• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Portland -- February 17-19, 2017

14 posts in this topic

I regret not going this year and I might just go net year as an excuse to go to Portland.

I spoke to some exhibitors I know who set up as well as some friends who went, they said the show wasn't that good this year, show floor was pretty much dead on Friday and some of Sunday. Unsure of the attendance numbers, not even sure if WW releases that info.

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

The line up of celebs was brutal the last time I checked.  People have other things to do with their money.

Agreed, and from what I read the layout was horrible and the crowd was very weak. Wouldn't surprise me if this was the last Portland show. Also wouldn't surprise me if this is the first domino to fall for Wizard's bankruptcy if they were teetering on the brink before. Doesn't take too many hits to the cash flow to send the whole house of cards crashing down.