• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

I have been avoiding trying to buy just to sell. Lately I have been buying based off artists I have grown fond of or discovered. Not to say its not nice to flip, I dont use ebay though. I sell exclusively through here once in a blue moon. :)

With that said I am going back for the Ron Lim surfer cover soon!

You are correct.... still cool book.

I managed to snag a wizard magazine #9 yesterday in my hunts. Super sweet venom cover by "whittman" aka Bart Sears.

Some of those wizard books still sell well.

I had the run from issue # 6 to about 70 something as I had a subscription back then. I gave 95 percent away in 2002 to a friend who lost his 30 yr collection in a freak dryer lint fire. I did keep a few random issues #7 Flash Variant, # 11 Spawn, #14 Women of Marvel from that time, and Issue # 42 Alex Ross Heroes Gatefold Wrap Around Variant are the ones off top of my head. I don't see the #7 Flash Variant much at all. Whenever I see #7, it's always for the X-O Manowar cover. My uncle gave me the Flash version and kept the X-O cover before I ended up subscribing after # 10.

Boy you are on a roll with that book.

Was it in a set of them or did you just find it by itself.

My only found copy was basically in a set of them that had been untouched.

There were quite a few of the later series; don't recall if it was full or not.

I've never found these until Saturday at a local show in Charlotte. As I was walking by a fellow dealer shouts, "Hey, I've got Spawn 1 I'll sell you for $2!" I told him I'd take them every time at that price. He tossed them on the boxes and BOOM......newstand!

IMG_6631.jpg

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

I've never found these until Saturday at a local show in Charlotte. As I was walking by a fellow dealer shouts, "Hey, I've got Spawn 1 I'll sell you for $2!" I told him I'd take them every time at that price. He tossed them on the boxes and BOOM......newstand!

IMG_6631.jpg

Nice find! I love hunting for early Image newsstand issues. Of the early Spawn's, I had the hardest time finding #4 but I finally scored one in a box last year.

Found one (Spawn #1 newsstand) just a few weeks ago at a game/comic shop. Never really knew it was that hard to find.

All Spawn newsstands are really hard to find - that may be because (1) until recently nobody cared (2) they didn't make many and (3) see (1).

Found one (Spawn #1 newsstand) just a few weeks ago at a game/comic shop. Never really knew it was that hard to find.

All Spawn newsstands are really hard to find - that may be because (1) until recently nobody cared (2) they didn't make many and (3) see (1).

I think spawns have been the most (if still barely) cared about (of the image titles), most likely because that has been the most consistently collected title of the originals.

Here is one I didn't know existed until last week.

Supreme 1 Newsstand Its pink never saw it till last week. Its not valuable, but honestly had never seen a copy. I saw it in the box and had to do a double take.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supreme-1C-Newsstand-Edition-Nov-1992-Image-1st-Print-VF-/200983515010?hash=item2ecb8d0f82:g:LEwAAOxyzi9SduyC

Edited by Fastballspecial

Here is one I didn't know existed until last week.

Supreme 1 Newsstand Its pink never saw it till last week. Its not valuable, but honestly had never seen a copy. I saw it in the box and had to do a double take.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Supreme-1C-Newsstand-Edition-Nov-1992-Image-1st-Print-VF-/200983515010?hash=item2ecb8d0f82:g:LEwAAOxyzi9SduyC

Found several in a very poorly organized shop a few years ago along with Wildcats 2 newsstand and some other wacky like that. I know they're worth very little but I buy em every time I see em out of compulsion.