• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

...Trying to hunt down a DC comic from the 1970s with a particular story
1 1

20 posts in this topic

I don't have much to go on. I recall the story was a short one; maybe in Star Spangled War Stories or some other War Comic from the early 1970s; where a group of vikings pillage a town, entire the castle (or maybe it was a church) and once inside they realize that the black death or plague is inside and they are all dead. Does that ring a bell for anyone? If this is in the wrong place, my apologies in advance. Paul~

Thanks for the tips. I don't recognize the cover to Weird War Tales #9, but it does have Vikings and a burning village in the background. Plus, it was 45 years ago. I'll post again when I get a copy to confirm the story. Much appreciated. Paul~

That might be "Weird War Tales #9" when I think about the cover.

One of my favorite covers during the 70's.

I always find collectors like Red Hood amazing..Im working on my 'knowledge', but am nowhere near that level.........Just wow.......

I don't have much to go on. I recall the story was a short one; maybe in Star Spangled War Stories or some other War Comic from the early 1970s; where a group of vikings pillage a town, entire the castle (or maybe it was a church) and once inside they realize that the black death or plague is inside and they are all dead. Does that ring a bell for anyone? If this is in the wrong place, my apologies in advance. Paul~

It does sound familiar. In fact, I think I've read that story. Finding the actual issue though? hm

There's a similar story in WWT (#15), something like, "Survivor."

The Vikings run into and fight a sorceress and her demons and she tells them if they drink the water in the cave, they will get knowledge. They do and die with great knowledge, but dead nonetheless.

I don't think there are too many other WWT stories that match the exact description. Any other ideas to narrow it down.?

Edited by bronze_rules

G.I. Combat #172

first and last panel

ifvpef.jpg

That's it! Man, that last panel still sticks in my head 45 years later. Really appreciate you going the extra mile. Paul~