• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

All in all, I wish I watched my copy of "Morgan" instead. It stars the extremely talented Anya Taylor-Joy (The main force to reckoned with Thomasin in 2015's The Witch.) She's being considered for the role of Magick in The New Mutants, I don't know if Bosco covered that already, but she'll elevate anything she's in. I keep comparing her to the next Jennifer Lawrence.

All in all, I wish I watched my copy of "Morgan" instead. It stars the extremely talented Anya Taylor-Joy (The main force to reckoned with Thomasin in 2015's The Witch.) She's being considered for the role of Magick in The New Mutants, I don't know if Bosco covered that already, but she'll elevate anything she's in. I keep comparing her to the next Jennifer Lawrence.

It came up in August as part of an IGN interview.

Anya Taylor-Joy Weighs In On Possibly Playing Magik In NEW MUTANTS Movie

Finally finished watching yesterday. We had stopped just right before the bar scene, so had about 35-40min to go.

The last 40 didn't do anything to change my mind. It was a pretty bad movie. I can see how lots of people would like it though.

The post-credit scene with Bruce Wayne was really the only good thing about that last 40 minutes.

I don't see myself watching this one again.

SUICIDE SQUAD Director Regrets Not Making Joker the Main Villain

On Saturday, an appreciative fan—who goes by the name PensFanboy on Twitter—reached out to David Ayer to tell the director he is thankful for Suicide Squad and thinks it's a "masterpiece." Not long after, a grateful Ayer posted a response.

"Thank you so much," a grateful Ayer wrote. "I know it's a controversial film, I really tried to make something different, with a look and a voice of its own."

"The movie was wildly successful commercially. And the World got introduced into some very cool characters in the DC Universe. And that success is due exactly to the wonder and power of DC, of its characters. Would I do a lot of things different? Yep, for sure."

"Wish I had a time machine. I'd make Joker the main villain and engineer a more grounded story. I have to take the good and bad and learn from it. I love making movies and I love DC. I'm a High School dropout and used to paint houses for a living. I'm lucky to have the job I have. I have to give the characters the stories and plots they deserve next time. Real talk. (And no, there isn't a secret edit of the film with a bunch of Joker scenes hidden in a slat mine somewhere.)"

It is a missed opportunity. Joker as a larger focus in a Suicide Squad movie worked for 'Batman: Assault On Arkham'. The proof was already available.

Even a fight between Joker and Deadshoot, and Batman against Harley.

Though it would be a challenge if the live movie copied the animated movie completely.

Suicide Squad over Deadpool for an Oscar nomination??

:o

The Academy Awards Noms Are In: Nothing For DEADPOOL, But SUICIDE SQUAD Is Now An Oscar Nominated Movie

After getting some attention from several other big awards bodies, we all felt Deadpool might be in with a slim chance of some Oscar love, but alas it wasn't to be. However, the likes of Doctor Strange and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story did pick up some technical nods, and Suicide Squad was nominated in the Best Hair and Makeup category.

The villainous superhero film is now an Oscar-nominated superhero film thanks to its inclusion in Makeup & Hairstyling.

Suicide Squad over Deadpool for an Oscar nomination??

:o

The Academy Awards Noms Are In: Nothing For DEADPOOL, But SUICIDE SQUAD Is Now An Oscar Nominated Movie

After getting some attention from several other big awards bodies, we all felt Deadpool might be in with a slim chance of some Oscar love, but alas it wasn't to be. However, the likes of Doctor Strange and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story did pick up some technical nods, and Suicide Squad was nominated in the Best Hair and Makeup category.

The villainous superhero film is now an Oscar-nominated superhero film thanks to its inclusion in Makeup & Hairstyling.

lol Margot Robbie in the role of Tallulah Bankhead on the set of Lifeboat? When informed that Ms. Bankhead didn't appear to be wearing any undergarments, Hitchcock replied: 'i don't know if i should call wardrobe, make-up or hairstyling.'

SUICIDE SQUAD Gets Ahead Of BATMAN V SUPERMAN and CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR In Blu-Ray/DVD Sales

According to reports, Suicide Squad has now surpassed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America: Civil War and Deadpool in terms of both Blu-Ray and DVD sales. The movie has now already sold 1.6 million Blu-Ray copies and 971,026 DVD copies, while Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has sold 1.5 million Blu-Ray copies and 619,096 DVD copies, and that has been out on home entertainment since last July. 

In terms of earnings, Suicide Squad has already made a whopping $49.6 million in Blu-Ray sales pulling in ahead of the $39.1 million made from Batman v Superman within the same timespan.

Meanwhile, Suicide Squad is also ahead of fellow comic book movies Captain America: Civil War and Deadpool in home media sales. In comparison, Captain America: Civil War made $46.4 million in Blu-Ray sales within the same time period and Deadpool made $46.8 million. Do keep in mind that all of these comparisons are only taking into account the first four weeks of home entertainment sales, so it looks like Suicide Squad will finish ahead of all of these comic book movies. 

- Suicide Squad home media revenue: $49.6MM

- Deadpool home media revenue: $46.8MM

- Captain America: Civil War home media revenue: $46.4MM

- Batman v Superman home media revenue: $39.1MM

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, piper said:

I couldn't get through the the first half hour of this movie.  I really tried...

you must've made only 15 mins. of civil war; see few posts above.

3 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

you must've made only 15 mins. of civil war; see few posts above.

I didn't think Civil War was great but it was watchable. I hope that Warner Bros. figures out the winning formula with Wonder Woman.

I'm normally a DC guy. Always was as a kid.

I made it through Civil War and SS. I thought CW was a fairly wooden patchwork of a story, but whatever.... it's popcorn fare.
I thought SS was a series of visual frames stitched together by rubbish and nonsensical "storytelling".

I certainly don't think Civil War was great. Maybe not even good. But as a DC fan that loves the characters, I thought they made a dung heap of SS. I cringed every time Leto was on the screen. I expressed early on in the thread that I was keeping an open mind and would definitely watch the movie when it hit cable. But there was no way I was risking extra money on a movie ticket. I was very concerned but hoped if I set my expectations really low, it might pleasantly surprise me and be fun. Especially with the way people went on and on about Harley's portrayal.

Unfortunately my already low expectations couldn't keep up with how stupid SS was.
I mean, I sat through "Frankenfish" on SciFi one late night long ago. And that move was also terrible. But at least it KNEW it was terrible and had genuine fun with that.

What kills me about SS, it that they had great characters, a good/decent cast, and god knows they had the budget. But nah.
I'd be fine if I had to sit through CW again. You couldn't pay me enough to sit through SS again. Seriously and without hyperbole. If I'd been smart, I'd have bailed when Straw-man did. I kept thinking, this is just the setup, there's going to be more that brings this all together.

Oh well. After BvS and this... makes it really hard to work up the courage to sit through WW. And that at least had a good looking trailer.
Feeling like a battered partner. Only so much I'm going to take before I just split.

On 4/26/2017 at 9:40 AM, piper said:

I couldn't get through the the first half hour of this movie.  I really tried...

You also thought Ant-Man was great.....my kids did not even finish it. :baiting:

11 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

you know you're in pretty good shape when people are left to indict your opinion by citing your favor with a movie with an 81% approval rating from the professionals.

and pizzing in the wind when you are trying to defend something w/ a 26% approval rating

disney/marvel has developed a wonderful formula that rates well. Personally I don't like it but it's perfected the art of pleasing audiences for decades. This should be no surprise.

7 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

you know you're in pretty good shape when people are left to indict your opinion by citing your favor with a movie with an 81% approval rating from the professionals.

Well said sir!