• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

I only found out in the last few years how bad Dreamwave was in its business dealings. I remember liking the second G1 mini series and the War Within stuff was decent, at least concept-wise. I'd probably be disappointed if I went back and reread them. Might be a goal for me this week.

Those are awesome sketches. So, I've tried contacting Alex Milne for a sketch commission, but never heard back. Is there a proper channel to go through or did you just see them at a show and commission the pieces then? I'd really like to get some done, I just don't know how to go about it.

Those are awesome sketches. So, I've tried contacting Alex Milne for a sketch commission, but never heard back. Is there a proper channel to go through or did you just see them at a show and commission the pieces then? I'd really like to get some done, I just don't know how to go about it.

Yeah, his communication isn't the greatest but I'm sure he's just really busy. He was at the Fan Expo and about a month prior he posted on Facebook that he was accepting commissions. He had prices and how to reach and pay him....he even had the blank cover already. I emailed him 3 or 4 times before he replied and accepted the commission. Dscott was facilitating the convention and picked them up for me for grading. Very nice guy, just seems really busy. Hope that helps ya.

Yeah, his communication isn't the greatest but I'm sure he's just really busy. He was at the Fan Expo and about a month prior he posted on Facebook that he was accepting commissions. He had prices and how to reach and pay him....he even had the blank cover already. I emailed him 3 or 4 times before he replied and accepted the commission. Dscott was facilitating the convention and picked them up for me for grading. Very nice guy, just seems really busy. Hope that helps ya.

I've heard to just stay persistent because the artists are usually busy with their normal workload and other commissions. Thank you for clearing that up.

Congrats to whoever nabbed the MTMTE 19 RI with one picture. lol

This seller probably cost himself a hundred or more by not showing more pictures or scans, but I have bought from him before and is a legit seller.

A friend did nab the 1/250 copy Rage of the DInobots #1 Virgin Variants! Congrats bro

Mine came perfect minty fresh.

If you didn't have to ask for replacements, you are the 1st.

Congrats!

I was worried when I saw the packaging and opened it expecting some defect. I got lucky I guess. Cool covers too. Anyone know the print run? Is it a standard 3000 print run?

Guys, I just wanted to post my two auctions of two CGC Transformer keys. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to do an outside of eBay deal. Just PM me an offer. Thanks!

Transformers: Till All Are One #1 RI-B 1:25 Milne Retailer Incentive CGC 9.8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152375099701?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #12 RI Coller Retailer Incentive CGC 8.0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152390401769?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

167458.jpg.9c67d5ebf76bd01e9cc339ebc525aa39.jpg

167459.jpg.b610729490f57ca17cdd19af8daa7e73.jpg

Sorry if already posted,But the ript apparel variants are up.

https://www.riptapparel.com/collections/transformers-comics

Yeah, others have reported trouble getting ink rub free and otherwise damage free copies.

Good luck, I have passed as of now.

Got mine the other day.Yea they weren't mint 9.8 but 9.2 or better with a press.If they bagged and boarded them They might have came better.

Got mine the other day.Yea they weren't mint 9.8 but 9.2 or better with a press.If they bagged and boarded them They might have came better.

My replacement copies arrived the other day. Better but not like they were bought right off the rack. I thought we may have moved beyond the days of shipping without bags and boards. Mine are probably 9.2/9.4 as is. I think I may be done buying books from non-comic sources.