• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold Key
2 2

501 posts in this topic

I have been organizing my collection and I have a few hundred of these that need boards and new bags. Most have no bag or a really old one and no board. Real PITA as many require a golden age size bag/board. But as most have the numbering on the inside, it's a good time to write the # down on the tape sealing the bag shut.

I don't believe I've posted these yet:

15-10-201145555PM.jpg

15-10-201145559PM.jpg

15-10-201145603PM.jpg

:juggle:

Beautiful copies.

Loved that series as a kid, although, as I remember, the publishing schedule was erratic.

+2

Absolutely loved the entire, but rather short-lived Total War / Mars Patrol comic series when it first came out. :cloud9:

Was lucky enough to acquire file copies for issues #4 through #10 for a very reasonable price back in the day. Couldn't believe how minty fresh these copies look and even much nicer than the Curator copy of Total War #1 that I picked up later. :)

With all of these si-fi related shows such as Colony, Travelers, and the likes being done on TV nowadays, I have always felt that this would be a good series to adapt for some independent TV network. :wishluck:

I don't believe I've posted these yet:

Beautiful copies.

Loved that series as a kid, although, as I remember, the publishing schedule was erratic.

+2

Absolutely loved the entire, but rather short-lived Total War / Mars Patrol comic series when it first came out. :cloud9:

Was lucky enough to acquire file copies for issues #4 through #10 for a very reasonable price back in the day. Couldn't believe how minty fresh these copies look and even much nicer than the Curator copy of Total War #1 that I picked up later. :)

Here are scans of earlier issues of the series that I first posted way back on page #25 of this thread:

11-09-2011105931PM.jpg

11-09-2011105940PM.jpg

11-09-2011105944PM.jpg

11-09-2011105959PM.jpg

:cool:

Here's a Gold Key that got no love in the 1967 thread, so I'll show it here. Maybe it will get some respect now... lol I love this cover.

24084828819_3c919013b0_c.jpg

Love it! Gold Key's answer to Tales of Asgard 1! It compiles the back-up feature from Magnus.

Lemme rephrase that -- if this book is 1967, it precedes Tales of Asgard (Oct '68).

Hepcat/lou_fine: are these Mars patrols a good read as well? The covers are certainly beautiful.

I think they hold up pretty well. They were reprinted in a TPB a few years ago.

+1

Absolutely loved the written stories as they were actually the best part of the books once you got past the beautiful covers. (thumbs u

Here's a Gold Key that got no love in the 1967 thread, so I'll show it here. Maybe it will get some respect now... lol I love this cover.

24084828819_3c919013b0_c.jpg

Love it! Gold Key's answer to Tales of Asgard 1! It compiles the back-up feature from Magnus.

Lemme rephrase that -- if this book is 1967, it precedes Tales of Asgard (Oct '68).

It is a 1967 book... (thumbs u

0154248012_1200.jpg

Thank-you kindly gents (thumbs u

Been a fun set to plug away at while I was in holding patterns with other sets. Matt Murdock being the biggest proponent for its growth :grin:

It really has been one of the more enjoyable sets I've compiled.

I can safely say, 50% of these books I purchased raw from surprisingly enough, the Bay of e of all places! Another 10% from dealer boxes at WW Chicago past 6 years. The rest would mainly be auction wins.

Thanks for looking :foryou: