• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,060 posts in this topic

Personally, I don't like the sound of this new movie. They are pushing the comedy too much. It was great for Deadpool, won't work for everything. Poor choice IMO.

+1

Ryan Reynolds is and was comedic. That didn't carry the last GL flick for sure.

They really don't need to synthesize artificial humor for these movies. What they need to do is not make pictures that suck. There's already a successful roadmap that's been developing since the inception of these characters, why deviate to such a degree that the material becomes unpalatable and cheesy?

Probably because Lethal Weapon needs to be rebooted and for no other reason. Why else would be seeing a mediocre television version emerge and now talk of this infecting the DC movies?

DC has three years to make the movie right. Regardless of how the movie does, Showcase 22 will perform well in the long term and has been catching up as being the second most valuable SA DC. For a matter of fact, SC22 in 7.0+ will sell for more than Brave and the Bold 28 in those respective grades.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

On 1/17/2017 at 0:53 PM, showcase22gr1959 said:

DC has three years to make the movie right. Regardless of how the movie does, Showcase 22 will perform well in the long term and has been catching up as being the second most valuable SA DC. For a matter of fact, SC22 in 7.0+ will sell for more than Brave and the Bold 28 in those respective grades.

On 1/17/2017 at 0:53 PM, showcase22gr1959 said:

Agreed I see it as the #2 SA DC book but BB28 is very cool as well.....SC4 will be king always!!

4 hours ago, GAMBIT said:

"Always" is a long time.  (look at FF1 in the 80s/ 90's)

Yes but truly do you ever see SC22 passing SC4? I say this and I don't even own a SC4.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591
Text

3 hours ago, GAMBIT said:
On 2017-03-10 at 4:40 PM, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Agreed I see it as the #2 SA DC book but BB28 is very cool as well.....SC4 will be king always!!

"Always" is a long time.  (look at FF1 in the 80s/ 90's)

There was a time when nobody wanted a Showcase #4.

There was a time when GA was flat over a decade ago. I remember talking to another former dealer about it and wondering why GA was dead.

There was a time when Marvel #1 was the most valuable book in OSPG.

Whenever someone says  'always' I reminded by what my old shop teacher said: Never say never.

17 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

There was a time when nobody wanted a Showcase #4.

There was a time when GA was flat over a decade ago. I remember talking to another former dealer about it and wondering why GA was dead.

There was a time when Marvel #1 was the most valuable book in OSPG.

Whenever someone says  'always' I reminded by what my old shop teacher said: Never say never.

Remember when Adventure Comics 247 was the SA DC key...

Just now, bronze johnny said:

Remember when Adventure Comics 247 was the SA DC key...

I sure do. If you weren't a Superboy collector you weren't a real collector.

6 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Yep, Marvel 1 and Adv 247 were the books. A close 2nd was FF1, NOT AF15 in those days.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

No reason why it won't happen again. History is cyclical...

4 hours ago, bronze johnny said:
5 hours ago, VintageComics said:

No reason why it won't happen again. History is cyclical...

Let's collect Superboy!

?

On 1/17/2017 at 10:53 AM, showcase22gr1959 said:

For a matter of fact, SC22 in 7.0+ will sell for more than Brave and the Bold 28 in those respective grades.

Does that still hold true now?