• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
27 27

4,098 posts in this topic

Does the E-bay grading scale look like this?

High Grade!: Very Good/Fine to Gem Mint / CGC 5.0-10.0

Nice! Grade: Fair to Very Good + / CGC 1.0-4.5

Mid-Grade: Poor / CGC .5

who is this seller? is his name frank? Edited by paul747

Does the E-bay grading scale look like this?

High Grade!: Very Good/Fine to Gem Mint / CGC 5.0-10.0

Nice! Grade: Fair to Very Good + / CGC 1.0-4.5

Mid-Grade: Poor / CGC .5

On a good day. :/

Ayesha, Pip and someday soon...HIM!

Fantastic Four 67 get em ready!

Yes, that'll be one of the books to have, but I think THE book to have will be Thor #165...the 1st FULL appearance of HIM (Warlock). After a quick look, it looks like GPA is already trending that way:

Fantastic Four #67

CGC 9.4 ~ $1,700

CGC 9.0 ~ $500

CGC 8.0 ~ $200

Thor #165

CGC 9.4 ~ $2,000

CGC 9.0 ~ $800

CGC 8.0 ~ $350

Obviously the other book to grab is Marvel Premiere #1. I think there is going to be a lot of fanboy confusion as to what book is the 'right' book to have once Warlock shows up so all three of FF#67, THOR#165, MP#1 should increase substantially. That's my $0.02...

Yes, that'll be one of the books to have, but I think THE book to have will be Thor #165...the 1st FULL appearance of HIM (Warlock). After a quick look, it looks like GPA is already trending that way:

Fantastic Four #67

CGC 9.4 ~ $1,700

CGC 9.0 ~ $500

CGC 8.0 ~ $200

Thor #165

CGC 9.4 ~ $2,000

CGC 9.0 ~ $800

CGC 8.0 ~ $350

Obviously the other book to grab is Marvel Premiere #1. I think there is going to be a lot of fanboy confusion as to what book is the 'right' book to have once Warlock shows up so all three of FF#67, THOR#165, MP#1 should increase substantially. That's my $0.02...

How much more room can these issues possibly have though? Their prices have exponentially risen in just the last couple of years.

Fantastic Four #67

CGC 9.4 ~ $1,700

CGC 9.0 ~ $500

CGC 8.0 ~ $200

Thor #165

CGC 9.4 ~ $2,000

CGC 9.0 ~ $800

CGC 8.0 ~ $350

Do you have the equivalent sales trend for MP 1? hm

I believe the dollar figures for MP 1 would be substantially lower since it is a much later #1 book and hence, was much more highly collected in grade as opposed to the earlier Thor and FF books. (shrug)

Fantastic Four #67

CGC 9.4 ~ $1,700

CGC 9.0 ~ $500

CGC 8.0 ~ $200

Thor #165

CGC 9.4 ~ $2,000

CGC 9.0 ~ $800

CGC 8.0 ~ $350

How much more room can these issues possibly have though? Their prices have exponentially risen in just the last couple of years.

Did you see what happened to Iron Man #55? Or Fantastic Four #45 more recently? The prices on those books went from affordable to ridiculous overnight. I'm sure these have some room to grow...

Do you have the equivalent sales trend for MP 1? hm

I believe the dollar figures for MP 1 would be substantially lower since it is a much later #1 book and hence, was much more highly collected in grade as opposed to the earlier Thor and FF books. (shrug)

Fantastic Four #67

CGC 9.4 ~ $1,700

CGC 9.0 ~ $500

CGC 8.0 ~ $200

Thor #165

CGC 9.4 ~ $2,000

CGC 9.0 ~ $800

CGC 8.0 ~ $350

Marvel Premiere #1

CGC 9.4 ~ $500

CGC 9.0 ~ $250

CGC 8.0 ~ $150

On a percentage basis, MP#1 may be the book that grows the most, but it certainly isn't anywhere near the ballpark that the other two are in...and that's all of the free GPA data I'm giving. (thumbs u

There will be plenty of room to grow. Aggiez mentionns FF45 and IM 55 which are good examples but also look at the trajectory of FF 46, 52 and Strange Tales 110.

Yep, I believe that Warlock done right will have ST110 legs as he was a huge factor in Starlin's birth of the Marvel Cosmic Universe and also in the Infinity series that rocked the Copper Age. And this is no Loki, Warlock is a hero and was the only one who could take down Thanos. That 9.0 current price will be a dream if he is done properly.

There will be plenty of room to grow. Aggiez mentionns FF45 and IM 55 which are good examples but also look at the trajectory of FF 46, 52 and Strange Tales 110.

Yep, I believe that Warlock done right will have ST110 legs as he was a huge factor in Starlin's birth of the Marvel Cosmic Universe and also in the Infinity series that rocked the Copper Age. And this is no Loki, Warlock is a hero and was the only one who could take down Thanos. That 9.0 current price will be a dream if he is done properly.

Agree. I'm curious how much rarer ST110 (1963) is than a book like Thor 165 (1966). A CGC 8.0 of ST110 could have been had for $2,000 five years ago. Now it's an $8,000 book...a 300% increase. Take a $350 price tag for a Thor 165 two years ago, with a similar 300% increase, and you've got a $1,000+ book. It's now a ~$350 book and has been for a while now...certainly some room to grow.

Agree. I'm curious how much rarer ST110 (1963) is than a book like Thor 165 (1966). A CGC 8.0 of ST110 could have been had for $2,000 five years ago. Now it's an $8,000 book...a 300% increase. Take a $350 price tag for a Thor 165 two years ago, with a similar 300% increase, and you've got a $1,000+ book. It's now a ~$350 book and has been for a while now...certainly some room to grow.

I remember picking up my first ST 110 and thinking the price was pretty low for such an important character. I considered myself lucky even when I purchased it. I have the same feeling when I pick up any Warlock key. I just happen to love FF 67 best. Great character, unlimited powers, and huge influence on the Marvel Universe. I wish I could address print run questions but will just have to check the census for now.

Strong result for a solid 6.5 AC252 at $5400. I'm sure the off-white pages helped, and it sure looked pretty to boot.

AC252 CGC 6.5

For a book that maybe looked like it was cooling a little after the TV show hype, I'd definitely be happy if I was the seller.

Strong result for a solid 6.5 AC252 at $5400. I'm sure the off-white pages helped, and it sure looked pretty to boot.

AC252 CGC 6.5

For a book that maybe looked like it was cooling a little after the TV show hype, I'd definitely be happy if I was the seller.

Grading from the scans that looks an easy 7.0, I see what you mean.