• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

So...is the variant worth grabbing? (from a collector/investor standpoint)

My shop is actually giving the regular issue away for free on release day and the 1:200 & the 1:500 for $80

They're great looking covers, collectors will always want them and it appears that nobody was getting the pair for less than 75 or 80 bucks so you won't see a price undercutting and dumping. Possibly a little bit on the color one

I found the 3 set for $150 for the reg issue, then the 1:200 and 1:500. Is that the best price I'm going to find?

Order all 500 for retail of $125? get all the variants and a bunch of donations....

How to do that? lol

If anyone wants to buy 500 copies for me I have $125 + shipping ready, I'll get the variants + a dozen issues, you can keep the rest lol

Orders on this will be huge. Can you imagine any dealer NOT ordering $250 worth ?Super cheap and that would give them 7 variants on an order that size. This book is pushing itself into the top 10 each month without a 25 cent cover price. Any bets as to the final number ? My bet is placed at 500,000 plus.

https://comicsheatingup.net/2017/01/12/the-walking-dead-163-highest-ordered-comic-in-nearly-two-decades/

730,000 exceeded pre-orders you called it Authority. (thumbs u

Edited by natevegas

:foryou:

I'm giving these out to all of The Walking Dead TV show fans I know who haven't ever tried the books. Its ironic that I struggled to get into the show because I love the book but there are so many more people who love the show who've likely never tried the book. Hoping this is a good jumping on point. :wishluck:

WHOA!!!

While it brings back memories....not sure how I feel about it quite yet...would have preferred a Savage Dragon or Youngblood homage to Wildcats. 2c

The artwork is nice, though!

needs more pouches

WHOA!!!

While it brings back memories....not sure how I feel about it quite yet...would have preferred a Savage Dragon or Youngblood homage to Wildcats. 2c

Savage Dragon is God Country.

Youngblood is Invincible.

WHOA!!!

needs more pouches

Also more muscles, zany 90's descriptive terms like 'radical' or 'totally,' and the non-appearance of feet. Apparently feet were hard to draw once upon a time...

What are your thoughts on the staying power of Beta and/or Whisperers?

In the back matter they reference that it will become apparent soon why he was so bugged out about having his mask removed.

I could see him cutting bait on the Whisperers soon

In the back matter they reference that it will become apparent soon why he was so bugged out about having his mask removed.

I think it's time we discuss WHO is Beta and WHY it matters that he not show his face...

Here are my thoughts. He most likely is a character that we - the readers - should remember or know - otherwise, why would it matter that his face not be shown? Let's say he was disfigured or had a tattoo on his head (Harry Potter), who would care in that universe and why would it matter to us?

So my thought is, he must be a character from the past that has survived and gotten away otherwise who cares who he is or what he looks like, you know?

I thought it would be cool if it were Davidson (who I think RK confirmed dead in a letters column) or the guy left by the tree in the first arc (Jim, I think) - perhaps he didn't get 'infected' like we all thought and bulked up to survive on his own? Maybe it's a character from the show being introduced into the comic (like Merle or something)? Who knows...

My thought is, though, that he has to be someone from the past...but the question is, who?

It'll be disappointing if he's a normal character that no one had ever seen before...it's time for some big reveals or story changes, though, for sure!

Thoughts?

I think it's time we discuss WHO is Beta and WHY it matters that he not show his face...

Here are my thoughts. He most likely is a character that we - the readers - should remember or know - otherwise, why would it matter that his face not be shown? Let's say he was disfigured or had a tattoo on his head (Harry Potter), who would care in that universe and why would it matter to us?

So my thought is, he must be a character from the past that has survived and gotten away otherwise who cares who he is or what he looks like, you know?

I thought it would be cool if it were Davidson (who I think RK confirmed dead in a letters column) or the guy left by the tree in the first arc (Jim, I think) - perhaps he didn't get 'infected' like we all thought and bulked up to survive on his own? Maybe it's a character from the show being introduced into the comic (like Merle or something)? Who knows...

My thought is, though, that he has to be someone from the past...but the question is, who?

It'll be disappointing if he's a normal character that no one had ever seen before...it's time for some big reveals or story changes, though, for sure!

Thoughts?

At first I thought it may be a famous athlete in TWD universe, someone who'd be easily recognizable by all. Then I started thinking it could be an old character long thought dead, but now I think the whole premise is kinda lame.

He doesn't want anyone seeing his face... he couldn't have been a Whisperer from birth, so before joining or creating the Whisperers, everyone would have seen his face, so they should all know who he is... He doesn't want to hide his face only from outsiders, so he's probably just a guy with a mask fetish like Rorschach.

Thoughts?

At first I thought it may be a famous athlete in TWD universe, someone who'd be easily recognizable by all. Then I started thinking it could be an old character long thought dead, but now I think the whole premise is kinda lame.

He doesn't want anyone seeing his face... he couldn't have been a Whisperer from birth, so before joining or creating the Whisperers, everyone would have seen his face, so they should all know who he is... He doesn't want to hide his face only from outsiders, so he's probably just a guy with a mask fetish like Rorschach.

I don't think it's someone known to the readers/Rick's gang - that would be too hokey and soap opera-ish. Maybe he's missing an ear or whatever, something that would make him 'defective' and subject to expulsion or death by the group. The whisperers seem to be all about survival of the fittest.

I think he's macho man randy savage- at least I hope he is...

I agree with the famous athlete theory- he's a big dude--why not Macho Man?

Macho-Man while big wasn't that tall. I'm going with The Undertaker! :boo:

Edited by natevegas