• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Tick Appreciation Thread
7 7

2,264 posts in this topic

Costume Designs for Amazon's The Tick

Professional costume illustrator Christian Cordella has updated his website with designs he created (along with Costume Designer Colleen Atwood) for Amazon's live-action reboot of The Tick. This collection includes superhero costume illustrations for the title character, Arthur, Superian, as well as two unnamed male teen and female members of The Flag Five — the superhero team that unintentionally killed Arthur's father with their aircraft after The Terror blinded them.

XYAjEL9.jpg

I'm still on the fence on the recent costumes. I think there's room for growth. Production artists might want to go to Stan Lee's Comikaze Comic Con because I think modern day cosplay enthusiasts have really raised the bar, utilizing heated molded rubber mats from Harbor Freight for example,

IT'S A TICK GIVEAWAY! A Genuine Autographed By Ben Edlund SDCC (San Diego Comic Con Exclusive) Comic Book! Rare No Serial No. Variant, Plus a Bonus Mini Tick PVC Action Figure on Card.

2556wpk.jpg

RULES: Pick a number between 1 to 100. Open to ANYONE who appreciates The Tick. Just Quick Quote and write any number that pops in your head and the person who guesses closest to a pre-determined number will receive the item as described above to be delivered post free to wherever you wish. Good luck Tick fans and Spoooooonnnnn!!!!

WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON FEBRUARY 1, 2017.

I've commissioned Fun Stuff Customs in Houston, Texas to build me a Barry Hubris Custom Action Figure. Thanks Randy for taking this project on!

f3t98p.jpg

262l5hd.jpg

This is going to be wildly wicked kewl!

:o

That is so incredibly awesome Vic! I can't wait to see the finished product!

THE TICK CLASSIC 1998 WALL CLOCK SPINNING INTO SPACE AND THIS ONE WERE MADE BY CHANEY INSTRUMENT COMPANY IN LAKE GENEVA, WISCONSIN, USA. THIS 8-1/2" QUARTZ CLOCK IS ENCASED IN A DURABLE POLYSTYRENE RED CASE WITH CLEAR LENS. THE AMERICAN-MADE MOVEMENTS USE ONE "AA" BATTERY WHICH ORIGINALLY CAME INCLUDED. DURABLE HANDS INCLUDE SWEEP SECOND HAND, WHATEVER THAT MEANS, SINCE THE SECOND HAND ON THIS ONE TICKS AROUND THE CLOCK. COMES IN A SPECIAL CORRUGATED BOX THAT HAS LONG BEEN GONE AND RECYCLED INTO MILK CARTONS MANY MANY MOOOOONS AGO! THIS MULTI-COLOR TICK GRAPHICS OCCUPY THE FULL DISPLAY, INCLUDING TISH-ISH NUMERALS. THEY PLANNED ON HAVING A TICK WALL CLOCK IN EVERY OFFICE AT THE GIANT NEC PRESS CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS (ALL TWO OF THEM!). ONE WAS THE ONE THAT SAID "THERE IS ALWAYS TIME FOR JUSTICE!"...AND THEN THERE IS THE OTHER ONE...WITH THE TICK FLOATING IN OUTER SPACE!

opxxq8.jpg

Edited by vsndesigns

THE TICK LOCAL COMIC SHOP DAY NUMBER 1 2016

THE TICK LOCAL COMIC SHOP DAY NUMBER 1 AUTOGRAPHED BY BRENDAN LEE (WRITER) AND ALEX HARRIS (ART) FOR THE STORY, "FEELS LIKE THE FIRST LYME" 2016 LOCAL COMIC SHOP DAY CELEBRATES THE TICK WITH ALL NEW STORIES AND IN COLOR! COVER BOASTS A SELFIE WITH THE TICK AND ARTHUR...AND NINJAS! VERY SECRET IDENTITY WRITTEN BY JEFF MCCLELLAND AND ART BY DUANE REDHEAD PAGES 1-3 INKS BY JEFF MCCOMSEY. FEELS LIKE THE FIRST LYME WRITTEN BY BRENDAN LEE AND ART BY ALEX HARRIS. THE TICK: LOCAL COMIC SHOP DAY 2016 $4.99 UPC 6894660679960001 PUBLISHED BY NEW ENGLAND COMICS PRESS (NECP), A DIVISION OF NEW ENGLAND COMICS, INC. CONCEPT BY BEN EDLUND, PUBLISHER/EDITOR BY GEORGE SUAREZ, ART DIRECTOR BY BOB POLIO, AND ASST. EDITOR: RALPH BLASER. #LCSD

5zk07c.jpg

YEA! I GOT MY CGC THE TICK SLAB BACK WITH A 9.8 WOOHOO! I'M A HAPPY CAMPER!