• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

I don't know of course, but I feel bad for the winner of this auction; with "minor color touch" in the description. hmmmm looks to be VF- to VF, and I don't know much about the higher ended IH 181's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-Hulk-181-Vol-1-Super-High-Grade-1st-App-of-Wolverine-w-Marvel-Stamp-/201775609617?hash=item2efac37711:g:rm0AAOSwo4pYcDid

I have not been in here for awhile. I was up to 14 copies but had an chance to trade some for an upgrade on my tos 39 and sold a few to fund my JIM 83.

My favorite book by far. Down to 10 left

IH%20181%20%2010%20copies%20left_zpswjscemtl.jpg

Only ten - shame on you

:jokealert:

So I got this done by Herb Trimpe in 2013 at Comikaze after I had decided I was going to get the Hulk and Wolverine battle tattooed. The problem was that the Hulk's legs were cut off. I found a clean image of the cover online and printed it slightly smaller than the paper so that there was room to draw around it. When I asked Herb to draw it, he kinda chuckled and told me no one had ever asked him to do that. He took it to his room that night and brought it back the next day. He was really excited about having done it. He said the he had an "epiphany of this beautiful Japanese forest scenery and on the very edge of the forest on a cliff was this fight going on but on a much smaller scale than the scenery". He didn't charge me a thing for doing it and said he appreciated the chance to do it. After that, I had gotten a few sketches from him...but this is what I treasure most.

Seems like a lot of fans of this book on here and I figure everyone would appreciate this as much (if not more) than I do.

20160605_215719-1_resized_zpsnfc7yko3.jpg

So I got this done by Herb Trimpe in 2013 at Comikaze after I had decided I was going to get the Hulk and Wolverine battle tattooed. The problem was that the Hulk's legs were cut off. I found a clean image of the cover online and printed it slightly smaller than the paper so that there was room to draw around it. When I asked Herb to draw it, he kinda chuckled and told me no one had ever asked him to do that. He took it to his room that night and brought it back the next day. He was really excited about having done it. He said the he had an "epiphany of this beautiful Japanese forest scenery and on the very edge of the forest on a cliff was this fight going on but on a much smaller scale than the scenery". He didn't charge me a thing for doing it and said he appreciated the chance to do it. After that, I had gotten a few sketches from him...but this is what I treasure most.

Seems like a lot of fans of this book on here and I figure everyone would appreciate this as much (if not more) than I do.

20160605_215719-1_resized_zpsnfc7yko3.jpg

wow-- that is really cool. Thanks for sharing

On 1/25/2017 at 8:17 PM, wolviefrk said:

I have not been in here for awhile. I was up to 14 copies but had an chance to trade some for an upgrade on my tos 39 and sold a few to fund my JIM 83.

My favorite book by far. Down to 10 left

IH%20181%20%2010%20copies%20left_zpswjscemtl.jpg

Just get one in each grade, but make sure all the reds match. :)

A fair amount of demand but not as rare as a TOS 39 or any other SA type book...

OOOHHHH SNAP lol that's a (german?) edition, I don't know about the demand for foreign issues, perhaps the originals will continue to grow in value with the foriegn editions to sturdy the "now" market (at the bottom) (or vice versa idk)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM