• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

Thanks. It is more timing than anything. Right now there seem to be a lot of longer term collectors up here that are starting to offload their collections.

Bingo. It's been happening for the last 3 years. The time to buy is now, before the next hibernation and subsequent price rise in the next "spring." :preach:

I'm in!

GSX-men1_zpsmpjimzhn.jpg

Nice. All you need to do now is upgrade to a copy with White pages - that's where it's at.

We receive free beauty treatments, backstage access at all concerts/signings, discounted flights and a chauffeur when travelling in major cities. My GS-X #1 in 9.8 W also garnered me my trophy wife and her family's fortune.

Yes...that's where it's at. :cloud9:

Fantastic books.  I usually collect Gold & Silver Age books, but I'm going to start with these books, GSX1 and X94.  I have a few questions, please educate me, send  a PM or post here.  I know GSX1 is the 1st app of the new X-men, why is the 9.8 CGC's less expensive than the X-men 94's 9.8 CGC (the 2nd app of the new x-men)?  Is it only because there are more GSX1 graded (total for 140, Blue/SS/restored)) at 9.8 than X-men 94's (total for 31 blue/SS/restored)?  Is it the 1st or 2nd app of the new x-men which is more important OR the QTY at the 9.8 level?  Thanks.  Nick

Edited by Agent 007

13 hours ago, Agent 007 said:

Fantastic books.  I usually collect Gold & Silver Age books, but I'm going to start with these books, GSX1 and X94.  I have a few questions, please educate me, send  a PM or post here.  I know GSX1 is the 1st app of the new X-men, why is the 9.8 CGC's less expensive than the X-men 94's 9.8 CGC (the 2nd app of the new x-men)?  Is it only because there are more GSX1 graded (total for 140, Blue/SS/restored)) at 9.8 than X-men 94's (total for 31 blue/SS/restored)?  Is it the 1st or 2nd app of the new x-men which is more important OR the QTY at the 9.8 level?  Thanks.  Nick

X-Men 94 is just rarer in high grades than GS X-Men 1.  That commands the higher price tag.  I wouldn't consider X-Men 94 the more important book by any means.  I'd venture to say GS X-Men is the most important book of the bronze age, even beating Hulk 180/181.  I have both books (94 & GS 1), but if I had to give one up, I wouldn't hesitate to part with X-Men 94.  GS X-Men is just a must have for any bronze collector.

Hey guys! Only posted a few times in the forum but this is my first time using the new boards. Glad you can post pics now! Anyways, here is my GSX #1 I just submitted to CGC at the New York Comic Book Marketplace! I'm excited and nervous to see what grade I get back, it's my first time submitting to CGC. Also submitted AMS #6, AMS #50, Marvel Spotlight #5 and Batman #232. So we'll see. Anyways, here's my book!

Spoiler
Spoiler

IMG_8013.JPG