• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,747 posts in this topic

I picked these Aquaman pages up recently and I just got my order back from being framed. They will be placed in a low lit room with no direct sunlight. The Aquaman pages are from the New 52, book # 2, pages 1,2,3,4 and 5. It all starts with the Trench (I really like these characters) and I thought it would be cool to have them together. The other piece is with Ocean Master and the splash is from Justice League 15, page 22. All art is by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado inks. :cloud9: I know it's difficult to really see them well, while still wrapped in plastic, so I included them in a pic before dropping everything off for framing. (thumbs u

168hket.jpg

w171i1.jpg

nyhf6q.jpg

Edited by Timeless icons

Anyone reading Marvel comics in the 80s can appreciate Brent Anderson's special talents, especially his work on Ka-Zar, X-Men and the graphic novel "God Loves, Man Kills".

Here is his classic Ka-Zar #15 cover with Shanna the She Devil. Um, how does her bikini top stay on?

Ka-Zar 15

I use to own a Reis JLA cover with the Ocean Master on it. I still have my Reis Spectre/Blackest Night DPS, it still is one of my favorite pieces. He is a top artist for sure.

His work is amazing. I bought the Aquaman 7 (first "the Others") cover too. He also did a Doc Strange for me (per request). They had a deal going at the time.. if you spend xxxx then Ivan would do a bust of a character for you. Since then, he no longer has time to do that anymore. His workload has picked up quite a bit since then. lol

Do you have that cover posted anywhere? I'd love to see it if you do

Edited by Timeless icons

Thanks Ciorac and Primetime! I had a choice of other pages from the same story but this one page told the whole story. Girl needs job, girl gets rejected because of no job experience and dance hall is her next stop.

I haven't bought any art in quite a few years but as a EC collector when I came across this piece I decided to add it to my collection. I have other examples of EC art, Jack Davis, Johnny Craig, Graham Ingels and Al Feldstein and now Jack Kamen. Page five of Second Childhood, from Weird Fantasy issue 16(4) 1950. Pretty happy with it will have it up on my wall in my comic room this week.

Please excuse the bad Pic.

167635.jpg.6f38c9435a22aa3399d5288a51e01412.jpg

I haven't bought any art in quite a few years but as a EC collector when I came across this piece I decided to add it to my collection. I have other examples of EC art, Jack Davis, Johnny Craig, Graham Ingels and Al Feldstein and now Jack Kamen. Page five of Second Childhood, from Weird Fantasy issue 16(4) 1950. Pretty happy with it will have it up on my wall in my comic room this week.

Please excuse the bad Pic.

That's a great page-I love how Kamen's inks really pop on the page. Congrats!

This isn't really "new", but I've never posted it before... partially because it's framed and that always makes things a little more difficult, but mostly because I'm lazy!

I'm posting it now because I stumbled across this scan sent to me by Lukas after he finished my commission and prior to mailing it out. The image is the main character from he and Brandon Seifert's Witch Doctor comic, I'm really happy with the piece, it usually hangs in my office.

cCpnsUz.jpg

w171i1.jpg

Kickass framing job!

Thanks (thumbs u I'm happy with the way it came out. I'm going to have them add calligraphy on the bottom, stating the book volume, book number and pages 1,2,3,4,5 with Art by Ivan Reis and Inks by Joe Prado on the bottom I think. Then again, maybe I'll just leave it alone. I'm not sure which way I want to go yet. hm

This isn't really "new", but I've never posted it before... partially because it's framed and that always makes things a little more difficult, but mostly because I'm lazy!

I'm posting it now because I stumbled across this scan sent to me by Lukas after he finished my commission and prior to mailing it out. The image is the main character from he and Brandon Seifert's Witch Doctor comic, I'm really happy with the piece, it usually hangs in my office.

cCpnsUz.jpg

Looks great. (thumbs u

This is actually the first time I've posted it anywhere and I haven't shown Joe or Ivan but that's not a bad idea. I'll have to look online and see if there's a direct point of contact anywhere for them rather than going through the studio that handles their work. Almost all of my OA is from that team. Then again, I only have 9 pieces in total. lol

Of course, you're welcome to show him too. (thumbs u

Edited by Timeless icons

Finally got a chance to post some new acquisitions to CAF, including covers by Kaluta and Perez and some fun art from the 1991 Marvel Illustrated Swimsuit mag (typing that out makes it sound even weirder than it is). Here's a link if you're interested:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerynew.asp?GCat=1498