• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NOW VENOM #1 Gabriele Dell’Otto Color B&W Secret Variants
1 1

524 posts in this topic

That cover is ridiculous.

I ordered a virgin set (sight unseen) from Comic Mint a couple of days ago, and just picked up a 2nd Set from Frankie's now that I've seen it.

That will look fantastic slabbed...assuming they are packaged/shipped in an acceptable way!

Edited by IndyKMB

Just ordered both sets yesterday..first thing I asked was about packaging...he assured me it'd be bullet proof ..really hope they make it in 1 piece...he was great to work with...they look awesome..

NOW VENOM #1 GABRIELE DELL’OTTO COLOR B&W SECRET

> VARIANTS

NOW VENOM #1, 2 & 3 GABRIELE DELL’OTTO VIRGIN VARIANT

> SET

7 hours ago, DarkPhantom13 said:

Has anybody that ordered the variant for Venom #4 from Frankies Comics had their order shipped yet? First time dealing with them and i put in my pre-order last month and just wanted to know how long after release day they took to ship out comics.

Just shoot them an email if there is an extended delay. My set of Venom #1 wasn't shipped out right away but those guys have great customer service and a quick couple emails got it all sorted out, they made up for it in a big way as well. Great guys to work with.

9 hours ago, DarkPhantom13 said:

Has anybody that ordered the variant for Venom #4 from Frankies Comics had their order shipped yet? First time dealing with them and i put in my pre-order last month and just wanted to know how long after release day they took to ship out comics.

Not for me yet. Actually, I completely forgot I made that pre-order doh!

On 12/1/2016 at 9:31 PM, Praxis52 said:

Right of the bat, I want to say that Frankie's packed the books real well. Unfortunately, the books are not in 9.8 shape. There are spine ticks and color breaks throughout the books. Some having more than 1 spine tick which breaks color. And you can see rubbing on another. Overall, these books require a press to maybe get 1 or 2 of them to a 9.6 IMHO.

Here's the break down:

Color #1 - rubbing in two areas of front cover

Color #2 - 2 spine ticks each breaking color

B&W #1 - 1 spine tick which slightly breaks color

B&W #2 - indentation on front cover and 1 spine tick

Virgin #1 - 2 spine ticks with 1 breaking color

Virgin #2 - 1 spine tick which slightly breaks color and some minor indentations

All of the back covers looks great, it is just the front covers that look bad.

2222FC12-DF3D-4500-B436-9B20232E85B3_zpswwrsluss.jpg

The individual pictures I took don't show how bad they were. Will try again later.

OK, I sent the 2 Virgin and 2 Sketch copies over to CCS for pressing/cleaning.  It took them 2 months to do what they needed to do.  Earlier this week, they were moved to CGC, and I finally received the grades for them:

Venom #1 Dell'Otto ""Virgin"" Edition  - CGC 9.4

Venom #1 Dell'Otto ""Virgin"" Edition  - CGC 9.6

Venom #1 Dell'Otto Sketch Cover - CGC 9.8 x 2

CGC 9.8s for those Virgin variants are going to be hard to come by based on what I've read on these boards and my current submission. 

Good Luck to those that have submitted them to CGC!

12 hours ago, david estrada said:

Just got my Virgin Copy in the mail several days ago and it came back a 9.8.  Curious about what I should list it for? I listed mine for $599.99 or best offer on ebay.  Is this to little?  The more I look at this book the more I want to keep it!

Did it sell yet? If it hasn't sold it is not too little.