• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

I see some BA Defenders getting very good prices on eBay:

Defenders 17 1st Wrecking Crew

Defenders 18 - 1st Full App Wrecking Crew

couldn't sell a VF/NM #17 here for $30 w/ a #18 thrown in for free :banana:

People aren't really paying that much:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Bronze-Age-1970-83/12590/i.html?LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&LH_Sold=1&rmvSB=true&_sop=13&_nkw=defenders+17+-complete+-guides+-masterworks+-16+-lot+-foom+-art

Well, not BSDs like you guys . . . :baiting:lol:insane:

Well, $10-$12 for a VG copy means some nice coin for a VF and better copy. Frankly, if I saw these in a $1-$2 box at the last show I might have passed on them as I have been burned so much over the years buying Defenders issues that nobody else is interested in.

I've been trying to grab both of these in the last few months to no avail as yet. Surely we'll see Wrecking Club in the Marvel Cinematic/TV universe soon. If you like Wrecking Crew, I'd recommend Iron Fist 12 too, Claremont & Byrne with Iron Fist and Cap team up!

I've been trying to grab both of these in the last few months to no avail as yet. Surely we'll see Wrecking Club in the Marvel Cinematic/TV universe soon. If you like Wrecking Crew, I'd recommend Iron Fist 12 too, Claremont & Byrne with Iron Fist and Cap team up!

Grap, and flip it quick cause absolute garbage doesnt sell high for long.

What DREK

How is it drek? It's a 42 year old bronze age 1st appearance. True, 1st app of what? They have been around forever, but maybe the popularity won't have staying power. With that said, with Luke Cage a member, some added interest in Dr. Strange and Nighthawk, maybe some of those Defenders issues will have some interest going forward, Other than 1 and 10, the whole series has been pretty dead for a long time, but maybe a few other issues have room to pop too.

What DREK

Thanks to Beats by Dre, Dr. Dre is more of a household name than ever. It's only a matter of time before the movie comes along.

8b467e68-eb5f-4346-8813-10e0a35e148c_zpsh8ofokak.jpg

What DREK

People love arse-kicking fights and destruction and these guys are involved in a ton of them with Marvel's A-list. I've been flipping these for years and get a nice profit when properly labeled as first appearances and put on my wall.

What DREK

People love arse-kicking fights and destruction and these guys are involved in a ton of them with Marvel's A-list. I've been flipping these for years and get a nice profit when properly labeled as first appearances and put on my wall.

I've loved those issues since I bought them off the racks! The Hulk's entrance into that story is hysterical!

What DREK

The only reason these are cheap is because Overstreet never singled them out. Had they been labelled as first Wrecking Crew by Overstreet and Wizard in the 90's, key collectors would've hoarded them, and we'd be seeing prices where the Sabretooth appearances in Power Man are now.

What DREK

The only reason these are cheap is because Overstreet never singled them out. Had they been labelled as first Wrecking Crew by Overstreet and Wizard in the 90's, key collectors would've hoarded them, and we'd be seeing prices where the Sabretooth appearances in Power Man are now.

Sabertooth and Power Man (Cage)? Um, I don't think so.

considering the licensing issues that would come up, I can't see this being more than just a rumor. Besides, unless it's animated it's gonna look pretty cheesy if it were live action.

considering the licensing issues that would come up, I can't see this being more than just a rumor. Besides, unless it's animated it's gonna look pretty cheesy if it were live action.

What are the issues? Does Marvel not have the rights to Morbius?

What are the issues? Does Marvel not have the rights to Morbius?

I honestly couldn't say. I just figured with the characters involved (Man Thing, Ghost Rider, Werewolf by Night and Morbius), some problems may arise considering 2 of the 4 are already in films and I'd heard of a Werewolf movie having been in the works some time ago. The way Marvel has licensed their characters in the past just made that the first thing that came to mind