• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mad Max - Fury Road - 2015

230 posts in this topic

I feel like Fury Road is the most un-Oscary (which sometimes means good) of the nominees.

I see it as the most un-Oscary nomination in the history of the awards. They rarely nominate anything that isn't heavy on individual or social commentary, and while Fury Road had some of that, the strength of that message pales in comparison to the focus on action.

Just shows the relevance of the Oscars. This film was awful.

Yep.

but you guys can't see the quality of of some the technical aspects of the movie? it didn't win best screenplay or direction.

Mad Max: Fury Road Without CGI

The post-apocalyptic chase film, which won 6 Academy Awards, easily stood out among the rest of the 2015 offerings because it relied on thrilling practical effects over CGI.

Proving that point, the good folks at ESPORTS TV have compiled a four-minute video of CGI-free shots from Fury Road pre-production tests, raw footage, and behind-the-scene footage. Watch monster trucks soar through the air, motorcycles leaping over moving vehicles, Tom Hardy strapped to the front of car, cars crashing into each other at high-speeds, stuntmen on wires jumping from one car to the next, and lots of big, fiery explosions that would get Michael Bay pitching a tent.

Mad Max: Fury Road Without CGI

The post-apocalyptic chase film, which won 6 Academy Awards, easily stood out among the rest of the 2015 offerings because it relied on thrilling practical effects over CGI.

Proving that point, the good folks at ESPORTS TV have compiled a four-minute video of CGI-free shots from Fury Road pre-production tests, raw footage, and behind-the-scene footage. Watch monster trucks soar through the air, motorcycles leaping over moving vehicles, Tom Hardy strapped to the front of car, cars crashing into each other at high-speeds, stuntmen on wires jumping from one car to the next, and lots of big, fiery explosions that would get Michael Bay pitching a tent.

I see some people were giving this movie , but dang I LOVED IT. First time i saw it i ended up watching it again like a week later. Hahah i appreciate it even more after seeing that video, I mean, there was an AMAZING stunt team and who doesn't enjoy lots of explosions? And those were REAL. Thanks for sharing the video, super cool!! :)

Mad Max Fury Road: Black And Chrome Edition Gets A Release Date

It was in January that director George Miller revealed he’d put together a black and white version of Mad Max: Fury Road with the intent to include the alternate cut on the film’s home media release. Unfortunately, Warner Bros. told Miller that there wasn’t enough room on the discs to include the Mad Max: Fury Road black and white cut.

Warner Bros. now intends to rectify that issue. Warner Bros. has announced that a two-film collection featuring Mad Max: Fury Road’s theatrical cut and the black and white cut, now called Mad Max Fury Road: Black & Chrome Edition, will be released on Dec. 6, 2016.

dLUEc2d.gif

Warner Bros. should have included it with the original release.

:ohnoez:

I'm sure it is just a coincidence.

npSyqwA.jpg

(:

"Hi, Warner Bros.? We can't play your movie at our theaters as it would go against our high cultural standards. But could you send us an advanced copy for additional viewing?"

ring ring

"I forgot to ask. Could we get the -script, and some of the costumes too? Just to look them over a few times. Promise!

:shy:

Edited by Bosco685

I'm sure it is just a coincidence.

npSyqwA.jpg

(:

"Hi, Warner Bros.? We can't play your movie at our theaters as it would go against our high cultural standards. But could you send us an advanced copy for additional viewing?"

ring ring

"I forgot to ask. Could we get the -script, and some of the costumes too? Just to look them over a few times. Promise!

:shy:

I don't think they're pretending or hiding or anything. Just seems like a high budget parody.

‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Chrome Edition Clips: Here’s the Version of the Movie George Miller Likes Best

The black-and-white “Chrome Edition” of Mad Max: Fury Road has been available on home video for several weeks already. But if you’ve yet to check it out, you can get a little taste of it today. A batch of new Mad Max: Fury Road Chrome Edition clips have just hit the web, showing what a difference a total lack of color can make.

It's definitely a different tone. But I will stick with my color version. Though the Chrome Edition sure brings out certain scenes and effects.

‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Lawsuit May Prevent Future Sequels

The ongoing Mad Max: Fury Road lawsuit lives, dies, and lives again. The future of the franchise is in jeopardy thanks to a bitter court battle between George Miller‘s production company, Kennedy Miller Mitchell, and Warner Bros.

The future of the Mad Max franchise has hit another bend in the road, as the bitter court battle makes its way from California to Australia’s Supreme Court of New South Wales.

Miller’s company is suing the studio for unpaid earnings on Mad Max: Fury Road, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.

The lawsuit shared by the Sydney Morning Herald claims that Warner Bros. acted in a “high-handed, insulting or reprehensible” manner and “destroying” its relationship with Kennedy Miller Mitchell by refusing to pay the bonus fee for delivering the movie under budget. Because Warner Bros. allegedly breached a co-financing agreement, the lawsuit claims that Kennedy Miller Mitchell will be unable to work together to make any further installments.

This means that fans waiting on Mad Max 5 and 6 — for which Miller has already written scripts — may have to wait indefinitely.

Miller and his producing partner Doug Mitchell spoke briefly about the lawsuit last November, stating:

“That hard work resulted in a picture which found wide acclaim globally. We would much prefer to be making movies with Warner Bros than litigating with them but, after trying for over a year, we were unable to reach a satisfactory resolution and have now had to resort to a law suit to sort things out.”

:frown: