• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Hammer -Dark Horse- Lemire & Ormston

74 posts in this topic

Dark Horse really seemed to struggle to get their act together immediately following the loss of their rights to produce Star Wars comics. It may have been a blessing in disguise. Lady Killer, Black Hammer, and Briggs Land are books to look forward to the way we did Sin City. A little swagger and depth have returned to the publisher and its welcome news. (thumbs u

Just got caught up on this series and wow, is it great. Buy the TPB or the 1st 6 issues ( they're still cheap ). You can't go wrong either way. Every issue makes the series a little better than the one before. Dark Horse has a bonafide winner on their hands. :applause:

I was traveling for the holidays so I just managed to read #6 - Bernie and Len in the swamp again! Love it.

I recall reading sometime around the time the first issue came out that Lemire had 18 issues scripted out - I really hope this continues for a while past that, I'm really enjoying it.

I imagine as long as sales hold up to even a reasonable level, this book will continue to be published. Reading interviews prior to release, this seemed like a particular project of love for Lemire, and he seems to have great respect for the co-creator.

The quality of this book is far above so much of the market, I can't see it failing to survive, especially with Lemire's name.

I've been hooked since issue #1. One of the best comics in years IMHO. Recommend to my friends! ALL 3 of them!!!

Nothing has been better over the last year for me.... Maybe Sheriff of Babylon. But they're so different it's hard to judge. This is far and away my favorite cape... "alternative cape"?... (I may have just made up there genre, I'm not sure) going.

I'm glad to have something cape-like in a soon to be post-Invincible world.

Forgot to mention this one earlier. The Annual was a good, not great issue though as per usual, there were subtle things that made this an overall enjoyable read. There is no doubt that the book is better when Dean Ormston is the artist. Looking forward to March 22nd.

Edited by the authority