• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 2-5, 2017, Seattle, Washington
2 2

171 posts in this topic

I may have asked already and it may have been ignored. Either way, anyone interested in a Boardie get together? Maybe dinner and drinks somewhere?

I was a part of one for SDCC, it was fun. Put some faces to names and talk shop.

Anyone interested!?!?!

I'm interested since I live in the Emerald City again

I have some CGC Questions~

This year, I'm looking to do something seemingly more difficult...

Double Certified Sig on a Pricier Comic (Liefled & Lee on New Mutants 98).Considering the lines for Lee almost got the convention shut down by the fire marshall in 2015 (Too Many People crowding a large areas), And when Jim Lee and Scott Snyder were there, It was really limited and took forever in line.

Regarding your New Mutants #98 you should add Fabian Nicieza to it since he technically is the co-creator of Deadpool and will be at ECCC as well this year.

Regarding Jim Lee, I had heard the lines were incredible for 2015 because he was only signing for one day and I think it was a ticketed event. For last year it was a lottery that you entered via email. I ended up meeting him at a seminar, super nice guy, even got a sketch from him which is quite rare nowadays.

It looks like Todd McFarlane and Robert Kirkman will be appearing at ECCC 2017 as well.

So I am starting my planning for books to get signed. Ive been to numerous cons, but for big name creators, I have only stood in lines for McFarlane, Frank Miller, Liefeld and Stan Lee.

At ECCC do most artists generally limit the number of books you can get signed to 1 or 2? I know in Dallas, Miller and McFarlane were ticketed and you could only get one book signed. Stan Lee in Dallas and Liefeld in LA both did not seem to have a limit as long as you were willing to pay the price.

So far, the most amount of books that I have 5-10 are for Soule, Lemire, Dodson's, Wagner and Middleton. I know these are not huge names, but if anyone knows about limits for them, I will use a facilitator for some of my books for them.

If McFarlane and Kirkman are there, I might try to get 1 or 2 signed by them depending on if its ticketed.

They are definitely short on big name creators so far.

Edited by kevhtx

So I am starting my planning for books to get signed. Ive been to numerous cons, but for big name creators, I have only stood in lines for McFarlane, Frank Miller, Liefeld and Stan Lee.

At ECCC do most artists generally limit the number of books you can get signed to 1 or 2? I know in Dallas, Miller and McFarlane were ticketed and you could only get one book signed. Stan Lee in Dallas and Liefeld in LA both did not seem to have a limit as long as you were willing to pay the price.

So far, the most amount of books that I have 5-10 are for Soule, Lemire, Dodson's, Wagner and Middleton. I know these are not huge names, but if anyone knows about limits for them, I will use a facilitator for some of my books for them.

If McFarlane and Kirkman are there, I might try to get 1 or 2 signed by them depending on if its ticketed.

McFarlane and Kirkman are always ticketed/wristbanded - and you can't CGC any books that get signed during their public signings.

None of the other people you mention have limits.

I remember back when Stan Lee didn't charge, nor did any other creators but times have changed. Regarding Soule, Lemire, Wagner and the Dodson's all have never charged before. Lemire signed anything and everything as did the others at recent ECCC shows.I don't believe they have officially announced McFarlane and Kirkman but they appeared on the latest ECCC email that I got on Saturday. If its ticketed, it will probably be something about showing up at the Image booth unless they do an email lottery like they did for the Jim Lee two hour signing he had on the first day of the con at least year's ECCC.

Would like to know the cost of ticket to get a signature from Kirkman. Did not see that on ECCC website yet. I passed info to my friend as he is a big fan of Kirkman's work.

If I can't CGC, I won't want to get sigs. I already have their signatures on things that are graded. Ill focus my attention on others.

How hard is it to get CGC witnesses for most artists and for combo sigs (non-big names like Kirkman and so on)? Obviously Stan and Rob are handled by Anastasia.

And how hard is it for celebs like Bernthal and co? Just wondering based on anyones previous experience.

If I can't CGC, I won't want to get sigs. I already have their signatures on things that are graded. Ill focus my attention on others.

