• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help on value please?
2 2

28 posts in this topic

No idea on value, sorry. Probably could sell on ebay for 10 to 20 depending on condition.

For reference, the vintage Marvel calendars of 1975 to 1981 often sell for $10 in average used condition, 20 in very nice shape, although some are more popular. E.g. the Doc Strange 1980 calendar was selling at movie-inspired $40-50 in December, and the Spiderman 1978 calendar often garners double the price of most of the others.

This is cool for an era shot of what Marvel was emphasizing at the time (or what was selling), the horror titles were a growing part of marvel's lineup, and some sword & sorcery even made the cut, although Killraven and Dealthok seem to be absent, and Doom the only villain prominent enough when they made that poster (had his own title a while) and Inhumans are conspicuously absent. Imagine it today, with Avengers crowding out the FF who might not even appear on a 2016 poster (heh).

Like a primitive, early example of a 'word' cloud. Except Frankenstein was way too big for a guy who could only last 18 issues and a few cameos over the decade, and Savage was probably also mis-sized.

Pt3eoTM.png

No idea on value, sorry. Probably could sell on ebay for 10 to 20 depending on condition.

For reference, the vintage Marvel calendars of 1975 to 1981 often sell for $10 in average used condition, 20 in very nice shape, although some are more popular. E.g. the Doc Strange 1980 calendar was selling at movie-inspired $40-50 in December, and the Spiderman 1978 calendar often garners double the price of most of the others.

This is cool for an era shot of what Marvel was emphasizing at the time (or what was selling), the horror titles were a growing part of marvel's lineup, and some sword & sorcery even made the cut, although Killraven and Dealthok seem to be absent, and Doom the only villain prominent enough when they made that poster (had his own title a while) and Inhumans are conspicuously absent. Imagine it today, with Avengers crowding out the FF who might not even appear on a 2016 poster (heh).

Like a primitive, early example of a 'word' cloud. Except Frankenstein was way too big for a guy who could only last 18 issues and a few cameos over the decade, and Savage was probably also mis-sized.

Pt3eoTM.png

Very insightful and informative, thank you! You are right, many of those shown would not even come close to appearing on a poster today!

$10-20 is way low. New posters today go for that much. You're talking about something relatively rare and probably not too many around. Unless of course someone came across a bunch that weren't used. My guess would be a minimum of $50-100, but probably would go higher.

By the way, what are the dimensions of it? Is it small, like a magazine?

Edited by Philflound

$10-20 is way low. New posters today go for that much. You're talking about something relatively rare and probably not too many around. Unless of course someone came across a bunch that weren't used. My guess would be a minimum of $50-100, but probably would go higher.

I agree.

Actually, I don't have it in my possession yet. I believe it's bigger though. I ask because I'm thinking about making a deal on the whole convention packet from 1975; the poster, the Steranko FOOM poster, and the "Mighty Marvel" convention program.

You know I did a quick glance. I stand corrected. Then I'm guessing IF these are getting $100-200, the convention posters should command $500. Thing is you might need to find that one person. If you're selling it, I'd definitely would frame it and sell it that way. Maybe throw it in a Heritage auction to get the most publicity.

he has an ebay store too-I have no idea how he gets all this stuff but I did sell him my six fingered no-prize once

Wondering what the value on this poster is? I understand value is whatever someone wants to pay, but if anyone out there has an idea, that would be helpful. Thank you!

Not sure of value, but it's super cool. Should be framed.

Oh, it will, rest assured! Just gotta find room...