• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The X-23 Thread
2 2

321 posts in this topic

You have to remember expectations are likely lower on this film, and it focuses on only 3 characters with basically modern day setting. The budget is reported at $127 mil, which for a modern superhero movie is relatively low. If this movie gets to $350 mil world wide they will be thrilled.

Edited by drotto

You have to remember expectations are likely lower on this film, and it focuses on only 3 characters with basically modern day setting. The budget is reported at $127 mil, which for a modern superhero movie is relatively low. If this movie gets to $350 mil world wide they will be thrilled.

350 would be a profit but I don't think they would be thrilled at all. If the movie cost 130 million to make, remember that the theaters (after everything is said in done) get roughly 40% of the box office (even more overseas - tho that might not be a big chuck because it's possible it gets no China release, ala Deadpool). So it would take over 200 million to break even before advertising.

Now, while we often talk about how cheap (relatively) Deadpool was to make, the advertising campaign if among the best ever. It would not be inconceivable for Wolverine to have close to $40-60 million in marketing.

While a $50ish million profit sounds really great in almost any other metric that would make it WORSE than the last Wolverine movie which probably cleared 100 million and was deemed a failure.

As an aside Antman cost the same amount to make (even after the huge delays) and made over $500 million.

I think it would be thought of as a significant disappointment if it made $350 million, and at the very least would be the end of rated R movies featuring triple A characters not called Deadpool.

I know you guys have probably already discussed this in this thread, but does anyone think that there's still a chance that Daken could make the cut for the Logan movie? Was anything revealed about that 'still' frame showing the clawed mutant going after Logan?

If I've missed the discussion on this I apologize...just hoping there's more to the villains//antagonists in this upcoming movie than we've been shown thus far.

I know you guys have probably already discussed this in this thread, but does anyone think that there's still a chance that Daken could make the cut for the Logan movie? Was anything revealed about that 'still' frame showing the clawed mutant going after Logan?

If I've missed the discussion on this I apologize...just hoping there's more to the villains//antagonists in this upcoming movie than we've been shown thus far.

I think it's possible. Not sure that does anything for the value of comics at that point.

Really? And I say that with a puzzled expression, not sarcasm. If the movie was actually following chronology and continuity then I would be less likely to wonder. Kimura first appears 3 years later in 2006 after X-23s 1st app. Old Man Logan came out in 2008, Donald Pierce in 1980 (dies in 2013), and the Reavers themselves in 1988.

Chronology and continuity span 4 decades from what we've seen so far in regards to where parts of the movie have come from in the comics. Taken from all over the place and different time li we. We don't know if Donald Pierce is the main villain or is a puppet yet since Mister Sinister has been confirmed not to be in the movie. You don't think as handler of X-23 she wouldn't have an appearance of some sort? Im not talking like plot-line major villain appearance, but as a sub plot. Like an appearance in general whether it be via cameo in a flash back or post credit scene sowing seeds for the future? You've piqued my interest here.

Edit- I forgot Death of Wolverine from 2014

Edited by BigNoidtheDroid

I hope the price of 9.8's drops a bit after the movie hits......that way I can finally grab one for a fair price. I love x23 as a character and should of grabbed a 9.8 years ago, but I missed that train. I just hope it cools off a bit so I can afford one finally.

I hope the price of 9.8's drops a bit after the movie hits......that way I can finally grab one for a fair price. I love x23 as a character and should of grabbed a 9.8 years ago, but I missed that train. I just hope it cools off a bit so I can afford one finally.

I'm in the same boat, and I've been saying the same about BA12 for years.

I'm in the same boat, and I've been saying the same about BA12 for years.

Hey, if that turd Suicide Squad didn't do it nothing will.