• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current Turnaround times at CCS
5 5

203 posts in this topic

The results are in from CCS to CGC and it's a bit disheartening to see the Grader Notes on some of these...

Superman/Gen 13 #2 CGC 9.6 SS (Hughes & Campbell) - Notes: very small bend right bottom of whole book

Superman/Gen 13 #3 CGC 9.4 SS (Hughes & Campbell) - Notes: bend right bottom of front cover breaks color

Garfield #1 Limited Edition CGC 9.6 SS (Jim Davis) - Notes: light spine stress lines to cover; scratch full top of back cover; very light fingerprints top of back cover

Garfield #2 Limited Edition CGC 9.6 SS (Jim Davis) - Notes: light bends to cover; light spine stress lines to cover

You would think pressing would have fixed these bends or light finger prints, correct? I did select the whole "cleaning" & "pressing" check box. Ugh!

From what I can gather from all this info is find a raw book thats NM+ and pray to the cgc gods for a 9.8

I currently have 2 books submitted (without asking) to ccs thru a facilitator here and over 800$ tied up now since SDCC and I probably wont see them until febuary or march.

You can bet your butt I wont use ccs ever again, even tho I didnt ask for it.

The results are in from CCS to CGC and it's a bit disheartening to see the Grader Notes on some of these...

Superman/Gen 13 #2 CGC 9.6 SS (Hughes & Campbell) - Notes: very small bend right bottom of whole book

Superman/Gen 13 #3 CGC 9.4 SS (Hughes & Campbell) - Notes: bend right bottom of front cover breaks color

Garfield #1 Limited Edition CGC 9.6 SS (Jim Davis) - Notes: light spine stress lines to cover; scratch full top of back cover; very light fingerprints top of back cover

Garfield #2 Limited Edition CGC 9.6 SS (Jim Davis) - Notes: light bends to cover; light spine stress lines to cover

You would think pressing would have fixed these bends or light finger prints, correct? I did select the whole "cleaning" & "pressing" check box. Ugh!

The bends yes. Fingerprints no. Superman/Gen 13 #2 might be worthwhile to ask CCS to repress and resubmit (at their cost) On the other hand, the Garfield 1 has a lot of listed defects for 9.6. CGC gives, CGC takes away....

Edited by Tony S

Wondering if any of you would know if theres another alternative for pressing SS books?

After reading just this page, CCS is no longer an option for me...

If your question is who else can crack open, press and resubmit Signature Series books AND keep the yellow label, then as far as I know CCS and CFP (Joe) are the only two choices.

IMHO, CGC has gotten kinda weird about "light bends". I've cracked two the past couple of months and there was nothing there. The books were 9.6's with the only defect listed a light bend and there just wasn't anything on either one to fix. Books lay flat. Maybe they flattened out in the holder, IDK. Maybe those two books were an exception.

I'd be more concerned with the long turn around times mentioned than a light bend in an occasional book. The real determination of good service is if you call or write the business doing the pressing about such is if they are willing to take care of it.

Edited by Tony S

Thanks guys. I knew CCS was one but i wasnt sure if there was anyone else 'SS authorized' to do it.

Reading peoples experience with CCS has pretty much steered me clear of using their services in the future

I've had some great experiences with CCS. Especially this last year or so. Biggest thing lately was the turnaround time, but I understand it was the height of the fall shows and NYCC. I much rather have quality than a faster time. Many times I've submitted the turnaround was only 1 - 2 weeks. I imagine it will be that way again soon now that the major Con season is slowing.

I will never use CCS again. I paid extra for fast-tracked pressing in July at San Diego Comic Con.

This was my first time using CCS, and I don't submit books often.

Apparently my books got to CGC in early/mid November. I paid extra for fast-tracked pressing, and it took from late July until early November to press. Even the guy I called at customer service sounded surprised that it took so long.

I tried to call a few times to question why it was taking so long, and customer service was not able to do anything to fix the situation. Really depressing, I feel like I wasted $24 extra dollars in total to get these books fast-pressed in 4-6 weeks, and it took 3-4 months.

My fast track pressing took longer than their estimate for slow track pressing. It's upsetting to see other people's fast-tracks getting there in 6 weeks, and mine took around 14 weeks. I don't know why this happened, but it has turned me off to the service.

I understand it's a busy season, but I see other people in this thread got their's back in a reasonable time, so I don't understand why mine took so long.

The bends yes. Fingerprints no. Superman/Gen 13 #2 might be worthwhile to ask CCS to repress and resubmit (at their cost) On the other hand, the Garfield 1 has a lot of listed defects for 9.6. CGC gives, CGC takes away....

Took your advice and resubmitted 3 of the 4 books back to CCS/CGC for a repress and regrade. Hopefully, CCS will be able to fix the bends and other items. Also added 5 more books to the list. All Fast Track press and grades. Hoping for the best!

I'm curious too :)

I had some comics at CGC and called and got one pulled to send for pressing, they told me turnaround times could be up to 4 months :wishluck: AND they seemed pretty certain...

I called to get one pulled last week, so I don't know when yours were submitted or if they have been yet but maybe that will give you "some idea"

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I'm curious too :)

I had some comics at CGC and called and got one pulled to send for pressing, they told me turnaround times could be up to 4 months :wishluck: AND they seemed pretty certain...

I called to get one pulled last week, so I don't know when yours were submitted or if they have been yet but maybe that will give you "some idea"

Thanks for the info. I sent mine via Economy (not fast track) about 11 weeks ago (Invoice dated 11/3/2016). It's still within the estimated time frame of 10-12 weeks, but I'm a bit surprised with the 4 month estimate since this is the time of year they usually catch up (last year it only took 2 months). For instance, I noticed that CGC's turnaround time for economies has gone down from 50 to 33 business days. Hopefully, I can still take advantage of that 6 week turnaround before the convention season starts. Oh well.

Edited by skybolt

Mine was economy non fast track as well, so maybe the turnaround times have or will continue to shorten and what they quoted me was during when they were on the way to catching up, either way it should be soon for you :)

No improvement with TATs, in fact it is getting worse.

Just got off the phone with CGC/CCS as was chasing books that are in for Fast Track Pressing and are at the end of the advertised 4-6 weeks (submitted 02/01). Was told that times are now 2-2½ months for Fast Track now and regular pressing 3-3½. 

Personally I find that shocking especially as the website with TATs isn't updated and CGC update theirs frequently. The customer service rep was unapologetic when I pointed this out as potentially misleading advertising.

To be honest, not happy and starting to reconsider using CCS at all; seems like a complete waste of time and money. I've been using the service for a while now, but last few submissions I've had pressed by them still had issues that should have been addressed in the pressing when graded by CGC. Those books had to be re-pressed and re-graded adding even more time to the process. I just hope this new batch don't suffer the same problem. Be nice to get my books back this year.

Ironic that at a time when CGC are getting better with TATs both with hitting timelines and communication to customers, CCS is holding them back.

Edited by Every Day A Story

Update on previous post.

So it would seem that non fast track CCS magazine pressing (which according to CGC customer service takes 3/3½ months TAT now) take priority as they have just been accepted back by CGC, whilst my Fast Track pressing moderns still languishing with CCS (and which according to CGC customer service takes 2/2½ months TAT now, despite quoting 4-6 weeks). Both were recieved 2/1/2017.

Consistency and customer experience much?

1 hour ago, Every Day A Story said:

Update on previous post.

So it would seem that non fast track CCS magazine pressing (which according to CGC customer service takes 3/3½ months TAT now) take priority as they have just been accepted back by CGC, whilst my Fast Track pressing moderns still languishing with CCS (and which according to CGC customer service takes 2/2½ months TAT now, despite quoting 4-6 weeks). Both were recieved 2/1/2017.

Consistency and customer experience much?

Any difference with the different types, ie. standard vs. modern etc.?