153

Strange Sports Stories 2

Superboy 194

Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes 242, 247, 249, 251, 252, 253, 254, 256, 257

Superman Family 193, 200, 208 (all DC Dollar Comics)

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 154

Unexpected 195 (DC Dollar Comic)

:news:...I'll also include an additional 10-15 DC readers (same era; similar mix of titles and grades) at no extra charge!

$30 shipped and insured.

DC-reader-lot_zpsxfmqd5nd.jpg

I'll take this lot.

Bronze Age DC Reading Lot: Includes 26 comics in a wide variety of genres. Complete list is below.

Most of these are in the VG range -- some nicer, some less so. All 100% complete and readable!

GI Combat 206, 207, 208 (all DC Dollar Comics)

Girls' Love Stories 157

Secrets of Haunted House 9 (Ditko)

Secrets of Sinister House 18

Secrets of the Legion of Super-Heroes 1

The Shadow 5, 6 (Kaluta)

Star Spangled War Stories 153

Strange Sports Stories 2

Superboy 194

Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes 242, 247, 249, 251, 252, 253, 254, 256, 257

Superman Family 193, 200, 208 (all DC Dollar Comics)

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 154

Unexpected 195 (DC Dollar Comic)

:news:...I'll also include an additional 10-15 DC readers (same era; similar mix of titles and grades) at no extra charge!

$30 shipped and insured.

I'll take this lot.

All yours, thanks!

UPDATE - 1/24: I'll be adding one more new listing today, and then marking down some of the remaining items. (NOTE: The signed X-Men #141 is still available at the original asking price.)

Please also see here for some SA/BA related trades and hardcovers I'm offering in the Mixed forum:

Marvel Masterworks & Mixed Trades lot

Defenders #10: Hulk vs. Thor -- a classic chapter of the Avengers-Defenders war! Is it any wonder that those of us who were kids when this came out became life-long Marvelites?!?

Minor defects not visible in the scans are:

• a very small amount of ncb wear to the upper lhc of the front cover and along the spine;

• a small, faint scuff (production crease?), which also doesn't show in the scans, between the "F" and the second "E" in the black portion of the DEFENDERS logo on the front cover, and also at the corresponding location on the back cover (which is why it leads me to believe that it's production related).

This is a very nice copy.

NM-

NOTE: The price below also includes a FREE lower-grade reading copy!

$90 shipped and insured in the US.

SOLD!!! via PM...

k2XzIzJ.jpg

gH3zgfA.jpg

NEW PRICE REDUCTIONS:

SA Fantastic Four Lot: Ten absolute classics from the peak of the mid/late-'60s Kirby-Lee run, all in the VG - VG+ range, with a few closer to Fine or so -- all nice and solid, no rags, nothing missing, no hidden issues.

Some day, a talented young maverick filmmaker will finally manage a fun, rollicking, old-school FF film--cosmic soap-opera high adventure!--and the Kirby-plotted run from 44-up will be its Urtext, once and for all time restoring this Olympian-level series to the prominence it so richly deserves!

Includes: 58, 61, 63, 68, 69, 77, 78, 81, 85, 86.

$85

$75

NOW...$65 shipped and insured for the lot of 10 books.

SOLD!!!

click on the thumbnail images below to see full-size scans...

th_FF58_zpsriwxqyrz.jpg th_FF61_zpssvd6fr0y.jpg th_FF63_zps3jrape9q.jpg th_FF68_zpsrkh4gpdf.jpg th_FF69_zpseajw8bm1.jpg

th_FF77_zps659rreut.jpg th_FF78_zpshmcb44m6.jpg th_FF81_zpshz7sb0te.jpg th_FF85_zpsk1pr2ae5.jpg th_FF86_zpsvzxjo6xk.jpg

Uncanny X-Men #137: CGC 9.4w (cracked out, with label).

$50

NOW...$40 + shipping.

gOJRoLg.jpg

PvxNAvn.jpg

sX9Lho4.jpg

Detective Comics #437: First "modern" Manhunter by Archie Goodwin and Walt Simonson -- very much an early/mid-'70s high point in storytelling for DC in particular, and for the industry in general. Not a super easy book to find in nice shape these days, either.

This copy is very…I dunno…"fresh", I guess. It's so glossy that it wanted to slide across my scanner!

A few spine ticks, some ncb wear, and a production crease on the back cover are about the worst of it. A very, very nice copy for the assigned grade -- you won't be disappointed.

VF++

$70

NOW...$60 + shipping.

w9g86Vt.jpg

uInaAdx.jpg

Quick update before my job forces me to disappear for the next two days:

• New books will be added over the weekend.

• I plan to wrap everything up and send invoices out early next week.

-Mike

Unfortunately, that's a wrap for this thread -- there was just too much going on over the past few weeks for me to keep up, and I'm afraid I overestimated my "free" time on the weekends. Very sorry!

Please see the update post on page 3 for a list of remaining items. Very much open to offers!

Invoices will go out later this evening.

Thanks! -Mikey