• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Defenders Thread - Netflix & **Marvel Spoiler Filled**

117 posts in this topic

LUKE CAGE Supporting Character Misty Knight Confirmed To Appear In THE DEFENDERS

Luke_Cage_Simone.jpg

A number of supporting characters from Daredevil and Jessica Jones have already been confirmed as appearing in The Defenders, but we can now add someone from the world of Luke Cage. Talking to The Wrap in a recent interview, Simone Missick let it slip that she will reprise the role of Misty Knight in the highly anticipated team-up series which begins shooting in New York City a little later this year.

"I believe I’m safe to say that I will be on ‘The Defenders,'" she confirmed. "Spoiler alert! If I lose my job because of this interview, sorry! I was supposed to be on ‘The Defenders,’ until I got fired."

Hmm vaguly remember these villains

The Zodiac

That was when I first stared reading The Defenders (1977 or 1978). I had thought what a great villain idea, where you had characters from each of the zodiac signs.

I'm not sure how it would play out on the small screen with that many high-powered villains, and such a small Defenders team.

Elodie Yung Will Return As Elektra In Marvel And Netfix's THE DEFENDERS

That's right, we won't have to wait until Daredevil's third season for news on what's next for Elektra as Marvel has confirmed today that Elodie Yung will be a series regular in the highly anticipated superhero ensemble which unites the Man Without Fear with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. This news obviously also adds further weight to theories that the team will assemble to take on The Hand.

For now though, we'll have to wait and see what sort of role Elektra ends up playing here. Her being a villain initially seems highly likely, though Daredevil will no doubt do whatever it takes to bring her back based on the comics.

Care of ashsaytr.

:foryou:

DEFENDERS First Look Brings the Four Heroes Together

defendersheader.jpg

Marvel and Netflix have given Entertainment Weekly a first look at Marvel’s The Defenders, coming this summer. You can check out the Defenders first look video and cover below. The magazine writes:

Each Defender has arrived separately at the offices of Midland Circle (a name that should sound familiar to Daredevil fans as the shady operation behind a giant, literal plot hole in season 2), and none of them expected to cross paths. But before they can properly meet and greet, the four have wound up trapped in the middle of a corridor and must brawl their way past a group of enemies. (Hey, Marvel loves hallway fight scenes ever since Daredevil pulled one off.) “Every one of them is following their own trail of bread crumbs, trying to unpack a mystery in New York,” explains showrunner Marco Ramirez, who produced Daredevil‘s first season before co-showrunning the second. “We wanted them all caught off guard. Once they’re in that room together, it’s kind of like, ‘Oh, s—, who are you?’”

:whee:

Just now, Gatsby77 said:

Both of these have already happened:

Lost city is K'un-Lun (shown as missing in the last few minutes of Iron Fist Season 1)

House fire burns Castle refers to what already happened at the end of Daredevil Season 2.