• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vancouver Comic Show - Feb.26 2017
2 2

60 posts in this topic

Ooh, to say that. You're up to something despicable? :baiting:

Hope the weather on this day will be great. Please no ... I better not say! > knocking wood<

I'm in game mode, busy working on books to bag, board and file in. Bring on! :sumo:

Thanks to Flatliner not wanting to demean himself by digging through long boxes at Rx, I was able to restock for Van Comic Show:

Wb0N9X4.jpg

Will also bring some vintage comics to sell, as tough to compete with Flatliner's awesome $1 bins:

VLl5Gn6.jpg

I'm purchasing a mint Bronze/Copper OO Collection this weekend, where pretty much everything is NM or better. Naturally I will strip it for parts, and a lot of it will end up in the $1 bin because I have a legacy to maintain.

Glad Aardvark has enjoyed diving in the RX bins, trolling through my leftovers.

dear Flatliner,

Will any of greggy's sloppy seconds all in mylites :acclaim: be sold at HH Welfare con this Sunday Jan. 22, 2017?

I will bring some more Dr Strange to Feb/17 Van Comic Show:

8Fr7Qgp.jpg

Thank you Rx Comics for 14 years in Vancouver.

Did not see Fan Boy, Flatliner or his chauffeur at HH con where there were some decent $1 boxes. I imagine they were all raiding the last of Rx Comics stock which increased their discounts for newish graphic novels and <3 trade paperbacks to 70% off US price, and all floppy back issues and newer unbagged comics were bulk priced at $1 each. I think the used graphic novels or trades are now 90% off sticker price so these are pretty brutal discounts.

Some of my purchases Sunday:

jQ8naPN.jpg

Aardvark88, I was at Rx on Saturday to find a few books to buy. I was taking advantage of the good weather to enjoy the day. Did not go to HH con as I was saving up as much I could for my ECCC trip ahead after I am done with upcoming CCC show.

This year, I am trying to put more focused into finishing up some of my WTB list.

Glad you had some fun with finding these books. (thumbs u

I think the 90% is just on toys and statues at the moment.

Looks to be right as you said. That was what I had noticed in there. I got one HC volume at 70% off

They are having the last weekend on sale before the store closed forever into the era of old school comic stores.

Pretty sure the sign said 90% off the used, older stock of trade paper backs. Either way, a wheeler dealer just filled up their van Monday with ALL (about 800?) of the deep discounted overstocked :foryou: graphic novels so Rx is getting emptier but still has lots in storage.

Rx is getting emptier but still has lots in storage.

Means the little mice will have more space to roam around and read up the books in nights.

I saw the desk guy evicted one poor little mouse out the front door. But it went back for warmth of comics. lol

fyi, the Brother was walking around HH con explaining to his Van Comic Show vendors that Croatian Cult. Ctr (CCC) has added more wall lighting to the large center hall. Problem is that the new light fixtures are about 7' high off the floor, 2' x 2' and 8 inches deep. They have a fragile fabric cover so no heavy wall racks should be leaning against them. Any damaged light fixtures or scraped wall paint after their renovation may be subject to a CCC fine of $50.

For vendors that are old school and just tape their comics on the wall, you will have to work around the new lighting. Good news is the Van Comic Show is sold out and still has a vendor wait list of 20 additional :golfclap: collector/dealers. Incredible demand and positive buzz. See you there. <3

fyi, Rx Comics last day of closing out sale will be Sat. Jan 28, 2017 per their Facebook.

Also, Golden Age Collectables downtown Vancouver will have an Image Comics Anniversary promo store signing Wed. Feb 1, 2017 with artist Kaare Andrews, writer Colin Lorimer plus another local comics writer.

Today is 20 days left to the big show. It's feeling like I am in the Mad,Mad,Mad World movie ... racing among you guys to the climax :ohnoez:

Right now, I am just enjoying my coffee keeping warm inside before I go out facing the stupid snow to my work. doh!

There is a color pic of the previous Rx Comics in Vancouver Sun paper Feb 8, 2017 page B5 announcing "new comic shop coming soon." The 2 former Rx staff are having new shelving built this month at same location Main/Broadway, Vancouver. :x

5 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

There is a color pic of the previous Rx Comics in Vancouver Sun paper Feb 8, 2017 page B5 announcing "new comic shop coming soon." The 2 former Rx staff are having new shelving built this month at same location Main/Broadway, Vancouver. :x

Really??? Kelly and Nick are going all in?