• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New interview from ComicArtAds (Mitch Itkowitz!)
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hi all! In my quest to become the (very) poor man's Felix Lu, I decided to start a rather old-fashioned interview series on my ComicArtAds website. The first interviewee is the patron saint of ComicArtAds, Mitch Itkowitz.

Mitch's Graphic Collectibles catalogs are the backbone of ComicArtAds due to the clear and easy-to-scan comic art images in every catalog from 1977 to 2000. Mitch was very kind to answer some questions from me via email, and you can see the interview here:

http://comicartads.com/content/mitch-itkowitz-interview

Big thanks to Mitch for this interview, and for all he has done to get amazing art into the hands of collectors (including myself) over the years! Best, Lee

ps. Look out for additional interviews in the future from other dealers whose ads appear on ComicArtAds!

A very honest and straight forward guy. You could always count on Mitch as an ethical dealer who would rather give everyone an equal shot at artwork, than make the quick buck by selling to one guy.

(Now if only I had kept a couple of those $400. Trimpe Hulk covers that he seemed to have dozens of...)

Great idea, Lee !!!

Comment: The typed question/answer format has it pluses and minuses. On the plus side, it keeps things brief. On the minus side, there's no give & take which could lead to interesting tangents, but we can't miss what isn't there.

Either way, I enjoyed the read. Also, any time I've seen Mitch post something on this board, he's brief and to the point.

Mitch is the only art dealer that I had regular dealings with. My first Cardy cover (also my first Cardy piece) came from him. It was in a catalog but I actually bought it at a show. Quite a few of my favorite Cardy pieces came by way of Mitch. Man, I sent Mitch so many checks, I wouldn't have to look up his address, even now, it's burned into my brain.

I still have all of Mitch's Graphic Collectible catalogs since I began receiving them.

Helpful hint, I unfolded and flattened the smaller catalogs so they are 8 1/2 x 11. They're less bulky. Then you can save them along with the large, true 8 1/2 x 11 catalogs.

Hi all! In my quest to become the (very) poor man's Felix Lu, I decided to start a rather old-fashioned interview series on my ComicArtAds website. The first interviewee is the patron saint of ComicArtAds, Mitch Itkowitz.

Mitch's Graphic Collectibles catalogs are the backbone of ComicArtAds due to the clear and easy-to-scan comic art images in every catalog from 1977 to 2000. Mitch was very kind to answer some questions from me via email, and you can see the interview here:

http://comicartads.com/content/mitch-itkowitz-interview

Big thanks to Mitch for this interview, and for all he has done to get amazing art into the hands of collectors (including myself) over the years! Best, Lee

ps. Look out for additional interviews in the future from other dealers whose ads appear on ComicArtAds!

lol Fun read, look forward to more!

Great idea, Lee !!!

Comment: The typed question/answer format has it pluses and minuses. On the plus side, it keeps things brief. On the minus side, there's no give & take which could lead to interesting tangents, but we can't miss what isn't there.

Either way, I enjoyed the read. Also, any time I've seen Mitch post something on this board, he's brief and to the point.

Helpful hint, I unfolded and flattened the smaller catalogs so they are 8 1/2 x 11. They're less bulky. Then you can save them along with the large, true 8 1/2 x 11 catalogs.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! This was a first attempt, and I may tinker with the format over time. Best, Lee