• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

lfV2OOQ4P0_zps5k4qyzak.jpg

Ink over graphite on an illustration board. My 1st piece of OA

A terrific start. Welcome to the addiction.

Thanks. Comics are great and I love collecting and reading them. Original art is on a different level. I can for sure see this turning into an addiction. For me it started when I was invited to a reception at Heritage to view the Eric Sack collection. That's when I realized that original art is what I want to focus on.

Edited by felixthecat

Received two absolute beauties in the mail this week! They're the very first additions to my ComicArtFans gallery!

First up, this amazing Whilce Portacio X-Factor splash, featuring the villainy of Apocalypse

Portacio X-Factor Apocalypse splash

Next up, this awesome Val Semeiks double page splash from Grant Morrison's JLA/Wildc.a.t.s graphic novel, featuring the entire Wildc.a.t.s team!

Semeiks Wildc.a.t.s double page splash

just got it in as a xmas gift to myself

deathstroke 14 pg11

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1368565

for fun on somethings like OA or covers i'll come up with something fun to describe what's going on

this one is either "deathstrokes a person_without_enough_empathy", or "her pimp hand is strong"

lol can anyone tell me who she is?

Edited by Dark Prime 0

My commission of the main cast of the strip Rick O’Shay by the late Stan Lynde was just published as the cover to the Dec 2016 issue of the Comics Review! It’s very appropriate because I asked Stan for a scene on Christmas Day in the O’Shay household. If you are familiar with the strip, Stan would often have “homey” scenes for Christmas and Easter. I really enjoyed them and asked for one when I found him selling items on ebay.

Rick Norwood, the editor of Comics Review, contacted me through Facebook about using it and I said sure if Mrs. Lynde agreed. She did and Rick used it.

It’s fun to see it in print. The cover is in the Additional Images.

XliqOhc2_1901172031291gpaiadd.jpg

P.S. It is a remarkable piece. Look at the shadows and the glow of the candles on the tree which is unpainted paper.

My commission of the main cast of the strip Rick O’Shay by the late Stan Lynde was just published as the cover to the Dec 2016 issue of the Comics Review! It’s very appropriate because I asked Stan for a scene on Christmas Day in the O’Shay household. If you are familiar with the strip, Stan would often have “homey” scenes for Christmas and Easter. I really enjoyed them and asked for one when I found him selling items on ebay.

Rick Norwood, the editor of Comics Review, contacted me through Facebook about using it and I said sure if Mrs. Lynde agreed. She did and Rick used it.

It’s fun to see it in print. The cover is in the Additional Images.

XliqOhc2_1901172031291gpaiadd.jpg

P.S. It is a remarkable piece. Look at the shadows and the glow of the candles on the tree which is unpainted paper.

It's a nice story, and a nice commission. It deserved to be published.