• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

Great stuff Rick. Do you know if DC had filed their suit against Fawcett at this point or were various publishers still playing up the "super" angle? Certainly they would have been aware of the action around Wonder and Fox by this point.

Great stuff Rick. Do you know if DC had filed their suit against Fawcett at this point or were various publishers still playing up the "super" angle? Certainly they would have been aware of the action around Wonder and Fox by this point.
i believe D.C. Filed against fox in 39 and fawcett in 40

To my eyes, 17, 18 to a lesser extent, and 19 all look like Superman cover swipes.
18 I never associated...which supes issue rings a bell for you?

The pose rings of the position of Superman (though reversed) on Action 7 and also Superman's pose on 10 and 13 IMHO.

Edited by Johnny545

Amazing man 20

Larson

Probably my nicest copy, condition wise. Strangely this issue seems to be more readily available than surrounding, but tough none the less

I believe a boardie owned it and even offered it to me but at the time I had a nice copy and couldn't justify the cost. Believe it was later auctioned and I put a "its going to cheap" bid on it and won!

IMG_4259_zps2fdzi3hj.jpg

Amazing man 20

Larson

Probably my nicest copy, condition wise. Strangely this issue seems to be more readily available than surrounding, but tough none the less

I believe a boardie owned it and even offered it to me but at the time I had a nice copy and couldn't justify the cost. Believe it was later auctioned and I put a "its going to cheap" bid on it and won!

IMG_4259_zps2fdzi3hj.jpg

Love that cover... & that copy! :cloud9:

Amazing man 20

Larson

IMG_4259_zps2fdzi3hj.jpg

WOW me too!!! I have never owned a pedigree book but when i do get around to finding a book i want and can afford I will probably be chasing a Larson first. I really enjoy the books this man collected and the story is fascinating as well.

What a fantastic cover!!

Amazing man 20

Larson

IMG_4259_zps2fdzi3hj.jpg

WOW me too!!! I have never owned a pedigree book but when i do get around to finding a book i want and can afford I will probably be chasing a Larson first. I really enjoy the books this man collected and the story is fascinating as well.