• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I can't imagine caring enough about an internet message board post to report it to anyone. :shrug:

There was that one time a guy made reference to wanting to sodomize an immediate family member of mine with a CGC slab that forced my humping hand.

Did you even ask your family member how they felt about said proposition before you humped? Think of others before you act! :baiting:

Gawd, I hope I never bought any of this guy's books. No telling what he used them for.

He's now a "well respected" member.

Alright, whomever hit notify on this post

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9762221#Post9762221

Sac up and admit it. One of the more knobbish things I've seen around here recently.

Guy mentioned he's selling because he's got stage 4 cancer and he's moving books so his wife won't have to deal with it and links to ebay.

Instead of PMing the guy to let him know and so he can ask the mods to move it for him, someone humped the button on him.

This place lets some pretty monstrous personality defects hide in the background.

....sad but true..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm not saying there aren't some terrible people here (and/or everywhere), but isn't it also possible that the button humper asked the mods to move the thread to the appropriate place, and/or notified the OP by pm to ask the mods to move it?

Or that the OP noticed the issue by himself (or was told by pm) and button humped himself?

I don't know if any of those things are true, but my mind didn't immediately jump to the meanest possibility and the degradation of human civility.

The Seller/OP just messaged me back. He didn't hit notify on himself.

So it's some social misfit up in here that did it. :censored:

The hall monitors seem exceptionally gung-ho these days. Some people also seem unaware that the majority of the Guidelines were proposed and established by board members and incorporated into the Guidelines by Arch to help the Sales Forum run smoother, and not written as an official edict handed down by the Gods of CGC.

In this case, I went Occam's Razor on the humping.

A shame that you already have your custom title.

Maybe we have everyone sign a forum petition requesting a change. hm

Or Arch starts giving people more than one :idea:

Too easy! lol

In this case, I went Occam's Razor on the humping.

A shame that you already have your custom title.

Maybe we have everyone sign a forum petition requesting a change. hm

Or Arch starts giving people more than one :idea:

Too easy! lol

Or some people can hack their own hm

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9762221#Post9762221

Sac up and admit it. One of the more knobbish things I've seen around here recently.

Guy mentioned he's selling because he's got stage 4 cancer and he's moving books so his wife won't have to deal with it and links to ebay.

Instead of PMing the guy to let him know and so he can ask the mods to move it for him, someone humped the button on him.

This place lets some pretty monstrous personality defects hide in the background.

I'm not saying there aren't some terrible people here (and/or everywhere), but isn't it also possible that the button humper asked the mods to move the thread to the appropriate place, and/or notified the OP by pm to ask the mods to move it?

Or that the OP noticed the issue by himself (or was told by pm) and button humped himself?

I don't know if any of those things are true, but my mind didn't immediately jump to the meanest possibility and the degradation of human civility.

The notification we received simply asked for the thread to be moved to the correct forum.

The notification we received simply asked for the thread to be moved to the correct forum.

Thank you for the clarification. However, I never had a doubt that it said something like that, and never intimated that it would have been anything other than a notification on the broken forum posting rules.

My issue was with whomever hit notify sped right past the "stage 4 cancer" to focus on it being in the wrong section, and never gave the original poster the courtesy of a PM letting him know it was mis-posted and suggesting that he request that the mods move it himself.

I just believe the forum guidelines are there to make this place a positive experience for the people here. The emphasis on "people".

Thank you for the clarification. However, I never had a doubt that it said something like that, and never intimated that it would have been anything other than a notification on the broken forum posting rules.

My issue was with whomever hit notify sped right past the "stage 4 cancer" to focus on it being in the wrong section, and never gave the original poster the courtesy of a PM letting him know it was mis-posted and suggesting that he request that the mods move it himself.

I just believe the forum guidelines are there to make this place a positive experience for the people here. The emphasis on "people".

I'm not quite sure why this is such a problem. Whomever hit the button is using a direct and effective method to notify the mods and get the thread moved to the proper forum. The OP likely didn't notice or care about the change. I just don't see any intent to harm or offend or to ignore the OP's situation.

I'm not quite sure why this is such a problem. Whomever hit the button is using a direct and effective method to notify the mods and get the thread moved to the proper forum. The OP likely didn't notice or care about the change. I just don't see any intent to harm or offend or to ignore the OP's situation.

It matters because, given the situation, who cares that it is in the wrong forum!

Just a question, what's the "Mass" pedigree/copy? These are raw and curious if there is some distinctive feature that exists on them to designate this classification. Also if there is and if these were submitted to CGC would they denote as such based on just the submitted book?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9774957&nt=3&fpart=1

Just a question, what's the "Mass" pedigree/copy? These are raw and curious if there is some distinctive feature that exists on them to designate this classification. Also if there is and if these were submitted to CGC would they denote as such based on just the submitted book?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9774957&nt=3&fpart=1

The Mass is the Massachusetts Ped. I can't remember if they get recognized by CGC or not, but I don't think they do. I'm pretty sure Chris (comix4fun) had a big chunk of Batmans and Detectives. I have had many Bronze Mass copies and they are really nice.

Aside from him being a reputable boardie, why not just PM him and ask him directly?

I think if you can prove the provenance of the book you don't necessarily have to have a cert if subbing to CGC.

The Mass is the Massachusetts Ped. I can't remember if they get recognized by CGC or not, but I don't think they do. I'm pretty sure Chris (comix4fun) had a big chunk of Batmans and Detectives. I have had many Bronze Mass copies and they are really nice.

All the Mass Peds have full gloss, deep color and most have snow white pages (unless whomever has owned them since discovery didn't store them properly). Not all are high grade, but most of them are. In some cases there were more than one copy of a particular issue. The books were gorgeous and new looking when in hand. Really amazing books.

I, along with a friend, bought all the Mass Ped Bronze Batmans and Detectives (along with a few other short run titles) over 25 years ago when the collection was first discovered.