• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
49 49

10,288 posts in this topic

The green and gold book (Iron Fist costume colors) the folded logo and the fact she knew and cared enough to know my favorite character. She is awesome

Oh, I know. Once I finally saw the iron fist dragon (apparently I was just looking too closely & not taking in the image as a whole at first), all of it clicked for me. That's why I thought I was missing something. I didn't realize that the folds made the dragon logo at first. It was like one of those hidden picture things for me apparently. I totally missed it.

Now that I SEE it, I love it & totally get it. Awesome.

Oh derp... I just saw what art that folded page shows... it's the Iron Fist dragon logo. I'm a maroon... don't mind me. Now I get it. I thought it was just a cool design at first... sorry guys. I'm apparently lacking caffeine or something.

[font:Book Antiqua]Fantastic..!

I don't see it until you explain it...[/font]

I used to have trouble finding room for my stuff. Then we moved to a bigger place and then the kids moved out. Woo hoo, not more room, but more rooms.

This is my main toy room. Comic figs on the right, Simpsons on the left, and misc all around. The Simpsons figure wall setup is a custom by me...like a poster display.

p><p> Oldest son

20170127_150846_resized_zpstqyzrefj.jpg

Comic room - youngest son's ex-room. Life sized Spidey from Blockbuster!

20170127_151000_resized_zps35qmo010.jpg

20170127_150916_resized_zpsgsy1h9tf.jpg

On the music stand is a portfolio of original Star Trek prelim art for plates, bookcovers, etc.

20170127_150943_resized_zpsiujdk194.jpg

I used to have trouble finding room for my stuff. Then we moved to a bigger place and then the kids moved out. Woo hoo, not more room, but more rooms.

This is my main toy room. Comic figs on the right, Simpsons on the left, and misc all around. The Simpsons figure wall setup is a custom by me...like a poster display.

p><p> Oldest son

On the music stand is a portfolio of original Star Trek prelim art for plates, bookcovers, etc.

LOVE all the Trek goodies! Awesome setup in all rooms too...I didn't know anyone was still rocking the CRT TVs anymore!

p><p> Oldest son

:o(worship)

That is an amazing set up. Love the life size Spidey! And all the art too.

Thanks. It was the only Spidey I know of that still had its fingers. They were displayed around the time that the first Tobey Maguire Spiderman movie hit the video store. They were raffled off after and a friend won it and we made a deal.

Life-size statues always give me the creeps. I must have watched too many Twilight Zone episodes as a kid, but I would imagine myself being awakened in the dark of night by the sound of the bedroom door slowly creaking open, only to see the silhouette of the spider-mannequin standing in the doorway...

Other than that, fantastic room!

That's a KILLER setup. And I love the art on the angled wall. How are they anchored onto the cage to keep them flat?

Still... that's like how my house is slowly becoming. One nerd room has bled out into nerd decor all over the first floor too, on top of the art in the stairwell & basement.

One of the stores in a local mall had a life size Deadpool that I had to seriously force myself keep my wallet in my pocket when I saw it.

That's a KILLER setup. And I love the art on the angled wall. How are they anchored onto the cage to keep them flat?

One of the stores in a local mall had a life size Deadpool that I had to seriously force myself keep my wallet in my pocket when I saw it.

On the back of the frames, I have screwed in a small plastic wire/cable retainer. It clips over the "bar" of the gridwall section. I had tried several ways of attaching to the angled ceiling but this has worked out the best...but the gridwall is not cheap. I have found some deals on it, and I think it adds to the look.

Did you see the figures at the FYE store? I saw a Batman and a Deadpool there. They were of a foam-ish construction and about $1000(?) I think. Very detailed.