• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

No MM cover of course, just a story. This one was one of the toughest for me to find in decent shape for the MM issues (a nice 88 still eludes me)

Great books! I'm a big fan of Marie, and 88 is tough in grade. It is my favorite of the run too:

image.jpg

Anybody have a copy of Sgt Rock Archives Vol 3 that they want to unload at a reasonable price? This is the pricey one when it shows up on ebay and amazon. Recent ebay results have it going close to the retail price or higher.

Nevermind. Found a copy that i can live with.

Edited by Jeffro™

I want to be the comic book beneficiary in Mick's will :cloud9:

I'm gonna outlive ALL you war comics wackos!!! :preach:

...considering that you haven't aged in 25 years, I'm wondering if you might have discovered some dark ancient secret in the pages of some old comic book...... hm GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I want to be the comic book beneficiary in Mick's will :cloud9:

I'm gonna outlive ALL you war comics wackos!!! :preach:

...considering that you haven't aged in 25 years, I'm wondering if you might have discovered some dark ancient secret in the pages of some old comic book...... hm GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The back pain of putting on a pair of pants in the morning or every time I get out of a chair and the increasing loss of hair on the back of my head tells a different story. . .it's all a facade that's just gonna crumble the second I stop wearing t-shirts with Sgt. Rock. Luckily I have a surplus on them that oughtta last me at least through to retirement! :idea:

And red wine vinegar on pizza and everything else might be a factor as well.

Edited by Comick1

Waaaaaaaay back in the day I had a beater copy of this that I bought from Mark Wilson.  Looking back I'm curious if it was monkeyed with, but I'll never know.  I let it go somewhere in the sands of time and figured I was priced out of owning another copy.  Then I went to Terry's show and lo and behold, look what I came home with :)  The ultimate DC war key and a stunner of a copy at that.  I'm on cloud 9.  

OAAW 83.jpg

On 2/10/2017 at 5:01 PM, buttock said:

Waaaaaaaay back in the day I had a beater copy of this that I bought from Mark Wilson.  Looking back I'm curious if it was monkeyed with, but I'll never know.  I let it go somewhere in the sands of time and figured I was priced out of owning another copy.  Then I went to Terry's show and lo and behold, look what I came home with :)  The ultimate DC war key and a stunner of a copy at that.  I'm on cloud 9.  

OAAW 83.jpg

Now that's a beauty!  That looks so much better than a 6.5 even.  Congrats!  I had a 7.5 once, but sadly let it go many years ago.  I was finally able to replace it with a lowly 3.5.  Glad to have it, but your 6.5 copy is a real winner.

On February 10, 2017 at 5:01 PM, buttock said:

OAAW 83.jpg

Right on, brother! :headbang: 

On 2/12/2017 at 9:00 PM, CrocHntr said:

Now that's a beauty!  That looks so much better than a 6.5 even.  Congrats!  I had a 7.5 once, but sadly let it go many years ago.  I was finally able to replace it with a lowly 3.5.  Glad to have it, but your 6.5 copy is a real winner.

Fantastic copy of one of the top 20 SA keys! Congrats! I'm still trying to get these new boards right.

Edited by bronze johnny

Dan has a LOT of sweet books......really........ but this one is a serious keeper. Bravo, Brother ! GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

...good thing Dan wasn't tied up with the Wifey that weekend....

On 2/10/2017 at 5:01 PM, buttock said:

OAAW 83.jpg

Great looking 6.5!  :applause: