• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I'm buying East of West, The Walking Dead, and God Country. All look great but my absolute favorite has to be Invincible. Looks like it would have fit right in with that cover.

Getting Kill Or Be Killed #6 (The Walking Dead #1 homage) and WalkingD.E.A.D. #164 (WildC.A.T.s #1 homage). Funnily enough, they're both TWD-related even though I'm not a big fan of TWD. Kill Or Be Killed is on my pull list and I like the 25th anniversary cover. The TWD #164, I'm only getting for the Jim Lee homage. lol

Woof indeed, love the artist, hate that style. Here's hoping I can walk away with a regular cover for that issue. Then again I need to catch up with this series in the first place. I think I'm way back on like, issue 15 haha.

It feels like these comments might be riding out into the ether but this book is just too good not to mention. Issue #32 has a meeting between 2 of the 4 best characters from the series and....

Spoiler

...it ends very badly for one of them...and another....

18 issues to go. In other words, we still have about 2 years left. lol

I'm going to kiss this book like I did Planetary and Stormwatch/The Authority by Ellis and Millar. I'm thrilled that Hickman committed to this book. There was a time when many Image writers either shortened their series or walked away in the middle. Hickman and Dragotta have stayed true to their initial comments about the series which buys them lots of good will from me. I'll be looking forward to whatever they do after this, even if its for Marvel. 

5 hours ago, the authority said:

It feels like these comments might be riding out into the ether but this book is just too good not to mention. Issue #32 has a meeting between 2 of the 4 best characters from the series and....

Reveal hidden contents

...it ends very badly for one of them...and another....

18 issues to go. In other words, we still have about 2 years left. lol

I'm going to kiss this book like I did Planetary and Stormwatch/The Authority by Ellis and Millar. I'm thrilled that Hickman committed to this book. There was a time when many Image writers either shortened their series or walked away in the middle. Hickman and Dragotta have stayed true to their initial comments about the series which buys them lots of good will from me. I'll be looking forward to whatever they do after this, even if its for Marvel. 

This and now God country are the only current titles i read. this is a story i want to actually see through to the end and like you have nothing but praise for the fact this is still coming out on good time. can't wait to read this issue from what you now have mentioned.

Also regret letting go of my #1 RRP and i can't say that about too many comics i have got rid off over the years....i'm going to have to get one again.