• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed -- thanks to everyone who purchased!

57 posts in this topic

:news: DC war and romance books all SOLD. Dells and Archies also all SOLD.

:news: This thread is reopened so I can wrap it up. I'll post the remaining DC Romance books I've got and then that will be it. Purchases in this thread can be combined with my other SA/BA sales thread. I've also got a Copper/Modern thread that can also be used for combined shipping. Hopefully none of this violates any rules, and if it does please let me know. :news:

I just picked up a new collection of about 300 books, about 30% of which were Gold and Silver Age. Condition isn't stellar on most of them, but if you like interesting stuff and don't mind lower grade but complete books then this will be the sale for you. I'll be listing about a short box of this material over maybe the next week or so as I have time.

I've personally page counted all of these, and will note any significant defects. I'll go into more detail when I can, but after a while will probably just provide grades and notes on any noteworthy defects.

Shipping will be extra, and you're welcome to start a pile to combine as much as you'd like. International shipping is fine, provided it is a trackable method and you are willing to pay the full cost to your door. Please don't ask me to misrepresent the shipment on customs forms.

Payment via Paypal, check, or MO is fine. International will be Paypal only.

Returns are always accepted. Please ask any questions you might have before you agree to buy. If it is a simple disagreement then return shipping is on you, but if I miss something material then it will be on me.

Back cover scans can be provided by request if I haven't already posted them.

Hopalong Cassidy #97 -- G/VG, asking $10 + shipping

Solid book with general wear. Cover still attached at both staples, but has loosened a bit. Centerfold tight at both staples. Light staining to back page that does not affect any stories. 1” spine split at lower spine.

HopalongCassidy97.jpg

HopalongCassidy97bc.jpg

Annie Oakley & Tagg #4 -- G, SOLD

First individually numbered issue (#1-3 are Four Color issues). Cover and centerfold are tight at both staples. Main issues are the moderate spine roll and the tape pull on the right edge of front cover and left edge of back cover, otherwise just general wear. Most interior pages have tears that do not affect the readability of the story.

AnnieOakley04.jpg

AnnieOakley04bc.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Six Gun Heroes #42 -- G, asking $4 + shipping

Cover and centerfold attached at both staples (cover is barely attached at lower staple). Slight spine roll, general wear centered at spine. Small piece off lower corner of front cover. Book looks a touch whiter in the scan than it does in hand.

SixGun42.jpg

Walt Disney Presents #5 -- VG, asking $10 + shipping

Light general wear. Cover and centerfold are tight at both staples. Staples are nice and shiny. Back cover is a bit soiled, probably a bit of foxing mixed in as well. Overall a solid copy.

WaltDisneyPresents05.jpg

White Eagle Indian Chief #27 -- Fr/G, asking $2 + shipping

Cover detached, but other than a ½” spine split at the bottom the front/back are holding together well at the spine. Centerfold is tight at both staples. General wear, some ballpoint pen scribbling on the back cover.

WhiteEagle.jpg

Lassie #21 -- Pr/Fr, asking a lowly $1 + shipping

The strikes against this book are heavy wear, moderate spine roll, and the obvious damage to the right side. On the plus side, the cover and centerfold are solidly attached at both staples, and the right side damage does not impact readability. Not the prettiest copy, but it is complete as far as the story goes.

Lassie21.jpg

Movie Classics: Merrill’s Marauders – G/G-, asking $2 + shipping

Cover detached but in one piece, centerfold attached at both staples. General wear, spine roll, some foxing to page edges.

Merrill.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Four Color #598 “Captain Davy Jones” – G, asking $3 + shipping

General wear with a bit of a fanned spine roll. Some minor chews to spine. Cover and centerfold are attached at both staples. Bottom staple has rusted (more internally than on the cover) with transfer staining to spine paper that does not affect art. Some foxing to bottom of pages, and paper has that lightly “dusty” feeling that older paper can get.

FC598.jpg

Four Color #657 “Ben Bowie and his Mountain Men” – G++, asking $5 + shipping

Solid and attractive lower grade copy. General wear centered on spine. Cover and centerfold are attached at both staples. Very minor stains and a bit of foxing to back cover. Nice pages.

FC657.jpg

Four Color #820 “The Oklahoman” – G, asking $5 + shipping

Solid low grade copy with general wear and no serious problems. Cover and centerfold are solid at both staples.

FC820.jpg

Four Color #879 “Brave Eagle” – Fr/G, asking $2 + shipping

Gook is complete, and cover and centerfold are attached at both staples, but cover is barely hanging on. Pretty heavy reading wear to spine. Some tears on internal pages, but nothing is missing. It’s a copy if you need one.

FC879.jpg

Four Color #973 “Sleeping Beauty and the Prince” – G, asking $9 + shipping

Solid lower grade copy. Cover and centerfold solid at both staples, and pages are nice. No spine roll. Some soiling to back cover, and a stain at the bottom of the back cover that does not affect any pages.