How hard is it to get CGC witnesses for most artists and for combo sigs (non-big names like Kirkman and so on)? Obviously Stan and Rob are handled by Anastasia.

And how hard is it for celebs like Bernthal and co? Just wondering based on anyones previous experience.

CGC will have a private signing with Kirkman at ECCC - that's the reason you can't get books CGC'ed from the public signing. For McFarlane, it's because he does several private signings every year and prefers to do books going to CGC at those times.

Emerald City is always a busy show for CGC - and I'm sure it's going to be even busier this year due to on-site grading - but, in general, as long as you're patient you should be able to get all your artist stuff done.

For celebs, swing by the booth and coordinate with CGC before getting in line - they'll most likely give you the phone number of a witness you can text when you're getting close.

My friend isn't going to have his books be CGC'd after have them signed. His books are just TPB volumes and he will bring the first and second volumes as enough for that. He's just a fan, not a collector or looking to sell any none.

Are you saying that Kirkman will only do signing if the books are going to CGC? If not going to CGC ... he won't do the signing?

CGC will have a private signing with Kirkman at ECCC - that's the reason you can't get books CGC'ed from the public signing. For McFarlane, it's because he does several private signings every year and prefers to do books going to CGC at those times.

Emerald City is always a busy show for CGC - and I'm sure it's going to be even busier this year due to on-site grading - but, in general, as long as you're patient you should be able to get all your artist stuff done.

For celebs, swing by the booth and coordinate with CGC before getting in line - they'll most likely give you the phone number of a witness you can text when you're getting close.

Very cool. Im getting there Friday mid-day and Im planning to go by the CGC booth one of first things I do.

Thanks!!

My friend isn't going to have his books be CGC'd after have them signed. His books are just TPB volumes and he will bring the first and second volumes as enough for that. He's just a fan, not a collector or looking to sell any none.

Are you saying that Kirkman will only do signing if the books are going to CGC? If not going to CGC ... he won't do the signing?

No, sorry if it wasn't clear.

Kirkman will do public signings during ECCC - these will most certainly be wristbanded/ticketed on a first-come first-serve basis if the last years are any indication. At his public signings, you can't get items signed that are going to CGC - you can, however, get all your personal stuff signed (eg. raw books, TPBs, blu-ray covers, etc).

If you want your items CGC'ed, the items need to be submitted for his private signing, however.

Another question. If I bring a CGC SS book, how does that work with the witnesses? Do they de-slab and then take it to the line with me? Just trying to decide if I want to bring a few that I already have slabbed.

Another question. If I bring a CGC SS book, how does that work with the witnesses? Do they de-slab and then take it to the line with me? Just trying to decide if I want to bring a few that I already have slabbed.

First, do not deslab anything until you make sure the individual you want to sign the book is at the show. Second, go to the cgc booth and they will help with deslabbing and finding a witness.

Third, don't forget to take an extra window bag for each book thats prepared for signing.

Keep in mind, once deslabbed the book will get regraded and may get a lower grade. Good luck!

Last years guests list was better IMO. Hoping for some great last minute additions.

Fingers crossed.

Certainly has nothing to do with comics but if anyone is a fan of the Outlander TV series on Starz, the two stars of the show will be there with a presentation at 11:00 am Friday along with a signing schedule. No way I'd pay for TV star signings but I'm very excited to go to their panel. Awesome show by the way for anyone who has not checked it out. Time travel back to 1700s Scotland.

Last years guests list was better IMO. Hoping for some great last minute additions.

Fingers crossed.

Certainly has nothing to do with comics but if anyone is a fan of the Outlander TV series on Starz, the two stars of the show will be there with a presentation at 11:00 am Friday along with a signing schedule. No way I'd pay for TV star signings but I'm very excited to go to their panel. Awesome show by the way for anyone who has not checked it out. Time travel back to 1700s Scotland.

Me and the wife love this show.

Fingers crossed.

Me and the wife love this show.

Yes, awesome show. ECCC offered some kind of Outlander VIP meet and greet with all kinds of signings and photos for an extra $495. Sold out quick, before I even had the option to buy. I wouldn't have anyway as that is way too expensive for me, though I'm a huge fan of the show.