• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Lois Lane Cover

54 posts in this topic

Overstreet and CGC list the first Lois Lane cover as Action Comics 29 and while I am not disagreeing the woman on the cover of Action Comics 27 looks almost identical to "Lois Lane" on the cover of Action 29.

Is this just a similarity or is it possible the first cover is Action 27?

So CGC has the label wrong and AC27 is the first cover appearance? How does CGC not correct this it seems fairly obvious?

because, it was decided when CGC opened it's doors many years ago, they would use Overstreet price guide notations, so really, it's Overstreet who has had it wrong these many years.

So CGC has the label wrong and AC27 is the first cover appearance? How does CGC not correct this it seems fairly obvious?

because, it was decided when CGC opened it's doors many years ago, they would use Overstreet price guide notations, so really, it's Overstreet who has had it wrong these many years.

I actually looked into getting the error corrected in Overstreet, over 10 years ago. . I believe they wanted photo color copies for proof. It seemed more work than it was worth.

I actually looked into getting the error corrected in Overstreet, over 10 years ago. . I believe they wanted photo color copies for proof. It seemed more work than it was worth.

If I had a copy of either book I would undertake to get this fixed! I feel like it is such an obvious error especially if the inside confirms that it is Lois on the cover of Action 27.

If I had a copy of either book I would undertake to get this fixed! I feel like it is such an obvious error especially if the inside confirms that it is Lois on the cover of Action 27.

At the time, I owned 3 Actions. #27, #28 and #29

Well I stand by my statement - if someone gets me colour photocopies/pictures of Action 27 proving it is Lois on the Front Cover (I would assume she is referenced on the interior of the book) then I will endeavor to get this travesty corrected (thumbs u

Edited by Chillax23

Well I stand by my statement - if someone gets me colour photocopies/pictures of Action 27 proving it is Lois on the Front Cover (I would assume she is referenced on the interior of the book) then I will endeavor to get this travesty corrected (thumbs u

It is 100% Lois Lane on the cover of Action #27. She is wearing the exact same styled dress & same color dress in the story. It is the 1st Lois Lane cover! (thumbs u

On 10/20/2018 at 11:15 AM, Timely said:

Or a D.C. Archive?

22 hours ago, N e r V said:

I will try with a digital copy - just not sure if overstreet needs original scans/photos (although I am not sure why they would)

19 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

I will try with a digital copy - just not sure if overstreet needs original scans/photos (although I am not sure why they would)

I think you could send an original, genuine copy of it and the odds of it being changed don't improve. I have always felt they have too much of a status quo mentality.  Here are some fun and interesting search results from the boards over the years.  You might have better luck calling them as some have done if you read through some of the threads.  Good luck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=overstreet+comic+book+price+guide+errors+site:www.cgccomics.com&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS818US818&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjPqbvZhZreAhUniFQKHV44AfQQrQIoBDAKegQICBAM&biw=1366&bih=626

Wanted to bump this up - I understand that Overstreet now lists Action 27 as the 1st Lois Lane Cover - assumign this is correct (I do nto have the new Overstreet) - how long will it be before CGC adjusts their label to reflect Action 27 as the first Lois cover?

I am trying to hunt down a low grade Action 27 (shameless plug if someone is selling a CGC 2.0 or so) - but wondering if I can send it in for a label upgrade.