FC973.jpg

Four Color #1116 “Boots and Saddles” – Apparent G+, asking $3 + shipping

Apparent because the centerfold is out. But the cover is tight at both staples and the remaining pages are too. General wear, focused on spine. Foxing to back cover. Solid book if not for the missing CF.

FC1116.jpg

Four Color #1125 “Laramie” – G/G+, asking $5 + shipping SOLD

Cover and centerfold secure at both staples. General wear, small chip off right edge of front cover, slight spine roll, bit of foxing around front cover (visible in title).

FC1125.jpg

Four Color #1288 “Twilight Zone” (#2) – G, asking $20 + shipping

Stories with Hitler and Lincoln in the same book! Solid copy. General wear, particularly to spine, just a hint of a spine roll. Cover and centerfold are solid at both staples. Approximately 1” tear through “The” in title, and an interior page has a 1.5” tear at the top with nothing missing. Foxing to back cover. I don't mind if I end up keeping this one.

FC1288.jpg

Edited by mysterio

Space Man #3 -- G-/G, asking $5 + shipping

Missing that lower corner off the cover, and a couple of pages are likewise missing a bit of that corner, but no art is affected. Otherwise a solid and complete low grader.

SpaceMan03.jpg

SpaceMan03bc.jpg

Just a couple of oddball humor books in this bunch...

Adventures of Bob Hope #58 -- Fr, asking $4 + shipping

Rough, but it's all there and all attached. Not a common book.

BobHope58.jpg

Tip Topper Comics #8 -- Pr/Fr, asking $5 + shipping

See grading notes for the Bob Hope, with an added dash of spine roll.

TipTopper08.jpg

Combat #8 (7-9/63) -- VG-, asking $3 + shipping SOLD

General wear and light creasing.

Combat08.jpg

Got quite a bit of Charlton War in this collection:

Submarine Attack #38 -- VG, asking $2 + shipping

SubmarineAttack38.jpg

War Heroes #3 & 5 -- both VG, asking $5 + shipping for the pair

WarHeroes03.jpg

Edited by mysterio

D-Day #1 -- about Fine, asking $6 + shipping

Nice looking copy, but does have a bit of foxing.

D-Day01.jpg

D-Day01bc.jpg

Fightin' Army #49 & 51 -- G/G+, asking $4 + shipping for the pair

#51 has a 1" x 1" piece out of the upper back cover.

FightinArmy49.jpg

FightinArmy51.jpg

Battlefield Action #46-48 -- all about VG, asking $6 + shipping for trio

BattlefieldAction46.jpg

BattlefieldAction47.jpg

BattlefieldAction48.jpg

Fightin' Air Force #21, 35, 38 -- G, asking $3 + shipping for trio

#38 may be more like VG.

FightinAirForce21.jpg

FightinAirForce35.jpg

FightinAirForce38.jpg

US Air Force #26-27 VG and G, asking $2 + shipping for pair

#27 has a large piece out of back cover that does not affect any stories.

USAirForce26.jpg

USAirForce27.jpg

Jughead Annual #7 -- Fr/G, asking $8 + shipping

Some paper along the spine has split, but the book is solid. Doesn't look like any pieces are missing. Attractive enough lower grade copy that looks better in the bag/board than in the scan.

JugheadAnn07.jpg

JugheadAnn07bc.jpg

Archie's Madhouse #2 -- Fr/G-, asking $6 + shipping (half of OS Good)

Cover neatly detached, but book is all there, attached, and readable. Book was scanned in a mylar, which caused the red towards the bottom of these scans.

ArchiesMadhouse02.jpg

ArchiesMadhouse02bc.jpg

Life With Archie #10 -- G- or so, asking $5 + shipping

Similar story to the Madhouse above.

LifeArchie10.jpg

LifeArchie10bc.jpg

:news:Take all three of these Archie books for $16 + shipping!

All-American Men of War #96 -- G, asking $3 + shipping

Solid enough copy, but the spine is split below the lower staple and someone added a sliver of tape to hold it together. Priced well below OS Good as a result but still makes a fine reader or hole-filler.

AAMOW96.jpg

All-American Men of War #97 -- VGish, asking $9 + shipping

Main issue here is a 1" spine split at the top, otherwise the book is a run of the mill solid VG. Interior ad for Metal Men #1.

AAMOW97.jpg

Our Army at War #113 -- VG-, asking $12 + shipping

A few tears around lower staple but cover is holding there, centerfold attached at top staple.

OAAW113.jpg

Our Army at War #117 -- G, asking $9 + shipping

Solid book, everything is attached, just general wear.

OAAW117.jpg

Our Army at War #121 -- G--, asking $6 + shipping

Book has been well-loved, all main flaws visible in scan.

OAAW121.jpg

Our Army at War #123 -- Apparent VG, asking $3 + shipping, or FREE with purchase of two other war books/lots (must be claimed)

Solid enough book, but it is missing the centerfold (affects 2nd story).

OAAW123.jpg