• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

Anyone see this 9.0 coming up on comic connect? What a great looking book

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=701480

Look, it's going to come up at some point, so why not say it now. I think the book looks fabulous and..... IMO, it does not looked pressed. What is the Hope collection ?

It will most likely sell between 250 000$ and 350 000$....I know this is a huge range in value but my guess it will at least hit 300 000$.

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

It will most likely sell between 250 000$ and 350 000$....I know this is a huge range in value but my guess it will at least hit 300 000$.

See, you are always/only about the Financials. BTW, I agree on 300K . HaHa.

hm

Yes I like the financial aspect of my hobby and I also love the books themselves.

I am in the middle of rescanning certain books. I never had a scanner when I first posted my copies so I figured that it was long past due. I scanned the front and back sides of the slab using an HP8300 that I am still figuring out how to best use. Each pair of scans has a slight background in regards to the acquisition of the book. Yes, I still have all three books. No, none of them are for sale.

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 1.8 Cream to Off White Pages

Date of Purchase: around Spring of 1998.

Purchased from: Vincent Zurzolo (there was no Metropolis back then)

Pressing Status: Never been Pressed

I picked this up on my lunch break while working at the mall. I took a trip out to the Rockville Centre Holiday Inn show with some cash and a credit card and bought this book there. I took it back to the mall where it say on a shelf in the stock room until the day ended. I was but a kid then and Vincent treated me with the same respect as a buyer as he would an adult whale buying Tec 27's. He treated me very well even before he realized I was serious about buying the AF15. If I recall correctly there were other copies in the room that day but none that were within my price range at the time and none belonging to dealers that thought I was serious about buying. Their loss as Vincent walked off with my money and I walked off with this copy.

AF15cgc18a.jpg

AF15cgc18b.jpg

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 3.5 Cream to Off White Pages

Date of Purchase: October, 2010

Purchased from: Rick and Adam at NYCC 2010

Pressing Status: Unknown

With cash in hand I was hell bent on getting a nicer copy of AF15. I wanted to keep both of them and had recently, and finally paid off my car and student loans. I had a few thousand left over to buy another copy. I honestly believe that this was the nicest copy on the floor that day in that grade range.

AF15cgc35a.jpg

AF15cgc35b.jpg

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 6.0 Off White to White Pages

Date of Purchase: around July of 2012.

Purchased from: Heritage Auctions

Part of the Big Apple Collection

I wanted another copy for some reason and I wanted a serious upgrade. When you join the CGC forum they ask you what your most desired collectible would be. I had listed an AF15 in a 5.0-6.0 as a realistic goal. From January through June I kept losing every auction for every copy offered between CLink, Metropolis, Heritage and Sparklecity on eBay. When I received the Heritage Catalog in the mail for the July 2012 auction, I figured I would bring this copy home. With a glass of Jameson and some cringing I took this book home.

I am thinking that three is enough as I have other things in 2017 to buy.

AF15cgc60a.jpg

AF15cgc60b.jpg

There you go... proper scans of my three copies.

Nice books and cool stories.

I am in the middle of rescanning certain books. I never had a scanner when I first posted my copies so I figured that it was long past due. I scanned the front and back sides of the slab using an HP8300 that I am still figuring out how to best use. Each pair of scans has a slight background in regards to the acquisition of the book. Yes, I still have all three books. No, none of them are for sale.

I picked this up on my lunch break while working at the mall. I took a trip out to the Rockville Centre Holiday Inn show with some cash and a credit card and bought this book there. I took it back to the mall where it say on a shelf in the stock room until the day ended. I was but a kid then and Vincent treated me with the same respect as a buyer as he would an adult whale buying Tec 27's. He treated me very well even before he realized I was serious about buying the AF15. If I recall correctly there were other copies in the room that day but none that were within my price range at the time and none belonging to dealers that thought I was serious about buying. Their loss as Vincent walked off with my money and I walked off with this copy.

AF15cgc18a.jpg

AF15cgc18b.jpg

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 3.5 Cream to Off White Pages

Date of Purchase: October, 2010

Purchased from: Rick and Adam at NYCC 2010

With cash in hand I was hell bent on getting a nicer copy of AF15. I wanted to keep both of them and had recently, and finally paid off my car and student loans. I had a few thousand left over to buy another copy. I honestly believe that this was the nicest copy on the floor that day in that grade range.

AF15cgc35a.jpg

AF15cgc35b.jpg

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 6.0 Off White to White Pages

Date of Purchase: around July of 2012.

Purchased from: Heritage Auctions

Part of the Big Apple Collection

I wanted another copy for some reason and I wanted a serious upgrade. When you join the CGC forum they ask you what your most desired collectible would be. I had listed an AF15 in a 5.0-6.0 as a realistic goal. From January through June I kept losing every auction for every copy offered between CLink, Metropolis, Heritage and Sparklecity on eBay. When I received the Heritage Catalog in the mail for the July 2012 auction, I figured I would bring this copy home. With a glass of Jameson and some cringing I took this book home.

I am thinking that three is enough as I have other things in 2017 to buy.

AF15cgc60a.jpg

AF15cgc60b.jpg

There you go... proper scans of my three copies.

Great books buzz. Bet the 1.8 is the most precious one to you. (thumbs u

Why, you are nothing but a hoarder and hogging all the books for yourself here. :baiting:

When will you post the 9.4 copy that you picked up last week or you will once you receive it in the mail? hmlol

Seriously though, congrats on your fantastic set and I think the 3.5 copy is really nice for the grade with just that 1 major defect on the back. (thumbs u:cloud9:

Fishler and Metro has been around ever since the 80's as far as I am aware of. It's probably just that Steve had not yet brought Vinnie into the fold by then. :gossip:

Thanks for all of the comments. Dave is right in that the 1.8 is the "cold dead hands book." I scrimped and saved for that and actually picked that up well before I completed my run. I do not mind saying what I paid for it since it is not, nor will ever be for sale unless I am long gone or about to be... I remember paying $900 for that book which even back then was a lot of money.

The 3.5 and the 6.0 were purchased shortly before each of the respective increases. When I was shopping for each of them I went for presentation over grade which is why the 3.5 pops for the grade.

I might start rescanning the ASM collection and upload proper scans into my registry.

No... no no no 9.4 for me. I would not even feel comfortable having something like that around.