• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NBC's Powerless

41 posts in this topic

NBC's DC Universe Comedy Series POWERLESS Gets A Premiere Date

hUSL5vs.png

The DC Films Universe may be light on the jokes, but next February, DC's television side is going to bring the funny with Powerless, an all-new comedy series on NBC.

Earlier today, the network announced that the Vanessa Hudgens-led series will make its long-awaited premiere on Thursday, February 2 at 8:30 p.m. ET.

if the groundhog sees its shadow, this will last 6 episodes before cancellation

Watching it now. Though a slow start, hopefully the characters all come together.

Anyone catch Emily's dad at the beginning is Jimmy Olsen from the Christopher Reeve Superman movies - with much less hair? That was a nice surprise.

Will 'Powerless' be renewed for another season?

powerless-nbc-225974.jpg

While the switch in premises opened up more storyline opportunities, it somewhat stunted the momentum that Powerless built up before it aired. Now that fans have seen what the show is, mixed to lethargic reactions seem to be the result.

If a DC show is going to kick the bucket, it's going to be Powerless, which is a shame since the original premise had such potential.

In a world where humanity must cope with the collateral damage of Super Heroes and Super-Villains, Emily Locke (Vanessa Hudgens) begins her first day as Director of Research & Development for Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises that specializes in products that make defenseless bystanders feel a little safer. Full of confidence and big ideas, Emily quickly learns that her expectations far exceed those of her new boss (Alan Tudyk) and office-mates, so it will be up to her to lead the team toward their full potential and the realization that you don’t need superpowers to be a hero.

On 1/8/2016 at 6:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

NBC Gives Pilot Order to DC Comics Powerless

After what they did with Constantine, I have a hard time trusting NBC with any new comic book adaption. Though this sounds to be something that will be made fresh with existing characters.

You called this one. After what they did to Constantine I would never trust NBC with a comic book series.

It's officially cancelled now. And, with three un-aired episodes. Including one with Adam West.

NBC'S POWERLESS Officially Cancelled

NBC has cancelled DC Entertainment's Powerless following one season, according to Deadline. In April, the network pulled the show from its schedule with three episodes left to air; it is unknown if those finally episodes will be eventually released through other avenues.

The last episode of Powerless that aired back on April 20 was watched by 2.03 million U.S. viewers.

44 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't think it was NBC... I think the show was just bad.   

This time, I have to agree. I fought through every episode to find the humor. It was there. But sparingly.

And as cute as Vanessa Hudgens is (ever since Journey 2 she was making her way up), that can only carry a show so far.

14 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

This time, I have to agree. I fought through every episode to find the humor. It was there. But sparingly.

And as cute as Vanessa Hudgens is (ever since Journey 2 she was making her way up), that can only carry a show so far.

14 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I also have to agree it was just too much to sit through each episode, has for Vanessa Hudgens (I'll say since Sucker Punch).