• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REVEAL THREAD-2016 HOLIDAY RAFFLE
1 1

132 posts in this topic

Man oh Man!

Today, I received the last 2 packages from

:banana:Greggy's Mystery Box :banana:

Picture-heavy

First off, an envelope came from thirdgreenham. This thing had a TON of stamps on it:

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

Inside were some cool books from the bread and butter of my collection, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

IMG_2158.jpg

The left book is a variant cover signed by Bobby Curnow (Editor), Rob Rodriguez (cover contributor), and Kevin Eastman (co-creator). Mr. Ham (or Greggy, not 100% sure) must have done his research because the one on the right is a very cool sketch cover, which is right up my alley. It features a turtle sketch by Kevin Eastman and an Utrom by Rob Rodriguez. Very cool! (worship) I encourage anyone who's even remotely interested to pick up the IDW TMNT series. It's quite good.

The sixth (yes SIXTH!) and final box came directly from the legend himself, Greggy. I'm sure he's heard this before, but Greggy's package was HUGE! ;)

IMG_2145.jpg

18 pounds of mystery box goodness! So what was inside?

First, Greggy has spoiled my kids. As if the previous presents weren't enough, he sent a Taz and a Chilly Willy. They will be waiting for them when they wake up tomorrow. I'm sure they'll be excited.

IMG_2148.jpg

Next, he was nice enough to put in some chocolates for my wife. Very thoughtful! :luhv: (These look like VERY fancy chocolates.)

IMG_2147.jpg

Next up was a HUUUUGE stack of books:

IMG_2159.jpg

I told Greggy that I really wanted to broaden my Marvel horizons. Well MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Sure, there's plenty of great books that I'm familiar with like Fantastic Four, Spider-man, and Captain America (among MANY others), but there were a crazy number of characters I had never even heard of. Torpedo? 3-D Man? Monark Starstalker??? I can't wait to dig into these! :cloud9:

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

Like the generosity wasn't already cranked up to 11, Greggy had one final trick up his sleeve.

IMG_2146.jpg

What could possibly be inside? In a million years, I never would have guessed.

(I'm sorry if the photos aren't properly rotated. My patience for photobucket is running short)

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

That's right! Mr. TMNT

"I Pity the Foot" :roflmao:

I seriously laughed for about 12 minutes after opening this. Possibly the most absurd thing I've ever seen with my own two eyes. Be sure to check out the other figures in the line featured on the back.

I will treasure this always. (worship)

Greggy, you and your team have really started my 2017 off on the right foot. The tales of your generosity are all true. I feel VERY lucky to have received the top pick in this year's raffle and moving forward, I'll consider anyone who doesn't pick your box as their #1 choice a fool. :sumo:

Thank you so much, Greggy! I'm feeling inspired. I will figure out a way to pay your generosity forward. (worship)(worship)(worship)

:applause: looks like Greggy had to pick it up a little this year, was he feeling a little pressure hm

very nice

Edited by Azkaban

You know, when someone steps up and -- out of nowhere -- performs a big gesture of generosity towards a relative stranger, that is an act of kindness. But when that same person gets a reputation for doing so, and yet, year after year, continues to do so, and continues to top themselves in finding ways to make someone they don't know happy? That's the action of an inherently kind person.

:applause::applause::applause:

You know, when someone steps up and -- out of nowhere -- performs a big gesture of generosity towards a relative stranger, that is an act of kindness. But when that same person gets a reputation for doing so, and yet, year after year, continues to do so, and continues to top themselves in finding ways to make someone they don't know happy? That's the action of an inherently kind person.

+10

+100

Dan

How do we get a Greggy Funko Pop figure made? I would be satisfied with either the static one or the bobble head version.
SDCC exclusive eyes closed napping version.

My second box from Azkaban arrived today! :banana:

Another huge package with over 70 books in it! :banana::banana::banana:

So many great comics! From modern variants to Silver Age 1st appearances! :banana::banana::banana:

Oh and did I mention, THERE IS A THIRD BOX ON THE WAY! :whee:

Now Some photos...

20170118_183745_zpssqrcseif.jpg

20170118_190206_zpsboxlt0bm.jpg

20170118_190250_zpsdfoj6qwr.jpg

20170118_190334_zpsniztlps9.jpg

20170118_183823_zpslrgly2ic.jpg

Yep, that's a very nice copy of Avengers #55, 1st appearance of Ultron! :o In fact it was Azkabans oo copy that he thoughtfully included. (worship) That is also a variant Simpsons Comics & Stories #1. I am a big Simpsons fan and had no idea it even existed!

It was another large box tailored to me with more on the way! I am extremely grateful and thrilled with everything! :headbang:

Thank you so much Dwayne! Your The Best! :foryou:

Now that's what I'm talking about (thumbs u

your next box is on it's way tomorrow :whee:

Damn Dwayne. (worship)

thanks Dave :foryou:

Now that's what I'm talking about (thumbs u

your next box is on it's way tomorrow :whee:

You can't win

Bwahahahahahahahahaha