• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hellboy all the way
3 3

245 posts in this topic

I'm finding it hard to believe that so many have been available for what was reported to be a 1:50 variant. I got a hold of more than I'd anticipated.

Comichron lists the sales for Hellboy & the BPRD #1 in December of 22,212. Which even if you double that #, means that there should only have been 888 copies of the sketch variant.

I know Hellboy is no longer as popular a character as in years past, but I had more trouble getting a hold of copies of Hellboy in Hell #1 variants when it was released.

-T

Aw Yeah Comics in Skokie, IL is hosting a 3rd anniversary event next Saturday featuring Mignola and Geof Darrow. I'm going to try to make it. Anyone else here going?

Edited by kuphd06

Guillermo Del Toro Promises Hellboy 3 Meetings

CeLNsEP.png

:o

In a tweet on Wednesday, the Hellboy director promised fans that he would meet with Ron Perlman (star of Hellboy) and Mike Mignola (creator of Hellboy comics), on one condition.

If one hundred thousand fans vote on his Hellboy Twitter poll, Del Toro says he will begin the process.

RIGHT HERE - CLICK HERE - HURRY

The poll he tweeted asks fans if they want to see Hellboy III happen. The funny thing is, there are only two options to choose from. You can either vote "Yes" or "Hell Yes".

:wishluck:

22 minutes ago, AGGIEZ said:

OK, what the heck is a "PG" grade?

After seeing a slabbed CGC 9.0 Hellboy Supplement #nn on e-Bay, I decided to sent mine in for slabbing...it came back as "PG". What is that?

44545212170_383cd6b6e7_b.jpg

That's just sad. Will definitely crash the price on that supplement, not even giving it a grade. That said, I always thought that would be a really easy thing to create a forgery of and wondered why cgc would grade it at all (much like the Eerie #1 b&w).

1 hour ago, boomtown said:

That's just sad. Will definitely crash the price on that supplement, not even giving it a grade. That said, I always thought that would be a really easy thing to create a forgery of and wondered why cgc would grade it at all (much like the Eerie #1 b&w).

Yeh, I'm wondering if someone at CGC erroneously graded the CGC 9.0...the only graded book on the census.

It’s October, and every October I reread the Mignola Hellboy. Or at least, the ones I have in trades; Seed of Destruction thru Strange Places. And every year I again marvel at the magnificence of the work. 
I got so enthused this year that I bought a set of Mignola’s adaptation of Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
I know it will be pretty, I hope it will be good!