• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Completing a 0.5 to 10.0 CGC of the same book ???

3 posts in this topic

In the world of sports trading cards where there's so many parallel releases of the same card, usually with different colored borders or foil tones, they refer to that as "completing the rainbow" (of colors).

I was wondering if anyone has tried to complete a set of an exact book in every single grade?

I was contemplating trying, but know the 9.9 and 10.0 are hard for moderns and near impossible for silver age.

That would be a cool idea, although on the other end of the spectrum, you'd basically have to start destroying books to hit the .5, 1.0, 1.5 grades on Modern issues.

I would imagine that there are guys out there with rainbows across many grades on Batman Adventures 12 or Walking Dead 1 -- but there aren't any 10.0 copies on either of those.

When the Batman and Superman 10 Cent Adventure comics were on the stands (2002?! wow), I bought the limit every time I went to my local shop (10 per visit).  I've got stacks of those.  This might be possible!

On the flip side, why pay the grading costs for NG. 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 1.8 etc copies of that?