• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Split

34 posts in this topic

My daughter loves scary movies, so she asked me to go watch Split with her. Didn't know much about what the movie was about. Just that M. Night was the director, so it was probably going to suck like his last several films. I was surprised it wasn't horrible, and the twist ending sure made me glad i went.

Spoilers: (yes, comic related)

http://www.slashfilm.com/split-ending-m-night-shyamalan/

There isn't a twist ending in this film.

There is but it is not a "storyline" twist.

I think that is my only negative feeling about this movie. I was really expecting some major jaw dropping twist to the story, and it never came. But that last shot was still awesome!

There isn't a twist ending in this film.

There is but it is not a "storyline" twist.

I think that is my only negative feeling about this movie. I was really expecting some major jaw dropping twist to the story, and it never came. But that last shot was still awesome!

:ohnoez:

It is certainly an unusual film - McAvoy‘s performance is amazing, as is Anya Taylor-Joy.

A bit too slow paced at times and while the ending isn't a twist in the usual sense it is certainly memorable.

I'm not so sure about that.

I think its more likely he just chucked the ending in because he called up a certain actor and just said 'do you fancy appearing for a laugh'.

When you consider it, split itself, although far fetched, is set in the 'real world' - in that it could happen without any other wordly events having to occur.

The other movie referenced showed the charcater having supernatural powers and couldn't occur in the 'real world'.