• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,712 posts in this topic

Strange Tales 178 in low grade is reasonable but high grade has taken off.

Someone is asking $550 for a 9.4 copy on ebay. :roflmao:

There's 2 9.4's with a $325 BIN on there now, though I'm not crazy about the wrap job on either of them. I don't wanna see any white on the spine for such a classic cover like that. Same goes for Captain Marvel #29

Lets see now, why? hm Because someone else is selling a 9.4 for $205, and there are a few other cheaper ones too, as for it being tough, there are 111 copies on ebay now, the only reason it is "heating up" is because it is the first appearance of some second rate character that is rumoured to appear in a future Marvel film, apparently that is all it takes now for a book that you wouldn't wipe your rear with last year to heat up. :insane:

There's 2 9.4's with a $325 BIN on there now, though I'm not crazy about the wrap job on either of them. I don't wanna see any white on the spine for such a classic cover like that. Same goes for Captain Marvel #29

I agree with the classic cover, that is the only reason I would buy this book, but that will never happen at those prices.

I agree with the classic cover, that is the only reason I would buy this book, but that will never happen at those prices.

Which of course was a third-tier title (at best) when it came out . . . :whistle:

Lets see now, why? hm Because someone else is selling a 9.4 for $205, and there are a few other cheaper ones too, as for it being tough, there are 111 copies on ebay now, the only reason it is "heating up" is because it is the first appearance of some second rate character that is rumoured to appear in a future Marvel film, apparently that is all it takes now for a book that you wouldn't wipe your rear with last year to heat up. :insane:

Not only is that all it takes, it's apparently all that works for some of this stuff anymore.

I see better interest in the Kirby Fourth world stuff like Mister Miracle, Forever People, New Gods.. not just the "keys," just generally speaking. Those were dead titles for sooo long. Not talking big bucks, but healthy numbers for books that were dollar boxers for a long time.

Not on the point of sales, these are books I never read, but I collected them because I liked Kirby's chunky covers...so I'm looking at a few of them, but seriously, Drax is the name of Darkseid's brother?? Starlin really, you couldn't find a different name for Thanos's foil?

Never mind that there's 130 copies currently listed, the condition on the majority of them won't even get an 8 grade. As for slabbed copies, I would wager that the bulk of the 94.-9.8's are in permanent collections. It's a cult favorite run, pending movie appearance or not

NM-MT 9.8 = 17

NM+ 9.6 = 78

NM 9.4 = 79

I've been trying to grab both of these in the last few months to no avail as yet. Surely we'll see Wrecking Club in the Marvel Cinematic/TV universe soon. If you like Wrecking Crew, I'd recommend Iron Fist 12 too, Claremont & Byrne with Iron Fist and Cap team up!

Grap, and flip it quick cause absolute garbage doesnt sell high for long.

What DREK

The only reason these are cheap is because Overstreet never singled them out. Had they been labelled as first Wrecking Crew by Overstreet and Wizard in the 90's, key collectors would've hoarded them, and we'd be seeing prices where the Sabretooth appearances in Power Man are now.

Sabertooth and Power Man (Cage)? Um, I don't think so.

Did I quote this wrong? I don't think so, but sorry if I did. (shrug)

Never mind that there's 130 copies currently listed, the condition on the majority of them won't even get an 8 grade. As for slabbed copies, I would wager that the bulk of the 94.-9.8's are in permanent collections. It's a cult favorite run, pending movie appearance or not

NM-MT 9.8 = 17

NM+ 9.6 = 78

NM 9.4 = 79

Still don't think a 9.4 is a $500+ book; but we can agree to disagree.

I've been trying to grab both of these in the last few months to no avail as yet. Surely we'll see Wrecking Club in the Marvel Cinematic/TV universe soon. If you like Wrecking Crew, I'd recommend Iron Fist 12 too, Claremont & Byrne with Iron Fist and Cap team up!

What DREK

The only reason these are cheap is because Overstreet never singled them out. Had they been labelled as first Wrecking Crew by Overstreet and Wizard in the 90's, key collectors would've hoarded them, and we'd be seeing prices where the Sabretooth appearances in Power Man are now.

OP was saying that Wrecking Crew would be on the same level as Sabertooth and Power Man if Overstreet would have recognized it.

If / when Moon Knight gets going for media, I like this book for his villain.

that's an outlier sale, sure, but it gives hope (there was another high one, but it was for an alleged raw 9.8)

of course, now there are a ton of sellers trying to get $40-50 for these

Edited by the blob

What DREK

OP was saying that Wrecking Crew would be on the same level as Sabertooth and Power Man if Overstreet would have recognized it.

His 2d app is not bigly expensive, at least raw, and I don't think the third is,ar all, so it's not inconceivable. Don't think we are comparing it to iron fist 14.

Rogers time machine used to have a bunch of moon knight 1, rom 1, and omega man 3 in his dollar boxes. I bought my fill,but stopped, thinking "jeez, how many of these do I need???" Apparently I could have used a lot of them.

Rogers time machine used to have a bunch of moon knight 1, rom 1, and omega man 3 in his dollar boxes. I bought my fill,but stopped, thinking "jeez, how many of these do I need???" Apparently I could have used a lot of them.

There's a lesson to be learned there . . . or not. :grin: