• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

This is not how you publish comics.

So the writer / publisher of the comic is the person selling these "error" editions.

Cerebus has a niche market and this publisher is alienating himself.

Maybe it's just me but I fail to see why. It's a $1 starting bid so it's not like the seller set the price. (shrug)

Someone intentionally leaked the bad issues and they were marketed as a collectible, more or less. The comic is not out yet, so it's not like someone found them on the shelves.

Still not seeing it...

Aren't ratio variants, convention and retailer exclusives pretty much marketed as collectibles, too?

Those are intentional and known. These are unintentional and are typically discarded.

What's to stop publishers from intentionally making "errors"?

Then maybe reserve the pitchforks for when it happens again. :eyeroll:

Uh, it just did. That's the whole point.

Errors get destroyed by the publisher, right?

Well this publisher is selling them on eBay and calling them special editions.

The seller is the publisher / co writer.

I remember a Wytches exclusive variant error where the copies weren't destroyed and were being sold as rare collectibles by the person who ran the variant program. Glass houses, eh?

The copies weren't destroyed? Go on, I'm listening.

http://www.recalledcomics.com/Wytches4EhRecalledVariant.php

Thank you for proving my point that 930 copies were destroyed.

When was the recall announced? After the sale date?

I understand you guys are upset about whatever, but this is the best you can come up with?

Still listening to how copies weren't destroyed...

"However, it appears that only 69 were sold before it was realised that the issue number on the cover was incorrect"

How many were sold at inflated prices after the recall?

"The erroneous copies (over 900 of them) did still exist sometime after the recall but were all earmarked for destruction so, in theory, only 80 or so should exist once the rest are confirmed destroyed"

If copies were sold after the recall, whether it's 2 copies or 20, by the person who released the book after knowing about the recall and pending destruction, then I've made my point.

That's an interesting theory. It's filled with passive aggressive subliminals but it's interesting.

Good luck straw graspers!

Just as we were getting back on track, the children begin arguing again. lol

Well, yeah... nobody likes a hiphopf-ocrite.

Did you join this board just to troll some of the members here?

I look at your posts and most if not all are just you :blahblah: about CBSI

Just as we were getting back on track, the children begin arguing again. lol

Well, yeah... nobody likes a hiphopf-ocrite.

Did you join this board just to troll some of the members here?

I look at your posts and most if not all are just you :blahblah: about CBSI

Not at all.

I've addressed concerns/issues regarding a couple different books. If cbsi members get caught in the middle, that's completely out of my control. I can't help who comments.

This is not how you publish comics.

So the writer / publisher of the comic is the person selling these "error" editions.

Cerebus has a niche market and this publisher is alienating himself.

Maybe it's just me but I fail to see why. It's a $1 starting bid so it's not like the seller set the price. (shrug)

Someone intentionally leaked the bad issues and they were marketed as a collectible, more or less. The comic is not out yet, so it's not like someone found them on the shelves.

Still not seeing it...

Aren't ratio variants, convention and retailer exclusives pretty much marketed as collectibles, too?

Those are intentional and known. These are unintentional and are typically discarded.

What's to stop publishers from intentionally making "errors"?

Then maybe reserve the pitchforks for when it happens again. :eyeroll:

Uh, it just did. That's the whole point.

Errors get destroyed by the publisher, right?

Well this publisher is selling them on eBay and calling them special editions.

The seller is the publisher / co writer.

I remember a Wytches exclusive variant error where the copies weren't destroyed and were being sold as rare collectibles by the person who ran the variant program. Glass houses, eh?

The copies weren't destroyed? Go on, I'm listening.

http://www.recalledcomics.com/Wytches4EhRecalledVariant.php

Thank you for proving my point that 930 copies were destroyed.

When was the recall announced? After the sale date?

I understand you guys are upset about whatever, but this is the best you can come up with?

Still listening to how copies weren't destroyed...

"However, it appears that only 69 were sold before it was realised that the issue number on the cover was incorrect"

How many were sold at inflated prices after the recall?

"The erroneous copies (over 900 of them) did still exist sometime after the recall but were all earmarked for destruction so, in theory, only 80 or so should exist once the rest are confirmed destroyed"

If copies were sold after the recall, whether it's 2 copies or 20, by the person who released the book after knowing about the recall and pending destruction, then I've made my point.

I have 1 copy and didn't pay any sort of premium.

Back on track for a bit? Logan trailer drops, does NYX 3 (I know this book is mentioned a lot), keep rising? 9.8's are $850, 9.6's are $550, and 9.4's are $450. Does this book come crashing down? Is it a long term hold? Remember 9.8's of this book were $350 1 1/2 years ago.

I know the book spiked and fell a bit from almost $1000.

Long term hold unless you need the money.

It appears they used a vile of Logan's blood to create her. Any love for Wolverine 80 coming? (shrug)

You know that's a good question and tough call as I've read a few times over the last 6 months or so that Quesada has stated the connection was not planned on; as in not on purpose. I'm not sure if he is saying there is no official relation, OR he didn't plan for it to be but since the vial IS labeled X-23 and Laura Kinney IS codenamed X-23 it stands. I don't have either issue but would love to get a minty copy of NYX #3 for investment comic collection and a mid grade for PC if I the prices are right. I'm personally not into the whole baby/test tube/vial type of 1st appearances

I've asked about this multiple times in the past when X-23 was being discussed and since nobody has ever given an answer I just assume that there has never been an explicit connection made in any comic.

If the vial was marked Logan X #4767852 and she was called X-4767852, that would be too much to be coincidence, but the number 23 being used in combination with genetics is easily coincidental (I assume most people realize why).

Monstress 1-9 + 1 3rd Print $130

Works out to $13 each plus $1 each for shipping. Books are creeping back up.

Interesting. I remember paying $50 for #1-6 VF/NM 1st print. Issue #1 was ~$35+ raw back then.

What helps Monstress is its a story that draws you in. The art is pretty impressive and it doesn't do much advertising its all word of mouth.

Yep. Also, excellent world building. I greatly enjoy Professor Tam Tam time. :grin:

Image just released a dollar reprint of the double thick Monstress #1 for $1.99 so it is a good jumping on point for new readers.

And it's almost 70 pages so really awesome value. I believe this has been offered before because there were several copies at my LCS back in Oct/Nov of last year.

Hmm, looking at titles in my ebay history, looks like I still need Monstress #1 2nd print. I thought for sure I had already bought one. :frustrated:

Really wish I had bought CLZ Comics iOS for cataloging earlier. I just never expected my collection to continue growing so much. I was expecting two short boxes tops. :facepalm:

Back on track for a bit? Logan trailer drops, does NYX 3 (I know this book is mentioned a lot), keep rising? 9.8's are $850, 9.6's are $550, and 9.4's are $450. Does this book come crashing down? Is it a long term hold? Remember 9.8's of this book were $350 1 1/2 years ago.

I know the book spiked and fell a bit from almost $1000.

Long term hold unless you need the money.

It appears they used a vile of Logan's blood to create her. Any love for Wolverine 80 coming? (shrug)

You know that's a good question and tough call as I've read a few times over the last 6 months or so that Quesada has stated the connection was not planned on; as in not on purpose. I'm not sure if he is saying there is no official relation, OR he didn't plan for it to be but since the vial IS labeled X-23 and Laura Kinney IS codenamed X-23 it stands. I don't have either issue but would love to get a minty copy of NYX #3 for investment comic collection and a mid grade for PC if I the pric

Yea I wouldn't say it's a first appearance at all but the shot of Essex Corp with the vile at the end of Apocalypse might give the issue some validity.